Bsanr

What do we need for Canal Cruise?

I will be traveling to the Panama Canal in March 2019 with my 78 year old mother. We will be doing the Ocean to Ocean cruise on Princess. We are both fair skinned redheads. Will we need a hat at that time of the year? Can anyone suggest what would be good to have? Is there anything we should definitely remember to pack?

You will certainly need a hat and sunscreen!

It's HOT in the Canal all year.

You'll also need to plan some inside time to have a/c and deep shade.

Which ship will you be taking?

Order the bottled water package in your cruise personalizer under onboard reservations. I find it forces me to drink an appropriate amount of water.

Plan any excursions as early in the day as possible --you may need a siesta in the afternoon.

Bug spray.

Look into long sleeve shirts with an SPF factor. Most sporting goods stores will have them. Some are also called swim t's. EM

Thank you all for the helpful information. I guess we will start hat shopping soon!

I had already planned on getting the bottled water package- probably 2 or 3!

We will be on the Coral Princess March 2nd going from Fort Lauderdale to LA.

Thank you all for the helpful information. I guess we will start hat shopping soon!

I had already planned on getting the bottled water package- probably 2 or 3!

We will be on the Coral Princess March 2nd going from Fort Lauderdale to LA.

We will be on the Jan 6 sailing from LA to FLL so you should have a review from me by then.

It's HOT in the Canal all year.

Hot and HUMID, which with many Californians are not familiar (humidity, that is; many already know 'hot).

Ditto the other suggestions, too, especially sunscreen that is sweat-proof, or the swim shirts, or a long-sleeve woven cotton shirt.

Remember to apply your sunscreen 30 mins PRIOR to sun exposure....it takes a while to become effective. And remember that water-proof or sweat-proof is NOT "towel proof"! You wipe your skin, and you will need to reapply!

We will be on the Jan 6 sailing from LA to FLL so you should have a review from me by then.
Awesome! We are on the NCL Star for Jan. 19. I look forward to your review.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

Definitely a hat and sunscreen. Chapstick and aloe are a good idea too. We spent a lot of time on the Promenade during the transit day, so you can stay in the shade, but its still very hot.