A must in Havana. Best tour ever!

Wanderlust1981

9 hours ago, Wideross said:

How could you send a deposit to Cuba?

We sent the deposit by paypal to their manager Stefano who is based in Florida.

They also proposed us to send a bank transfer to a US account, even online through something called Zelle,  but as we live in Sweden it was easier to use paypal.

It was really easy and few minutes after sending the deposit we received the invoice with all the other details about our tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been chatting on whatsapp with Stefano ( Havanacar manager)  this morning and he told me that they had to change the name of their agency on Tripadvisor from Havanacar to Hc tours Havana as many people were confusing Havanacar with Grancar which is a logo  all the classic cars with the license to work with tourists must have on both sides.

And for this reason they were getting many feedbacks  from people who did not use their services.

So the only way to stop this was changing the name.

So from now on if you want to read reviews about Havanacar on Tripadvisor  you should look for Hc tours Havana.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 1:55 AM, IsaSweden69 said:

I have been chatting on whatsapp with Stefano ( Havanacar manager)  this morning and he told me that they had to change the name of their agency on Tripadvisor from Havanacar to Hc tours Havana as many people were confusing Havanacar with Grancar which is a logo  all the classic cars with the license to work with tourists must have on both sides.

And for this reason they were getting many feedbacks  from people who did not use their services.

So the only way to stop this was changing the name.

So from now on if you want to read reviews about Havanacar on Tripadvisor  you should look for Hc tours Havana.

Could y

Au contraire RJB,  many are still traveling to Cuba.  We are a group of 13 traveling from the U.S. in November and I use this forum for information.  I hope those who visit or have visited Cuba will still read this forum and contribute.  Thanks to everyone who helps all of us plan our trip.  Cherie   

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 12:36 AM, cccole said:

Au contraire RJB,  many are still traveling to Cuba.  We are a group of 13 traveling from the U.S. in November and I use this forum for information.  I hope those who visit or have visited Cuba will still read this forum and contribute.  Thanks to everyone who helps all of us plan our trip.  Cherie   

www.havanacar.net

You can contact Stefano from the website or at havanacarcuba@gmail.com. He will reply you very quickly. If you are looking for someone to help you with a trip in Cuba...he is the guy !

Enjoy your Holiday in Cuba😉

On 7/7/2019 at 4:55 AM, IsaSweden69 said:

www.havanacar.net

You can contact Stefano from the website or at havanacarcuba@gmail.com. He will reply you very quickly. If you are looking for someone to help you with a trip in Cuba...he is the guy !

Enjoy your Holiday in Cuba😉

Completely agree!  Stefano is great to work with!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 8:01 AM, kcbookworm said:

Completely agree!  Stefano is great to work with!

If you can go the best guide company is Fer Tours.   Fernando runs it and is wonderful.  Anything you need he will do.  His best guide ( I think) is Jimmy.    Try it, you will like it.   Good luck and good trip.

2 hours ago, RJB said:

If you can go the best guide company is Fer Tours.   Fernando runs it and is wonderful.  Anything you need he will do.  His best guide ( I think) is Jimmy.    Try it, you will like it.   Good luck and good trip.

You quoted me ... but I was endorsing www.havanacar.net  ... We already went in April and had a great experience with Havana Car - I have no knowledge of Fer Tours.

On 7/29/2019 at 11:45 AM, kcbookworm said:

You quoted me ... but I was endorsing www.havanacar.net  ... We already went in April and had a great experience with Havana Car - I have no knowledge of Fer Tours.

Yes I did.   For us the best was Fer Tours.  But each to his own.  I am sure you are very happy with what you did so it is good we are all satisfied with our outcome.  Too bad that it has come to an end at least for cruise people. 

On 7/4/2019 at 4:36 PM, cccole said:

We also used this forum for some useful information.  Just got back from a week in Havana and loved it and cant wait to go back and explore the rest of the country.  Some highlights for tours were a tour Revolution tour including the museum, the boat that the Castros, Che, and others came over from Mexico on and Revolutionary Square.  Also, a walking tour through old Havana with a local and his mother who use to give him the same tour as a child telling him the history of each area.

On 8/8/2019 at 7:03 AM, originolsin said:

We also used this forum for some useful information.  Just got back from a week in Havana and loved it and cant wait to go back and explore the rest of the country.  Some highlights for tours were a tour Revolution tour including the museum, the boat that the Castros, Che, and others came over from Mexico on and Revolutionary Square.  Also, a walking tour through old Havana with a local and his mother who use to give him the same tour as a child telling him the history of each area.

Thank you sooooo much for this.  I had not heard of the Revolution tour, it sounds very interesting.  We have a walking tour and a classic car tour scheduled while in Havana and are then heading to Vinales for 2 days and then Playa Larga (Bay of Pigs) for 2 days.  I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your visit!!!  Cherie

23 hours ago, cccole said:

Thank you sooooo much for this.  I had not heard of the Revolution tour, it sounds very interesting.  We have a walking tour and a classic car tour scheduled while in Havana and are then heading to Vinales for 2 days and then Playa Larga (Bay of Pigs) for 2 days.  I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your visit!!!  Cherie

It is definitely worth a visit to the Museum, even if not on a tour.  The placards are in English and Spanish and the Museum is in Old Havana.  The building is the old Presidential mansion for Batista.  There are bullet holes in the marble walls from when the college students tried to uprise before the Revolution as we know it took place.  All of the students were killed and most of them as they were retreating, as they didnt get the roof top support they were counting on.  They have parts of a US plane they shot down during the Cuban Missile Crisis for violating their air space and it took the US 19 years to recover the body of the pilot because they denied it was one of theirs for that long.  Also, you have to remember this is from Fidels perspective, so there are many accounts where he claims the CIA either tried to kill him or engaged/promoted in acts of Terrorism on his people(we know the Bay of Pigs, but claims to many other incidents).  I personally took everything with a grain of salt because I am sure neither our Government nor theirs is going to tell us everything or the entire truth. 

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, cccole said:

originolsin,  I am sending this info to our group and I know that some will include a visit to the museum before or after our organized tours.  Thank you soooooooo much,  Cherie 

Forgot to mention the cost is 8 cuc per person.  The Capital building is 10 cuc per person and is neat, but dont think it is worth that much.  I had exchanged some cuc to cup at a bar and the cost for the Capital is 10cup for locals and residents, but couldnt convince the ticket lady that I was a resident.  Was able to find a local to purchase my tickets for me in cup and think that it was worth the equivalent of less than 50 cents to tour there for half an hour.  It isnt possible to get a local to buy your entrance into the Revolution museum because you purchase those right at the entrance.  Almost every where you go, if your purse is bigger than a lunch box, they will require you to check it(stores, museums).  Enjoy the trip and message me if you have any other questions. Cant wait to go back and explore more!