What to do in Puerto Vallarta for the day?

Kiwi_cruiser

9 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I thought it was interesting that our Condo building (and many other Condos) have reopened.  The maids that work in our complex generally come to work on the city buses and many of them have pretty long rides (up to an hour) to get to and from work.  Public buses are one of the worst places when it comes to COVID-19 so we really fear for their health.   But it seems like the government has made a decision to let the country reopen and accept the consequences.  I keep asking a basic question is how are we going to deal with this virus if it continues for at least another three years.   We obviously cannot shut down the world for several years.

Speaking of PV we did buy our plane tickets for next year :).  COVID-19 or not this is where we want to live in the winter.  

Hank

Of course anything around the virus changes by the day  or the week, for better or worse. At the moment the numbers are still rising unfortunately. Indeed most workers in condos, restaurants, beach vendors come by bus. Just recently it was reported that unfortunately buses were not cleaned as  much as was promised before. Also many people in the (sometimes overcrowded) buses donot cover their mouth and nose and even people were standing as no seats were available. That might be another reasons that the virus is still rising in and around Vallarta.The numbers in Vallarta arenot correct as mentioned earlier. Patients in private hospitals arenot counted, those transported to Guadalajara are now in the GD numbers. Yes the government has opened almost anything (apart from schools), but that doesnot mean the situation is under control. Since no job means no money in Mexico  it is a difficult decision. I know mexicans and permanent residents  that donot have a job at the moment.  But people coming to Mexico and Vallarta keep an eye on the actual situation by the time you travel.

I donot know how US insurances work. We have dutch travel insurance valid for allover the world. However since Mexico is in code Orange (red is the worst) we are NOT covered when traveling there. Another point to be aware of.

Of course we hope to be in Vallarta again this winter and to meet with you and Kathy. However we didnot book tickets yet. You know it is our home away from home.

Edited by Ine

On 6/25/2020 at 9:29 AM, Hlitner said:

As to the question about beaches from Wish84 here is what I would suggest. 

Hank

Hank, thank you for your input.  I've copied the entire post for future reference.