bnorris10

Going on Celebration on Friday - Do you need to know anything

Just decided to book a last minute cruise for Friday on the Celebration - I love that I can book a 2 day and be back before the school week starts again - Anyways if you need to know anything please post here and I will try my best to figure it out for you

Change that to we are leaving Tuesday - Totally forgot I had plans for Saturday with Girl Scouts - Thankfully when I called they said they could change it without fee since I had just booked it an hour before

Could you find out the price for a couples massage in the spa? Are you going on an excursion in Freeport?

If it's raining staying on the boat since we have been to Freeport before if not raining gonna hop a taxi and go to thus great little conch shack near the marketplace

DONT DO IT!!! i've been trying to get a call back from a manager or someone of power since SATURDAY. this is my recept expierence:

My husband and I booked a 2 day 3 night cruiseto the Bahamas for May 12th- May 14th out of the Port ofPalm Beach Florida. We arrived about 6 hours prior to the ships disembark timeand sat through a 2 hour time share presentation. After this presentation weare sent to the front of the registration line to complete our registration. Weprovided our original birth certificate and a picture I.D., we were given ourship ID cards and were brought onto the boat. This was around 11am. We wanderedthe ship, and after being harassed quite aggressively by servers who spoke NO Englishwe purchased a drink package and overpriced cups to drink them out of. We wereboth about 2 drinks in when the manager knocked on our cabin door. After THREEHOURS of being aboard the ship, spending money & drinking alcohol I wastold that my license was expired. Instead of having us pack our belonging comfortably,the manager proceeded to lock our cabin door OPEN and stood over us while sherushed us to re-pack what we just spend a half hour unpacking. The manager saidthey had been debating for HOURS if my ID was in fact expired, so she willinglyadmitted they left us aboard this ship to spend a bunch of money and consume alcoholknowing they were possibly going to be removing me from it. After that, she proceedsto tell me I can renew my license online and the woman at the check-in counterwould walk me through the steps to do so. The website took $20 and it wasn’tthe official Florida DMV website, it was a knock-off website selling a bogus ‘licensehow-to’ manual, NOT the correct website to renew my drivers license. I’ve YETto receive my refund from that company. Then my husband and I had to sit in theparking lot because we were tipsy from the drinks we consumed. After finallymaking it home Saturday afternoon, I proceeded to reach out to ANYONE to talkto about this horribly unprofessional experience but was told no managers werenow on site. I left a detailed message and have YET to receive a call back. Notonly was the staff obviously unable to do their job correctly, they were rude,lacked empathy or understanding and threatened to have my husband arrestedbecause we were explaining our situation with fellow passengers. We should haveNEVER BEEN ALOUD ON THIS SHIP. Not only did we waste money that we have yet to receiveback, but we were put in danger when being allowed to consume alcoholic drinks andthen being forced to drive back home. Word of mouth is the best advertisement anyone can have. The woman’sname who let me aboard the ship was Lauren, she has dyed red/brown hair and iswhite skinned: this employee doesn’t know how to do her job. If she had doneher job correctly I would’ve gone home safely without drinking anything. I amso very distraught over this entire situation and the company has done nothingto reach back out to me, no one even apologized to me at the port.

you get what you pay for ;)

First I have been on this boat before and never had an issue nor has anyone else that I have known - time share presentations is a choice that you make its not forced

Second this sounds like it was your fault to begin with - You should have not tried getting on the ship with an expired license - This is YOUR fault not the ship's fault they can't control the fact that you decided to try and get on the ship and leave the company with invalid identification - granted they should not have let you on the ship to begin with but perhaps they were trying to be nice and let you get on but then they realized they could get in trouble who knows why they let you on the ship either way in the future i strongly suggest that you have proper identification before trying to get on a cruise ship

DONT DO IT!!! i've been trying to get a call back from a manager or someone of power since SATURDAY. this is my recept expierence:

My husband and I booked a 2 day 3 night cruiseto the Bahamas for May 12th- May 14th out of the Port ofPalm Beach Florida. We arrived about 6 hours prior to the ships disembark timeand sat through a 2 hour time share presentation. After this presentation weare sent to the front of the registration line to complete our registration. Weprovided our original birth certificate and a picture I.D., we were given ourship ID cards and were brought onto the boat. This was around 11am. We wanderedthe ship, and after being harassed quite aggressively by servers who spoke NO Englishwe purchased a drink package and overpriced cups to drink them out of. We wereboth about 2 drinks in when the manager knocked on our cabin door. After THREEHOURS of being aboard the ship, spending money & drinking alcohol I wastold that my license was expired. Instead of having us pack our belonging comfortably,the manager proceeded to lock our cabin door OPEN and stood over us while sherushed us to re-pack what we just spend a half hour unpacking. The manager saidthey had been debating for HOURS if my ID was in fact expired, so she willinglyadmitted they left us aboard this ship to spend a bunch of money and consume alcoholknowing they were possibly going to be removing me from it. After that, she proceedsto tell me I can renew my license online and the woman at the check-in counterwould walk me through the steps to do so. The website took $20 and it wasn’tthe official Florida DMV website, it was a knock-off website selling a bogus ‘licensehow-to’ manual, NOT the correct website to renew my drivers license. I’ve YETto receive my refund from that company. Then my husband and I had to sit in theparking lot because we were tipsy from the drinks we consumed. After finallymaking it home Saturday afternoon, I proceeded to reach out to ANYONE to talkto about this horribly unprofessional experience but was told no managers werenow on site. I left a detailed message and have YET to receive a call back. Notonly was the staff obviously unable to do their job correctly, they were rude,lacked empathy or understanding and threatened to have my husband arrestedbecause we were explaining our situation with fellow passengers. We should haveNEVER BEEN ALOUD ON THIS SHIP. Not only did we waste money that we have yet to receiveback, but we were put in danger when being allowed to consume alcoholic drinks andthen being forced to drive back home. Word of mouth is the best advertisement anyone can have. The woman’sname who let me aboard the ship was Lauren, she has dyed red/brown hair and iswhite skinned: this employee doesn’t know how to do her job. If she had doneher job correctly I would’ve gone home safely without drinking anything. I amso very distraught over this entire situation and the company has done nothingto reach back out to me, no one even apologized to me at the port.

you get what you pay for ;)

From their website

U.S. Citizens: All U.S. citizens must have valid proof of citizenship. While a passport is highly recommended, passengers can travel with an original birth certificate issued by a U.S. government agency (not from a hospital) and a valid government issued photo ID, in place of passport.Passport cards and enhanced driver’s licenses are also acceptable forms of documentation.

And you got on with an expired ID.....If you would have read the criteria BEFORE you booked, then you would have known that. IF you realized after you booked that it was expired, well then, .........you might have to cancel or rebook until you have valid ID.

From their website

U.S. Citizens: All U.S. citizens must have valid proof of citizenship. While a passport is highly recommended, passengers can travel with an original birth certificate issued by a U.S. government agency (not from a hospital) and a valid government issued photo ID, in place of passport.Passport cards and enhanced driver’s licenses are also acceptable forms of documentation.

And you got on with an expired ID.....If you would have read the criteria BEFORE you booked, then you would have known that. IF you realized after you booked that it was expired, well then, .........you might have to cancel or rebook until you have valid ID.

In my opinion they should lose their money its not the cruise ships fault for what happened and they should not have to lose money because of someone's stupidity of trying to leave the country with invalid id

The first mistake was the guest who did not have proper identification. The second mistake was the cruise line employee/contractor who did not detect the problem before allowing the guest to board the ship. The third mistake was the cruise line employee who sounds like they were unnecessarily impolite in handling the situation. The identification rule is a US government requirement. The cruise line has no say in that. They MUST enforce the requirement. But they (cruise line) should be considerate of the guest in all cases and does share a portion of the blame for allowing the guest to board without proper id.

Gordon

ya'll obviously dont understand why i'm upset.. the company messed up by LETTING ME ON THE BOAT. PERIOD. because of their inability to do their job i got drunk and spent money that i HAVEN'T BEEN REIMBURSED FOR. that's their fault, not mine. yes my id was expired, but i should've not been aloud on the boat period. all they care about is taking your money. the dmv website they had me go on way a fake, way unprofessional.

The first mistake was the guest who did not have proper identification. The second mistake was the cruise line employee/contractor who did not detect the problem before allowing the guest to board the ship. The third mistake was the cruise line employee who sounds like they were unnecessarily impolite in handling the situation. The identification rule is a US government requirement. The cruise line has no say in that. They MUST enforce the requirement. But they (cruise line) should be considerate of the guest in all cases and does share a portion of the blame for allowing the guest to board without proper id.

Gordon

that's why i'm upset. they're job was to make sure everything was legit before letting me on the boat. they didn't want to own up to their mistake and rather shifted ALL of it on me. I'm taking blame for having an expired ID, did i know at the time no, should i have checked yes. But they messed up by letting me on the boat period. getting me drunk and then kicking me off.

Did you drive to the ship with your expired ID? Did you drive away from the ship while drunk? Perhaps you're lucky not to be in jail.

Did you drive to the ship with your expired ID? Did you drive away from the ship while drunk? Perhaps you're lucky not to be in jail.

they're job was to make sure everything was legit before letting me on the boat. they didn't want to own up to their mistake and rather shifted ALL of it on me. I'm taking blame for having an expired ID, did i know at the time no, should i have checked yes. But they messed up by letting me on the boat period. getting me drunk and then kicking me off.

i got drunk and spent money that i HAVEN'T BEEN REIMBURSED FOR. that's their fault, not mine.

Negative you chose to get drunk and spend that money and you should not be reimbursed for that

You also chose to show up at the port with an expired driver's licenses - I mean seriously what traveler does not know that you need valid ID to travel on a cruise ship

You are doing nothing but blaming them for stuff that is your fault and you should really take responsibility for your part in this

I had a lovely time on the 5/12 cruise. You always need to show up to the dock with proper documentation.

Yes, the guest made in a mistake and has accepted responsibility for that. (I doubt that they CHOSE to show up with expired ID). Cruise lines sometimes contract our the check-in. So either the cruise line or the contractor failed to detect the required ID was expired. And the cruise line employee should have been more polite. The responsibility for problems 2 and 3 lie with employees. The cruise line should respond with at least an apology for the second and third issues.

I know I won't make the first mistake. I have a passport that is valid until 2025. But if there is any incident on board, I want to be sure that the cruise staff will be courteous.

Gordon

Yes, the guest made in a mistake and has accepted responsibility for that. (I doubt that they CHOSE to show up with expired ID). Cruise lines sometimes contract our the check-in. So either the cruise line or the contractor failed to detect the required ID was expired. And the cruise line employee should have been more polite. The responsibility for problems 2 and 3 lie with employees. The cruise line should respond with at least an apology for the second and third issues.

I know I won't make the first mistake. I have a passport that is valid until 2025. But if there is any incident on board, I want to be sure that the cruise staff will be courteous.

Gordon

They have not taken responsibility she keeps screaming about it being a scam and that it's all their fault and really there are 2 sides to every story who knows what her and her husband did or said in their drunken stupor for the staff to act the way they did I mean I have been on my fair share of cruises and I have never seen the staff act rude towards guests even when the guests are being total a$$holes so my guess is that they were drunk and being rude to cause such action from the staff

They have not taken responsibility she keeps screaming about it being a scam and that it's all their fault and really there are 2 sides to every story who knows what her and her husband did or said in their drunken stupor for the staff to act the way they did I mean I have been on my fair share of cruises and I have never seen the staff act rude towards guests even when the guests are being total a$$holes so my guess is that they were drunk and being rude to cause such action from the staff

Exactly.

Just decided to book a last minute cruise for Friday on the Celebration - I love that I can book a 2 day and be back before the school week starts again - Anyways if you need to know anything please post here and I will try my best to figure it out for you

Wow, this post got off track, I could give you some thought but it appears you have sailed so have a great time. Please report back to us about your trip.

Wow, this post got off track, I could give you some thought but it appears you have sailed so have a great time. Please report back to us about your trip.

I have not left yet I ended up switching it to Tuesday because I thought it was going to interfere with other plans which ended up getting canceled because of the rain LOL

Anyways it did get off track looking forward to my trip and of course I will post back

I did not realize they would let you switch sailings-that is good to know. We did a weekday sailing and the ship was only half full. That made several thing more enjoyable. There was no assigned dining times, no charge for comedy show and you could get into the pools, but they cancelled bingo and a few other events due to lack of participation. On thing ship we found the crew very friendly. The entertainment was very good with a variety of entertainers. On the afternoon of the second day, there was happy hour with half price prices. Many people bought several drinks for later that evening. Overall we had not complaints about the ship, well except that it had a list while docked but that was because the ship does not have stabilizers like more recent ships.

I hope you have fun.

I did not realize they would let you switch sailings-that is good to know. We did a weekday sailing and the ship was only half full. That made several thing more enjoyable. There was no assigned dining times, no charge for comedy show and you could get into the pools, but they cancelled bingo and a few other events due to lack of participation. On thing ship we found the crew very friendly. The entertainment was very good with a variety of entertainers. On the afternoon of the second day, there was happy hour with half price prices. Many people bought several drinks for later that evening. Overall we had not complaints about the ship, well except that it had a list while docked but that was because the ship does not have stabilizers like more recent ships.

I hope you have fun.

Normally if you want to switch its $25 per person but I called a hour after I booked and the lady talked to the manager and they agreed to switch me without fee since I just booked turned out good because I got a $40 refund which she applied to my gratuities so I only owed $11 and some change for gratuities

I hope this weekday sailing is like yours last time we were on the boat we did not go to the comedy show as I don't feel the need to pay to see a show that I can see for free on any other boat

Posted (edited)

Back to your original question....

I have questions - but, only if you happen to encounter these, don't go out of your way!!

1) what time does the little junkanoo "parade" start at the aft pool deck?

2) does the sports bar have Fox Sports channel?

3) when you are on the ship in Freeport, does your phone connect to Bahamas cellular, or stay trying to connect to ship? I cannot recall at all what happens...

Thank you!

Edited by Bibble

I'm just saying some people on this ship are having a great laugh about the dummy who came with expired license LOL

Did the Celebration bout a year ago. Can't remember how we got are dining assignment. No one asked when made res. Wanting anytime. Thanks. Oh by the way, on Classica 5/29.

I'm just saying some people on this ship are having a great laugh about the dummy who came with expired license LOL

And not to be judgemental, but complaining that the cruise line got them drunk (then forced them off the boat) with two drinks.

Back to your original question....

I have questions - but, only if you happen to encounter these, don't go out of your way!!

1) what time does the little junkanoo "parade" start at the aft pool deck?

2) does the sports bar have Fox Sports channel?

3) when you are on the ship in Freeport, does your phone connect to Bahamas cellular, or stay trying to connect to ship? I cannot recall at all what happens...

Thank you!

1. I did not see anything about a parade (Gonna post the celebration times on another thread)

2. No Fox Sports Channel

3. I did not try connecting as I had it on airplane mode so not really sure

1. I did not see anything about a parade (Gonna post the celebration times on another thread)

2. No Fox Sports Channel

3. I did not try connecting as I had it on airplane mode so not really sure

Thanks so much!

First I have been on this boat before and never had an issue nor has anyone else that I have known - time share presentations is a choice that you make its not forced

Second this sounds like it was your fault to begin with - You should have not tried getting on the ship with an expired license - This is YOUR fault not the ship's fault they can't control the fact that you decided to try and get on the ship and leave the company with invalid identification - granted they should not have let you on the ship to begin with but perhaps they were trying to be nice and let you get on but then they realized they could get in trouble who knows why they let you on the ship either way in the future i strongly suggest that you have proper identification before trying to get on a cruise ship

EXACTLY!!! Please act like adults by finding out what documentation you need to travel outside of the US. Silly people...