Cherbourg taxi firm to mont st Michel, Bayeux or Normandy beaches

Cruisingcouple22

Hi all,

Just got back from a mini cruise to Cherbourg. We wanted to visit Bayeux to see the tapestry so we hired a car, ended up costing about £45 pounds and then £20 I petrol.

On getting off the boat we saw this poster for a taxi tour, very reasonable prices!

5ff0966f2b0f9fc6de30d9a5688f3b75.jpgHaven’t used them before so maybe check them out on trip advisor/Facebook. But defiantly worth a look

Has anyone used them before?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 9 months later...
On 5/27/2018 at 9:09 PM, Cruisingcouple22 said:

Hi all,

Just got back from a mini cruise to Cherbourg. We wanted to visit Bayeux to see the tapestry so we hired a car, ended up costing about £45 pounds and then £20 I petrol.

On getting off the boat we saw this poster for a taxi tour, very reasonable prices!

5ff0966f2b0f9fc6de30d9a5688f3b75.jpgHaven’t used them before so maybe check them out on trip advisor/Facebook. But defiantly worth a look

Has anyone used them before?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for this post.  We'll be in Cherbourg in July and this is really helpful.

Did you happen to notice whether there were many of these taxis/cars around so that you can just pick one up at the port rather than book in advance?  I made enquiries from the company's website and they require full payment if you book on-line.  We prefer not to do this as we once got stung when people didn't turn up for an excursion we'd pre-paid on their behalf, making it a very expensive tour.

Thanks!

My reading of the poster, vaguely confirmed on their website, says a total of €280 (MSM) or €200 (D-Day beaches) for two or four people.

That's very different to approx €75 for a car plus fuel.

The advertiser doesn't say whether these are guided tours or simply vehicle plus driver, but climbing MSM is very long and steep and a guided group will walk at the pace of the slowest, and D-Day (they have a sensible itinerary for a 5-hour tour, though a slightly longer one would allow the inclusion of Pointe du Hoc) doesn't need a guide - there's plenty of  info and staff at the various sights.

I've no comparisons for the price of the tour (other than the likes of Overlord for an expensive but far superior D-Day tour), but I certainly don't rate the prices quoted as being particularly inexpensive.

Just MHO, as always.

JB :classic_smile: