Sunset veranda on edge

maggie.1008

51 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

The picture I showed above is of the two balconies of the 2 SV's 2 decks below yours in same position (10269 and 10271). Yours should look the same.

image.png.4a108b2a33c7e4352a2fe05d24ce1ede.png

the balcony of 10269:

image.png.2281e3549af9e4c5f28003489faf7737.png

image.png.3bf4c36aeba4b97dd0093cba43b135ac.png

Thanks for all the pics! This looks great!

• Like 1

So pleased to have found this thread.Really appreciate the photos of the SV Stern cabins on the Edge.I have booked 11274 on the Apex , May 2020 Norwegian Fjords.I love stern cabins we had a C1 Stern on the Eclipse and was so surprised they aren’t C class on the Edge ( or the Apex) I studied  the Deck plan carefully but decided to relinquish C class for for SV as the cabins are listed as being bigger and they have a ‘ proper’ balcony’ which is also bigger than the IV ‘ balcony’.Glad I went for the middle one too as I thought it would be one of the best options and agree with a previous post that they will be the first to go.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, countess5 said:

Thanks for all the Info! We have SV 11273 booked for the Mediterranean in 2020. If anyone has pics of balcony, would be appreciated! 

Cheers

I look forward to seeing your photos, the cabin I have booked on the Apex should be almost identical as it is next door.

I would love to have people start measuring the balconies of the SVs. I really want to see if the middle ones are bigger or if different decks have different sizes. If anyone is in an Edge SV and has a measuring tape or a measuring app on your phone it would be great. We could start adding it to the cabin info sticky. 🙂

2 minutes ago, countess5 said:

I hope others will post pictures, we are a ways off from our Edge cruise! 

My mistake,sorry,  I thought I read you were cruising this year.Agree with you and  hope someone sailing this year posts some pics for us .

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I would love to have people start measuring the balconies of the SVs. I really want to see if the middle ones are bigger or if different decks have different sizes. If anyone is in an Edge SV and has a measuring tape or a measuring app on your phone it would be great. We could start adding it to the cabin info sticky. 🙂

Our SV  cruise is not til Nov...but there's an SV on our  Jan . cabin crawl...I may be able to measure...we,,ll see.   

10 minutes ago, Plato123 said:

We had an aft S1 on the Edge.  It was not as comfortable as the aft S1 on Solstice class ships for many reasons.  Here is a photo of the balcony after our butler brought us two loungers.

IMG_0536.JPG

Please come back and share those reasons, as the photo really looks nice.  I have one booked for the April TA, and would be interested in hearing your pros and cons about both S and E class.  I love the balconies on S class!  Thanking you in advance!

Edited by Lastdance

40 minutes ago, Plato123 said:

We had an aft S1 on the Edge.  It was not as comfortable as the aft S1 on Solstice class ships for many reasons.  Here is a photo of the balcony after our butler brought us two loungers.

IMG_0536.JPG

We loved our aft S 1 on the Edge except for lack of decent balcony furniture and a couple other less important reasons. We finally  got a lounger, but room service was pretty sad on the tiny table. The balcony was bigger than S Class Aft S 1s I think and didn’t miss the wrap around deck much - there’s wasted space there. We always got loungers without a problem on S Class and had a huge table.

Room Service on the Edge:

B6F2FB19-8E6A-441B-8F4F-57B91B0B2348.thumb.jpeg.73c43dd895d6123156bd13f8e8bf5616.jpeg

I missed my porthole window inside with the couch and coffee table, but loved the rocker on the Edge. The S Class aft S1s have a lot of open wasted space in the living room- the Edge living area is cozier. 🙂 Very sick  of the orange, blah decor on S Class - didn’t think I’d like the grey in the Edge cabins, but it is much better in person, IMO. 

The bathroom was nicer on the 

Edge, liked the vanity and separate toilet and overall size and liked tub footprint.

I didnt like the closet area- got congested between bed, bath door and closets.

All in all, a draw for me between the two, but if I were traveling with a bunch of friends S Class would win - we’ve had some fun parties and wine tastings in the S Class aft S1’s and have filled all that dead space. 🙂

43 minutes ago, hcat said:

Our SV  cruise is not til Nov...but there's an SV on our  Jan . cabin crawl...I may be able to measure...we,,ll see.   

That would be great! Maybe your DH can get you a laser measuring device for your bday! 😉

34 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Please come back and share those reasons, as the photo really looks nice.  I have one booked for the April TA, and would be interested in hearing your pros and cons about both S and E class.  I love the balconies on S class!  Thanking you in advance!

The S class aft S1 suites have a side window in the suite, the E class S1 does not.  The SS1 aft has a pole in the cabin (locations vary, but no problem), the aft ES1 does not.

The layout of the cabins is similar but there is more useful space and countertop in the SS1.

You cannot have a nice room service meal in the ES1 as there is no decent table inside or on the balcony to sit at. Nor decent chairs.

The bathroom in the ES1 looks nice but the shower on the roman tub causes a lot of water on the floor due to a poor tub design.

The separate toilet stall is nice but there are no hooks or shelves/racks for magazines etc. as many of us multitaskers like.

The SS1 has a full sofa bed but the ES1 only has a short chaise lounge that is so full of cushions as to be useless.

The TV in the ES1 does not swivel so you can only watch it properly in bed.  The ES1 rocking chair is nice but be careful to avoid banging your feet on it as you walk to the balcony.

IMG_0632.JPG

56 minutes ago, sun bum said:

We are sailing the Edge in 3 weeks. We booked SV 10280. I'll be happy to post photos of the room and balcony when we return.'ll be glad to answer any questions about the ship.

That would be really appreciated as it is the cabin directly below the one I have booked on Apex , great to see what it looks like both inside and out.

1 hour ago, Plato123 said:

The S class aft S1 suites have a side window in the suite, the E class S1 does not.  The SS1 aft has a pole in the cabin (locations vary, but no problem), the aft ES1 does not.

The layout of the cabins is similar but there is more useful space and countertop in the SS1.

You cannot have a nice room service meal in the ES1 as there is no decent table inside or on the balcony to sit at. Nor decent chairs.

The bathroom in the ES1 looks nice but the shower on the roman tub causes a lot of water on the floor due to a poor tub design.

The separate toilet stall is nice but there are no hooks or shelves/racks for magazines etc. as many of us multitaskers like.

The SS1 has a full sofa bed but the ES1 only has a short chaise lounge that is so full of cushions as to be useless.

The TV in the ES1 does not swivel so you can only watch it properly in bed.  The ES1 rocking chair is nice but be careful to avoid banging your feet on it as you walk to the balcony.

IMG_0632.JPG

Thank you for returning...I have this information, so no surprises there.  Just wondered if I may have missed something or that you would have wanted an S1 with the bed facing the water...I too love the S class suite aft cabins; will miss the huge porthole for sure!  At least I will get my exercize no matter which ship I am on for a cruise...Again...thanks!

Edited by Lastdance

On 1/5/2019 at 1:09 PM, countess5 said:

Thanks for all the Info! We have SV 11273 booked for the Mediterranean in 2020. If anyone has pics of balcony, would be appreciated! 

Cheers

I look forward to seeing your photos, the cabin I have booked on the Apex should be almost identical as it is next door.

1 hour ago, baw53 said:

There is a review with pics of SV12264 on Cruise Critic Reviews.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=643440

the reviewer notes the noise of scraping chairs from the bar above, which I thought might be a slight problem and the reason I have booked SV on Deck 11.

Thanks for the link, the noise issue is the reason I went down to deck 11. I thought there would be noise from above. 

A pic has appeared of a SV cabin on my booking now.( it might have been there before but I honestly did not see it) It shows the ‘ normal’ sliding doors to the balcony quite clearly.It is not my cabin , I think it could be 11275( double sofa )  as that has the bed nearest the door.I have booked 11274 which has the bed near the balcony and has the smaller  sofa as it is for 2 people only .

• 1 month later...

Was pricing  2020 Carib cruises today

There are SVs available on APEX with good pricing ,,..not sure we will book.

.  Going to look at Equinox and Silhouette before we decide..itins might be the deciding factor as well as cabin selection