What do you do for breakfast the morning of leaving home?

Starting the drive to the Port from my home or flying to the Port, OJ, Toast, and Coffee is what I am most likely to have.

On the morning of Embarkation, I probably would be at my hotel.  The simplest breakfast possible that would include OJ or fruit, Coffee, and a Croissant or Danish of some type.  (The hotel makes $$ on me when I have to order a Continental Breakfast on their Buffet.)  I do not usually have lunch, but I know I will do so after I embark, so I want to leave room in the tummy for a good lunch.  

• 8 months later...

If I am flying to the port city, I have a bacon and egg breakfast at the Bread Garden in the airport. If I'm driving to the port city, I drive through Starbucks: 3 vanilla bean mini scones and a venti Americano, no room! It's the same travel ritual I have for every vacation/business trip. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I have a vacation tradition, we clean the house top to bottom before we leave, including all the laundry, so that we can relax when we come home.  So on the day we leave, we go out for breakfast, maybe at the airport, so we don't dirty any dishes.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AlanRRT said:

My wife and I have a vacation tradition, we clean the house top to bottom before we leave, including all the laundry, so that we can relax when we come home.  So on the day we leave, we go out for breakfast, maybe at the airport, so we don't dirty any dishes.

I like your plan.  Psychologically, it makes excellent sense and when I have done the same, I feel much satisfaction when I close and lock the door on my condo when I leave for a trip.  

When I have returned, though, even though the condo is "buttoned up tight", d-u-s-t has somehow appeared.  

Recently, have I been known to leave a few dishes in my dishwasher on that last morning to be cleaned when I return?  Yes.  I clean them off before I put them in the racks.  Just as the "dust" will be, they will also be waiting for me when I return.  As a retired senior citizen, "manana" becomes a favorite word in some circumstances.     

• 6 months later...

I live in FL and have only sailed out of ports here in our state 

if we sail from Tampa, I do nothing because it’s right over the bridge and we get on to have a late lunch 

if any of the other ports and we’re sailing with my folks, they like to go to Cracker Barrel — I don’t really care one way or another … I just wanna be on the ship as early as I can 

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2022 at 9:41 PM, Cigar City Nole said:

I live in FL and have only sailed out of ports here in our state 

I think where/what one may have for breakfast on this morning depends on where one lives.  Your post rather confirms that for me.

Flying to a port?  What time does one need to be at the airport?  Driving to a port?  When does one need to leave home?  The time needed to depart would influence me as to what I have for breakfast that morning.  

Arriving a day early for a cruise with an overnight hotel stay, my breakfast would be a continental type.  Why?  I want to be able to enjoy a nice embarkation lunch when I am onboard.