I didn't know the Musher Camp Dog Sled tour fills up so fast

jekajada

We are doing Alaska out of Seattle with NCL July 2018

We have 5 kids in our party and they really want to do the Musher Dog Camp and (wheeled) sled. But it got full almost immediately! We wish we had known this earlier so we could get in.

Is this the experience everyone else has?

I, personally, booked our Dog Musher camp tour through these guys. Don't know if they have any openings left, but this particular tour is quite a bit longer than the one that the cruise line offers. Good Luck!

https://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/tour/dog-musher-camp-yukon/AKSGSEAYKNSLD

Thanks! Ended up booking with them, just through Costco Travel (same price)

Do you have a review of the tour or a video or a travel blog of this excursion?

We did this excursion a few years ago with our kids. We all thought it was grossly overpriced and really mediocre. The cart ride, itself, was just a few minutes, and we spent a lot of time waiting around doing nothing or listening to speakers who were not very engaging. My favorite part of the trip was the ride from the cruise port to the Mushing Camp, which was beautiful through the forest. It was one of the few Alaska excursions that I would not recommend.

I did one last week through a different company and posted some pics on my blog here.

In my opinion, this is a very poor- overpriced choice to make, via this booking agent.. The dog sled cart ride is at Caribou Crossing- a so so tour at best. It's a major, touristy large number of people experience. Way overpriced, you can book direct right with Chilkoot Charters for $138 https://chilkootcharters.com,/ same tour.

Superior dog experience is the smaller Tagish Kennels, simple to just drive to, or in the past Dyea Dave tours has stopped there. http://www.tagishlakekennel.com/tutshi/

I, personally, booked our Dog Musher camp tour through these guys. Don't know if they have any openings left, but this particular tour is quite a bit longer than the one that the cruise line offers. Good Luck!

https://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/tour/dog-musher-camp-yukon/AKSGSEAYKNSLD

Have you been on this tour?

What kind of vehicle transports you from pier to the camp, and how long is the ride? And is it a good way to take pictures of the scenery?

Van/bus, depending on vendor. There will be stops, some vendor's stops will be fixed. (reason, why the vendor may be a priority to consider), The Dog Camp is Caribou Crossing, about 70+ miles, one way.

We are doing Alaska out of Seattle with NCL July 2018

We have 5 kids in our party and they really want to do the Musher Dog Camp and (wheeled) sled. But it got full almost immediately! We wish we had known this earlier so we could get in.

Is this the experience everyone else has?

It probably has to do with the number in your group. I booked it once I got on the ship, but it was just me going.

• 3 weeks later...

Where did you Find shore excursions on Costco travel? I just booked a cruise for next year through costco and I'd like to add some excursions

Where did you Find shore excursions on Costco travel? I just booked a cruise for next year through costco and I'd like to add some excursions

It is not listed on their site. Look on page 1 of your confirmation under Shore Excursions. The name is Shore Excursions Group LLC