Aqualina or Prime C?

kjbacon

Which one do you prefer and why? I’ve read the menu from each and both look fabulous!

Both are equally good. Really depends on the type of foods you like. Check out the menus and pick the one with your favorite foods or go to both.

Kjbacon ...Go to both! They do a three night specialty restaurant deal where you can do a night in each restaurant and then choose a Chef's Table or another night in Aqualina or Prime C. It's good value....think it's €90 but I could be mistaken. If I am then I know someone will correct me.

My favourites are the Filet Mignon in Prime C and the Lobster Ravioli and Dover Sole in Aqualina. Don't miss one of the sensational dessert Soufflés either. I still love the Grand Marnier one but the Limoncello Soufflé is lovely as well.

Can't wait to be eating all that lovely food again on Quest in June.

Hope you have a lovely time on Journey.

Kjbacon ...Go to both! They do a three night specialty restaurant deal where you can do a night in each restaurant and then choose a Chef's Table or another night in Aqualina or Prime C. It's good value....think it's €90 but I could be mistaken. If I am then I know someone will correct me.

My favourites are the Filet Mignon in Prime C and the Lobster Ravioli and Dover Sole in Aqualina. Don't miss one of the sensational dessert Soufflés either. I still love the Grand Marnier one but the Limoncello Soufflé is lovely as well.

Can't wait to be eating all that lovely food again on Quest in June.

Hope you have a lovely time on Journey.

I agree Lottie but a word of warning. I did not post this info after our Journey cruises (felt it would seem like an “and another thing” negative) they were not serving Dover sole. If the waiter remembered they would tell you, they were serving the cheaper substitute Lemon Sole which is not remotely in the same league to Dover Sole for my taste buds. It’s a flakier texture as well and being thinner can go dry quickly

The reason given was supply issues, I hope it was and not a change for cost reasons.

To the OP - There are now special appetisers, entrees and desserts each day in both restaurants- make sure your waiter tells you about them, some forget in our recent experience- they were often the best dishes of the day

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you love food don’t miss the chef’s tables! We’ve gone to all three on every cruise. Just amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First I’ve heard of this! Thank you! We will definitely plan for this too.

And, anymore info on the Chef’s Table would be most welcome. The website says there are 3 menus and it says there are 4 menus. There’s a new Cuban one, is it a standard or was it a special?

We love great wines so any feedback on the wine would be great, thank you.

And, anymore info on the Chef’s Table would be most welcome. The website says there are 3 menus and it says there are 4 menus. There’s a new Cuban one, is it a standard or was it a special?

We love great wines so any feedback on the wine would be great, thank you.

Actually five menus were offered on our last cruise - there was a Cuban and an Arabian. All our fantastic and special, exactly what is offered will depend on how long the cruise is (longer cruises have more offered) and demand in the early days. On a ten day cruise, I could only do 2, they are very substantial events and two other nights are spoken for (Azamazing and White Nights) and I am always on a long trip one day that is not back in time - the Chefs Table usually starts at 1830 to fit in with the Chefs hours

If you haven’t looked at the main three yet, use the search function on the Azamara website and search for chef’s table menus. The wines they pair with the courses have always been wonderful!

If you haven’t looked at the main three yet, use the search function on the Azamara website and search for chef’s table menus. The wines they pair with the courses have always been wonderful!

I did find that on line, thank you. They showed the 3 menu choices. The Chef’s Table on Viking was our favorite dining venue so we are all in on this! We are doing a 12 night Baltic itinerary so I wonder if one of those themes might be featured (caviar and ice cold vodka maybe)! 6:30 is a perfect time for us, we are on an early schedule. Thank you so much for all your help.

I did find that on line, thank you. They showed the 3 menu choices. The Chef’s Table on Viking was our favorite dining venue so we are all in on this! We are doing a 12 night Baltic itinerary so I wonder if one of those themes might be featured (caviar and ice cold vodka maybe)! 6:30 is a perfect time for us, we are on an early schedule. Thank you so much for all your help.

No its highly unlikely another version will be rolled out, they have to do a lot of testing etc however you can in any event to caviar and vodka tasting onboard, just ask the Speciality Restaurant Manager for time, date pricing options etc

Ok, so it’s 5 rotating menus: French, Italian, Californian, Cuban, and Arabian. They all sound great but I think doing all 5 might be over the top! Plus, we have the Indian Buffet, White Night, Azamazing Evening, Indonesian Rice Table, and unlimited specialty restaurants along with other buffets, the Patio and the main dining room.

Help! Which Chef Table was your fave or your least fave?

Ok, so it’s 5 rotating menus: French, Italian, Californian, Cuban, and Arabian. They all sound great but I think doing all 5 might be over the top! Plus, we have the Indian Buffet, White Night, Azamazing Evening, Indonesian Rice Table, and unlimited specialty restaurants along with other buffets, the Patio and the main dining room.

Help! Which Chef Table was your fave or your least fave?

I have done 4 of these. They tried Chinese one year and now they have Arabian. i loved the French and then the Cuban. The American one for me is boring. Yet, many Americans love it. reasons are the starters or desserts more than the mains. I also like French wine and not CA wines. For the Cuban most wines were either S or N America.

I did enjoy the Rice table- way to much food. they made 3 times the amount of food for a group of 8. the fried food fills you up. lots of non fried too. so much food.

I doubt you will see the MDR if you plan on all these other meals plus eating in port. You left that out. some people -like me- enjoy eating out and others do not want to spend the money.

We usually don’t find ourselves in the MDR in cruises. We tend to prefer specialty dining and a good buffet. Since we are early birds, we are more likely to have lunch in port rather than dinner.

I found a menu for the Cuban Chef’s table and the other 3 menus are on the website. Does anyone know what’s on the Arabian menu?

Ha! Sounds like we are both Viking cruisers trying Azamara. And I am always an enthusiastic participant in any food discussion

My problem with Chefs Table menus is finding one that has food my husband will eat. He’s mostly a steak guy who is not adventurous at all. On our recent Viking cruise, I ended up missing the seafood night for the Chefs Table because we actually found a menu with items he would eat!

I’ll have to see if there is a Chefs Table menu he would like on our Azamara cruise. I’m assuming this is extra and not included in the dining packages?

Ha! Sounds like we are both Viking cruisers trying Azamara. And I am always an enthusiastic participant in any food discussion

My problem with Chefs Table menus is finding one that has food my husband will eat. He’s mostly a steak guy who is not adventurous at all. On our recent Viking cruise, I ended up missing the seafood night for the Chefs Table because we actually found a menu with items he would eat!

I’ll have to see if there is a Chefs Table menu he would like on our Azamara cruise. I’m assuming this is extra and not included in the dining packages?

It would have been great if we were sailing together! Sounds like we would hit it off. From what I understand, the Chef’s Table is $95 per person, no matter what.

There are some dining packages that include the Chefs Table. They all save a little on the cost of booking each separately. Here’s a link to the PDF https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/sites/default/files/pdfs/specialty_dining_flyer_070516.pdf

You can’t buy a dining package until you get onboard.

• 10 months later...

Hello,

Found this thread researching for our first Azamara cruise. 

We are on a 13-nt cruise in December, and plan on 3-4 dinners in Speciality restaurants.  If, however, we only do 3 (we have friends in the MDR), we are thinking after reading this of probate 2 Prime C and 1 Aqualina.

Can anyone still subscribing to this thread (are you still around? lol) offer comment on policy regarding advance booking?  We are in a suite, and I only mention that as Spec Dining is included in the fare.  However, I understand that RESERVATIONS cannot be made until after boarding.  Comment on this welcomed, please 🙂

Cheers,

Bob