No more RCCL :( Looking for a cruise line that cares about customer service!

What ever happened to Customer Service? I was such a fan of Royal Caribbean, but WOW have they disappointed me! They have treated us horribly and have shown such a complete and utter lack of customer service in the matter that I never want to cruise with them again! Long story short, they cancelled our cruise in order to charter the boat so they could “make a lot more money” (as I was told by the first Customer Service representative...embarrassing!) and are making zero effort to help remedy the situation (I was basically given scripted responses, and told that I was welcome to pick another date or another ship/port where I could pay more money!). In my frustration I told them I didn't want to do business with a company who cared to little about their customers, and asked about how I could look into cancelling anything else I had planned, and they cancelled ANOTHER cruise I had booked two cabins on without consent/confirmation, and now want more money to re-book! I cannot believe they would rather lose a customer than actually help address my concerns, but here we are. Anyway…can you tell me who I can cruise with that actually cares about customer service? I want us/our friends (who all now have to find a new cruise) to have a great experience! They were already very nervous at the idea of cruising (even though I know they are going to love it!). This will be a first cruise for them, and we were able to calm their fears by showing them video/pics from previous cruises,and answering questions they’ve had based on our previous cruises…but since we only know RCCL, I am not sure how to prepare them for whatever we find as a replacement. Please help me find something we will all love! This situation has not only made me sad and angry at Royal Caribbean, but it has soured our friends’ opinion of cruising altogether, and they are now very nervous to book anything :( Help me change their minds!

Sorry happened to you but nothing new. With cruise lines Charters happen. They then give you a very limited selection of other cruises at same rate. Unfortunately if want anything different you will have to pay the going rate. Good Luck, hope you find a new vacation....

Welcome to Cruist Critic and your first post. You can learn a lot on this site.

Your frustration and irritation plus a touch of overreacting comes through loud and clear.

I’ve had that happen to me with Royal Caribbean as well as other cruise lines. We just dealt with it and continued cruising with a positive attitude. Stuff like that does happen occasionally.

With time and experience you will realize that mega corporations are indeed out to make the most money possible...that’s life.

If RCI is so horrible, and you would never book RCI again, I am confused why you would ask for help from the RCI Board versus another board?

My fault, I moved the thread here from the "Need Help" forum. Probably should go on the "Ask a Cruise Question" forum.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I am not really understanding your post. You are stating that you asked the customer representative to cancel everything else you had planned, and then saying that they cancelled a cruise without your permission. Cancellations due to charters happen on most cruise lines and there are options offered to the passengers who have been cancelled. I'm also not sure why you have posted on a Royal Caribbean board to ask for suggestions on a cruise line that you will love.

I'm sorry you are disappointed. Why don't you research some of the other cruise lines and discuss the options with your friends. If they decide not to cruise, leave them be. It's not up to you to change their minds.

It wasn't so much the cancellation, it was their response/options offered (there's much more to the situation, this change is costing me a lot of money and ruined an adjoining vacation... I just didn't write the whole scenario because let's face it, no one cares). And I did not ask them to cancel my other cruise, I mentioned how disappointed I was and that I wondered what the process would be for me to cancel if I chose to do so. After a week of no contact I got a message that they had cancelled everything. I wrote back and explain that I never asked them to cancel and did not want this cancelled yet, as it affects another group of people that I needed to include in the decision, and the only response I received came today, basically saying sorry you're disappointed, hope you like your next Cruise Line better. Not very professional or considerate in my opinion. It sounds like I can expect this type of service from every line according to what some of you are saying, which is really disappointing. I was hoping to find something very similar to RC price/ amenity-wise, but with a better track record. I thought this might be a good place to get some help.

I guess I'm just surprised if they're going to cancel someone's vacation they wouldn't offer them anything comprable. They offered nothing during the same time frame, same port, or same ship. Unfortunately due to extenuating circumstances regarding these friends and this trip I don't have the luxury of choosing another time, or port (and didn't like any of the ship options, but could have gotten over that if the time/location aligned).

And honestly as I said previously my main frustration lies with the way they handled it. If they can't help me they can't help me but there's a better way to go about it then just "sorry about your luck...don't let the door hit you on the way out." I'm a business owner, and I guess I value new customers and previous customer loyalty more than this. All businesses are there to make money, but customers make it possible.

quote=ONECRUISER;56182808]Sorry happened to you but nothing new. With cruise lines Charters happen. They then give you a very limited selection of other cruises at same rate. Unfortunately if want anything different you will have to pay the going rate. Good Luck, hope you find a new vacation....

Thank you, I was wondering about Princess specifically.

We only did a princess cruise once many years ago and had several issues and never went back. (Boarding issues and dining issues ...this was a long time ago.) we’d be willing to try again but my kids enjoy Royal’s ships and we like the perks we now get with Royal.

I know you want to stay in the RCCL price point but if you can swing it try Disney Cruise Line! They have AMAZING customer service and really value your feed back and try to do everything they can to make you happy! Even if you don’t have kids it’s awesome for adults only!

What ever happened to Customer Service? I was such a fan of Royal Caribbean, but WOW have they disappointed me! They have treated us horribly and have shown such a complete and utter lack of customer service in the matter that I never want to cruise with them again! Long story short, they cancelled our cruise in order to charter the boat so they could “make a lot more money” (as I was told by the first Customer Service representative...embarrassing!) and are making zero effort to help remedy the situation (I was basically given scripted responses, and told that I was welcome to pick another date or another ship/port where I could pay more money!). In my frustration I told them I didn't want to do business with a company who cared to little about their customers, and asked about how I could look into cancelling anything else I had planned, and they cancelled ANOTHER cruise I had booked two cabins on without consent/confirmation, and now want more money to re-book! I cannot believe they would rather lose a customer than actually help address my concerns, but here we are. Anyway…can you tell me who I can cruise with that actually cares about customer service? I want us/our friends (who all now have to find a new cruise) to have a great experience! They were already very nervous at the idea of cruising (even though I know they are going to love it!). This will be a first cruise for them, and we were able to calm their fears by showing them video/pics from previous cruises,and answering questions they’ve had based on our previous cruises…but since we only know RCCL, I am not sure how to prepare them for whatever we find as a replacement. Please help me find something we will all love! This situation has not only made me sad and angry at Royal Caribbean, but it has soured our friends’ opinion of cruising altogether, and they are now very nervous to book anything :( Help me change their minds!

You TOLD RCCL you have no desire to do business with them and to CANCEL anything you had planned with them. RCCL did so. What is the problem?

You are not the first or last person who has had a cruise cancelled by the Cruise Line in favor of a very lucrative charter. RCCL, NCL, Carnival, Celebrity, Princess, etc. are ALL FOR profit companies. They are not charities or non-profits.

Did RCCL refund all of your money for the cruise(s) they cancelled? If you are not out any money, take your funds elsewhere and enjoy a cruise.

Not to mention that every cruise line charters ships and they all treat you the same way.

JC

What do/did you tell your son/daughter when she/he say/said, "everyone else does it"?