Blu menus

GeorgesGal

I notice all the cocktails are an up charge unless you have the premium drink package.

Can you obtain regular cocktails within the classic drink package in Blu? Such as shown below.

Suezi-4895.jpg

I looked at those links and I think the menus look quite similar to all the times we've been in Blu - almost identical, in fact. Not sure of what "cuts" you are seeing?

One thing I did notice was that they now put the big dinner main course salad with the entrees - it used to be all by itself in a separate category, and I think a lot of people overlooked it. I actually tried several of them, towards the end of a cruise I just got sooo sick of big meals, that they were perfect - great flavor, but lighter. I think listing them with the other entrees will put them on more people's radar.

I notice all the cocktails are an up charge unless you have the premium drink package.

Can you obtain regular cocktails within the classic drink package in Blu? Such as shown below.

Suezi-4895.jpg

Yes, and the picture shows only the included drinks of the Standard Package - which is below the Classic Package.

Yes, and the picture shows only the included drinks of the Standard Package - which is below the Classic Package.

Sorry I am confused. So there are 3 packages? I couldn't see anything but this package and the premium package. Any chance that the standard and classic are the same?

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing in Aqua class on the Equinox on the 28th of July. I have been following menus on the Celebrity App. We sailed in a regular cabin last summer and I loved the food in the MDR and we got our Aqua cabin for an amazing price this summer. Anyway I do not eat pork, tuna, lamb or duck. And I only eat most fish in moderation. I also have to limit my corn intake. I am noticing a very limited selection of food I will am able to eat , or choose to eat. I typically live off of chicken and beef at home with the occasional seafood or salmon and a pasta dish. However I am seeing that the chicken and salmon dishes are all roasted and not the kind of flavored dishes I am used to, and the steak appears to be the very basic steak. Worried I am going to be disappointed by blu and end up eating in the buffet the whole trip. I usually get a cesar salad, shrimp cocktail and a seafood or beef/chicken entree every night and use pasta with marinara as a backup. I have to be very careful about what I eat due to a chronic pain condition, I unfortunately have a lot of food triggers which will cause pain flares. Should I be worried about food? I have cruised successfully many times on many lines and this is the first time I am worried.

We are sailing in Aqua class on the Equinox on the 28th of July. I have been following menus on the Celebrity App. We sailed in a regular cabin last summer and I loved the food in the MDR and we got our Aqua cabin for an amazing price this summer. Anyway I do not eat pork, tuna, lamb or duck. And I only eat most fish in moderation. I also have to limit my corn intake. I am noticing a very limited selection of food I will am able to eat , or choose to eat. I typically live off of chicken and beef at home with the occasional seafood or salmon and a pasta dish. However I am seeing that the chicken and salmon dishes are all roasted and not the kind of flavored dishes I am used to, and the steak appears to be the very basic steak. Worried I am going to be disappointed by blu and end up eating in the buffet the whole trip. I usually get a cesar salad, shrimp cocktail and a seafood or beef/chicken entree every night and use pasta with marinara as a backup. I have to be very careful about what I eat due to a chronic pain condition, I unfortunately have a lot of food triggers which will cause pain flares. Should I be worried about food? I have cruised successfully many times on many lines and this is the first time I am worried.

I'm a bit confused, did you not check Blu prior to booking Aqua class? My recommendation is quite simple, contact special needs department and have them work with you on specifics.

I'm a bit confused, did you not check Blu prior to booking Aqua class? My recommendation is quite simple, contact special needs department and have them work with you on specifics.

My mom handled the booking and my cousin had been in Aqua class last year and is extremely picky and raved about it. Since I am a teacher and I am super busy during the school year I didn't really look into the menu until after school ended this week. I just knew it was touted as being healthy and lighter far so I thought it would be closer to what I eat on a daily basis. At home I typically eat mostly organic and primarily meat (chicken, beef and seafood) and vegetables with pasta once a week or so. Since my condition typically does not limit diet, and is just what I notice causes pain problems no one will work with me. I will just let my mom eat and then go to the buffet if I cannot deal with the daily steak or chicken.

Sorry I am confused. So there are 3 packages? I couldn't see anything but this package and the premium package. Any chance that the standard and classic are the same?

This link will take you to a nice summary of the 3 packages:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/04_25_OB_SP_BeveragePackageBrochure-V2.051518.pdf

My mom handled the booking and my cousin had been in Aqua class last year and is extremely picky and raved about it. Since I am a teacher and I am super busy during the school year I didn't really look into the menu until after school ended this week. I just knew it was touted as being healthy and lighter far so I thought it would be closer to what I eat on a daily basis. At home I typically eat mostly organic and primarily meat (chicken, beef and seafood) and vegetables with pasta once a week or so. Since my condition typically does not limit diet, and is just what I notice causes pain problems no one will work with me. I will just let my mom eat and then go to the buffet if I cannot deal with the daily steak or chicken.

It sounds as if you already have a sour taste in your mouth. Please voice your concerns with your wait staff or with other staff members and allow them to take care of your special needs. Go into it with the right attitude and you might just be blown away with someone trying to make your travels extraordinary.

It sounds as if you already have a sour taste in your mouth. Please voice your concerns with your wait staff or with other staff members and allow them to take care of your special needs. Go into it with the right attitude and you might just be blown away with someone trying to make your travels extraordinary.

Believe me I do not have a sour taste in my mouth, I have been looking forward to getting away since February, and this is putting a large twist in my plans. We actually looked into downgrading into a regular balcony cabin this afternoon and there are not available so there is no option but to keep our cabin. I would just prefer not to spend one of my 3 weeks of vacation time (and my only one where I am traveling) in bed, in pain, unable to enjoy, I am sure you understand. Please realize that I am not worried about a small amount of pain, but debilitating pain that keeps me in bed, causes nausea, vertigo and numbness. I will be traveling with multiple medications to combat it as a preventative, but I can never be to careful, and I have never had an issue in my 15 previous cruises. Every time I go out to eat, on land or at see I need to examine a menu and make sure there are multiple options of what I am going to be able to eat, just incase one option is unavailable. This is just part of my life, and I accept it. I am just worried because the menu seems very slanted towards things I am unable to eat. In the past special needs has been little help so I no longer chose to contact them. I will ask the waiters and others in Blu if they can accommodate If not I fully plan to enjoy myself eating an appetizer (which there are a few every evening I can eat with a small accommodation to some) and then letting my mom finish dinner, having desert and then trying to sneak up to the buffet later in the evening! I am expecting nothing less than excellent food, as our food last summer was nothing less than wonderful in the MDR and my cousins raved about Blu a year or so ago. However, I was just hoping to find more than roasted chicken or the basic steak that I can eat on most evenings.

I sailed in Aqua Class about 2 years ago and my diet is no egg, no dairy and no wheat. Blu was able to handle my dietary needs without any problems. Each day, I was given the next day's menu and I could select most things on the menu. The chef was able to alter the meal to my needs, including some excellent desserts.

Talk to Celebrity before hand and you should be fine.

Have a great trip.

I sailed in Aqua Class about 2 years ago and my diet is no egg, no dairy and no wheat. Blu was able to handle my dietary needs without any problems. Each day, I was given the next day's menu and I could select most things on the menu. The chef was able to alter the meal to my needs, including some excellent desserts.

Talk to Celebrity before hand and you should be fine.

Have a great trip.

I saw that happening also - you can review the menu the night before if you have special dietary requirements, preorder , and they will cook the courses to suit your limitations.

Superb service in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone X using Forums

A huge advantage in Blu is that the food is not mass produced the way it is in the dining room so it's easy to make simple changes on the fly as the food is ordered. However, for people with more complex food sensitivities or preferences, the Maitre D' will chat with them each day regarding the next evening's menu and how to best serve their needs. I have seen people order things that are not on any of the ship's menus, they just ordered a day in advance so they could be served promptly each evening.

It also might be worth the bother of stopping by Blu after boarding to discuss any concerns. The first evening in Blu can be very hectic.

We have been in Aqua Class twice, and will be going to Alaska next month, also on Aqua Class. Keep in mind, that you can always go to the MDR if you prefer what they offer on a given day. Also, you can ask the Blu waiter to bring you a particular dish you would like from the MDR. The Blu staff is wonderful, and try to please. Love the fact that you can show up anytime you like, and there is no wait. We can always get a table for two, the dining room is small and quiet, and the service excellent.

I'm pretty sure that you will be able to access the menus for the week from your cabin TV, and if not, from the Blu maitre d'. Then you can scope out whether or not there will be too many repetitive nights for your taste or dietary requirements. The maitre d' will be able then to guide you as to what accomodations they can make.

There is always shrimp cocktail (only so-so to my palate, because the shrimp is flash frozen), Caesar salad (tasty and a generous portion) and a simply prepared steak and chicken. The thing they might not be able to do is pasta and marinara, although I wouldn't discount that, especially since I think Blu and Tuscan share a kitchen.

I have less restrictions than you listed, but I have a few odd picky things - don't eat eggs that are a "stand alone" ingredient - and there was only one night in Blu when I really didn't see anything I wanted. The soups, salads and apps are usually pretty good, and I can put together a meal from those.

Worse comes to worse, you can snack at Blu, then go up and snack again at the OVC - I found the food at the buffet to generally be very good, and the variety is such that it would be quite hard to not find something to eat, for even extensive dietary restrictions.

Food questions are hard to answer, but I don't think you should worry too much - there shouldn't be any more evening where you have to get creative with your choices than you would have in the MDR.