Aqualina or Prime C?

kjbacon

You’re right, you can’t book until you get onboard. If you are in a suite your butler can make your reservations for you if you want. However you won’t meet your butler until after you can get into your cabin, so if you have particular nights and times you want, you may find it better to sort your bookings out as soon as you get onboard. There is always a reservation table inside the main entrance to Windows buffet in Deck 9. They will know what night is White Night too, if you want to avoid making a booking for that night.

You probably also want to avoid the Azamazing evening.

Do not worry if you decide you want more bookings after you have made your first reservations, your butler can sort it out, if they can fit you in they will do so even on the day

2 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

You’re right, you can’t book until you get onboard. If you are in a suite your butler can make your reservations for you if you want. However you won’t meet your butler until after you can get into your cabin, so if you have particular nights and times you want, you may find it better to sort your bookings out as soon as you get onboard. There is always a reservation table inside the main entrance to Windows buffet in Deck 9. They will know what night is White Night too, if you want to avoid making a booking for that night.

Thank you :)

Just now, uktog said:

You probably also want to avoid the Azamazing evening.

Do not worry if you decide you want more bookings after you have made your first reservations, your butler can sort it out, if they can fit you in they will do so even on the day

Thank you.

My thought about the Az evening (It is Day 2 in Montevideo), was going to the Spec Rest as I felt (please offer your opinion) that a lot of people would be crowding, potentially, the MDR early to be ready for that night.

Also, Grandma/Uktog, others.. please remember to quote rather that start a new post.  Makes things much tidier in which to follow 🙂

Edited by bob221b1

There is a table where you can book right after boarding.  Ask where it is.

With 24 hours notice you can order a veal chop in either specialty restaurant.  Likely skate wing, as well.  Don't be shy about mixing up the menu in Aqualina.  Lobster ravioli is listed as a starter but I often ask for it as a main course. If you like the sauce on a pasta but the menu doesn't include a lobster tail on it, just ask for one.  Or add grilled shrimp to the pasta that shows with lobster.

Just received a email advertising the speciality packages, it seems that you can now purchase a 4 nights package 2 in each restaurant in addition to the 3 nights

Also if you do not cancel a booking in good time a charge will apply, Is this new?, I had not seen it before.

Edited by Bloodaxe

To be honest you can get any combination you want, you just have to ask one of the restaurant managers.  We have done a 4 night package before but set it up as 3 in one restaurant and 1 in the other - we were prepared to be flexible on days and times

4 minutes ago, uktog said:

To be honest you can get any combination you want, you just have to ask one of the restaurant managers.  We have done a 4 night package before but set it up as 3 in one restaurant and 1 in the other - we were prepared to be flexible on days and times

We have done that also but it is the first time I have seen the 4 nights advertised and I was not aware of the late cancellation charges.

Edited by Bloodaxe

4 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

We have done that also but it is the first time I have seen the 4 nights advertised and I was not aware of the late cancellation charges.

I have just seen that - that is new!  ($15 if you fail to cancel by noon).  We have had to cancel late due to land discoveries coming back late one time and someone not feeling so clever another time, hope circumstances and a bit of common sense onboard will allow charges to be waived in some situations.  I was not aware no shows were a major issue

22 hours ago, bob221b1 said:

Also, Grandma/Uktog, others.. please remember to quote rather that start a new post.  Makes things much tidier in which to follow 🙂

Sorry, but that doesn't come across as very grateful to the posters trying to help you out here.  Seeing as you resurrected this near year old thread it is obvious who the replies were aimed at. 

Phil 

• Like 1

I will be celebrating my birthday (a milestone one) on the day that we embark. Is it relatively easy to  get a table for two for in one of the specialty restaurants for that first evening once we are onboard? - no butler 🙂

Edited by snowglobe

Yes it is, first nights are usually quite quiet, go to the table at the entrance to Windows when you board and you will be able to make a booking with the staff there

26 minutes ago, uktog said:

Yes it is, first nights are usually quite quiet, go to the table at the entrance to Windows when you board and you will be able to make a booking with the staff there

Thank you very much!

For me it’s Prime C, I am not a fish or sea food lover, but we go to both my husband love seafood.  Every time i go, i never know what to eat lol. So i take the lobster tail. eat two bites and give it to my husband, that’s the most i can do and a desert. 

We like prime C more than Aquilina.  At the end of a 14 night cruise, we wanted to eat again in Prime C.  Alas, it was fully booked.  Our butler got us a reservation in Prime C and told us to order from either menu.  Same kitchen.  We have done the same thing on Oceania.  Toscana and Polo are in the same location on Oceania R ships.  We wanted to dine in Polo.  It was full. We went to Toscana and several people at our table cross ordered from both restaurants.  It makes people happy.

Thank you for the trick, last cruise we never ate physically at Discoveries (we order twice from Our fantastic butler Roy and had diner on the balcony, other nights we ate 5 times Prime C and twice  Aqualina, not because the food is not good at Discoveries but for the smaller restaurant, less people, it can be a little noisy in the dining room.