Suggestion on what to do in Trinidad for the day??

Kiwi_cruiser

On 1/30/2019 at 8:06 AM, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Thank You everyone for there replays and information.

Anyone got an updates?

Trinidad update:

The raw sewage problems remain and currently there is no money to correct it.

There is no money to purchase the tools to repair the damaged roads, let alone buying the materials.  So the infrastructure detoriates.

Schools are closing on health/safety grounds.

Young school children are now openly smoking marijuana at school.

Kidnapping for ransom money has started.

Shop workers skimming credit cards of tourists and locals.

Because of bad business decisions by Government offices, they are now asking residents to pay more in taxes, when local residents' incomes are dropping, because of bad business decisions by the Government.

Could go on.

As a good friend said, his beloved island is slowly becoming the S'Hole of the Caribbean.

And Cruise Lines continue to call......

• 2 weeks later...

Saddest thing in the world!! I ran trying to get on this island, no way they wouldn't let me in, I wanted to catch a taxi and head up into the mountains, they didn't buy it. Then I told them I was going in town and hit a few bars, they didn't buy that either. They weren't buying anything except me going back to the ship. SUCKED!!!

I was by myself ready to conquer Trinidad and was walked by my arm back to the terminal and pointed towards the gangway. This island has big problems that are only going to get bigger. They're losing control of the island, or already have. Too bad for them, I spend a lot of money on each island this island didn't get a dime from me. I can only do so much. I'm very sorry about everything. Todd

• 4 months later...

Just coming across this now as Trinidad is still showing as a port on the Caribbean Princess for my cruise April 2020. Curious as to why if people can't actually go anywhere or do anything. I'd rather they substitute a different port than feel confined to the ship when it is in a port. I did notice on my cruise planner, that they have a little green blobby thing next to Bonaire (which is not in the lined itinerary for the cruise) so perhaps they are thinking of changing to this??

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2019 at 1:44 PM, hdowney said:

Just coming across this now as Trinidad is still showing as a port on the Caribbean Princess for my cruise April 2020. Curious as to why if people can't actually go anywhere or do anything. I'd rather they substitute a different port than feel confined to the ship when it is in a port. I did notice on my cruise planner, that they have a little green blobby thing next to Bonaire (which is not in the lined itinerary for the cruise) so perhaps they are thinking of changing to this??

Yes a group of us did the same cruise you are doing next spring, last December on the Caribbean Princess, we don't have the foggiest idea why Princess ports here. Have no clue what the "little green blobby thing" is next to Bonaire. Trinidad, long story book a ships tour now or stay on the ship. I would stay on the ship. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/16/2018 at 9:59 AM, Kiwi_cruiser said:

We have never been to Trinidad before.

I was wondering what did you do there for the day?? and What would you recommend doing there for the day??

Also can you snorkel at Trinidad?

Any ideas / suggestions are very welcome 🙂

we did Trinidad/Tobago last January, we joined two other couples within the cruise terminal for a private tour with a taxi driver (there are tons of them to try to get your business)  for an island tour and to Maracas beach, $25pp , took about 45 minutes the get there, the taxi driver was very informative and acted as a tour guide at the same time 🙂