Regatta arrival San Francisco May 22

PM1225

730 am update - Regatta's tv information channel shows 120 miles remaining with a speed of 17 knots. We should be pretty close to the currently advertised arrival of 2 pm.

Thanks for the updates!

Are they making disembarking psssangers vacate their cabins?

Hopefully they have extra staff on hand to help people with rescheduling airline flights and other travel arrangements.

Kathy

730 am update - Regatta's tv information channel shows 120 miles remaining with a speed of 17 knots. We should be pretty close to the currently advertised arrival of 2 pm.[/quote

Any chat about engine repairs and future booked cruises on Regatta.

Surely you're joking. They don't really announce that type of thing on Oceania.

7 PM - we are just offshore of Oxnard, CA. We will be sailing through the Santa Barbara Channel at around sunset.

Winds and Seas have calmed but ships speed remains at 16 knots or below. I would expect a higher speed, but we don't seem to increasing speed?

All along, many passengers, myself included, have felt that we are not getting the full story.

Our butler indicated that new passengers were expected to board around 6 tomorrow. It looks like we'll have desert and (lifeboat) drill tomorrow.

I live on the Ocean in Oxnard I wish I would have known I could see the ship..

Jancruz1

730 am update - Regatta's tv information channel shows 120 miles remaining with a speed of 17 knots. We should be pretty close to the currently advertised arrival of 2 pm.[/quote

Are we dealing with west coast time or east coast time in these posts? Kind of gets confusing here.

Surely you're joking. They don't really announce that type of thing on Oceania.

No I am not joking. There are often passengers on board that hear chatter from the crew about such things. We will be on Regatta 3 weeks today - just trying to get some idea if the ship will be sailing still. Our Celebrity cruise was cancelled one time - I was not too surprised as I was following passengers blogs and knew the engines were in poor shape.

Thanks to all of you for your posts with updates! Looks like you are getting ready to go under Golden Gate Bridge--- how exciting! Hope we can do the same thing later today!

Are we dealing with west coast time or east coast time in these posts? Kind of gets confusing here.

The first post refers to "ship's time." Most ships adjust on-board time and clocks to the local tine through which they are sailing. Logical, no?:rolleyes:

Waiting to go onboard to start our Alaska cruise.

Sitting with all the other Oceania cruisers at the San Francisco cruise port. We are being told we may be able to start embarking at 600 or 630 pm.

Watching a taxi line of disembarking passengers that is over 70 people long.

Hopefully things will start to improve for everyone...it is 509 pm here now.

Disembarking started a little after 3, now at SFO. Sorry about the timing, but there was a submarine sighting. Enjoy Alaska, i did.

Its 7:00pm:mad:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE] local time

Edited by sitraveler
Add

Any new information on the ship’s condition? I was disappointed to see that you’re still sitting in San Francisco on Wednesday morning instead of steaming toward Alaska. Day One and already well behind schedule.

Any new information on the ship’s condition? I was disappointed to see that you’re still sitting in San Francisco on Wednesday morning instead of steaming toward Alaska. Day One and already well behind schedule.

Just talked to Oceania after reading your post. They are telling me the ship stayed in port over night due to bad weather north of San Francisco?????? Also that there have been no engine issues at all for many months and that missed ports and delays were for other reasons.

That sounds odd

We disembarked at 4 and the crew had to still do a deep clean before the new passengers were let on. I’d say weather had nothing to do with it and it was more the code red they had to deal with

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Giving your opinion is rather off putting to the people that read this..actually you know no positive reason why the ship did not leave, it definitely could be weather..people that have been on the ship the last few cruises have given glowing reports about Regatta..

Jancruz1

And I would have been one of them! It was a fabulous cruise from food to crew to fellow passengers. Yes there were some glitches but that happens. I was merely wondering how they would get a deep cleaning done in such a short time

Giving your opinion is rather off putting to the people that read this..actually you know no positive reason why the ship did not leave, it definitely could be weather..people that have been on the ship the last few cruises have given glowing reports about Regatta..

Jancruz1

Except the radar map for the West Coast shows clear sailing up to the Canadian border, so it is not the weather.

And I would have been one of them! It was a fabulous cruise from food to crew to fellow passengers. Yes there were some glitches but that happens. I was merely wondering how they would get a deep cleaning done in such a short time

Don't worry. You are perfectly entitled to give your opinion here. Plus, you were actually on the sailing so have an informed opinion.

I'm guessing the person that suggested that your opinion is not welcome isn't actually on the ship.

Giving your opinion is rather off putting to the people that read this..actually you know no positive reason why the ship did not leave, it definitely could be weather..

It's been miserable and foggy in SF the past couple of days, with a system moving in from the north, so yes, it is likely weather-related.

While a company can make up excuses involving opaque/internal reasons, it would be foolish to rely on weather conditions, which are easily and independently verifiable by outsiders...

Just talked to Oceania after reading your post. They are telling me the ship stayed in port over night due to bad weather north of San Francisco?????? Also that there have been no engine issues at all for many months and that missed ports and delays were for other reasons.

Who at Oceania? A customer service agent?