Cruise Lines That Stop in Slovinia

AF-1

Hello, do any major cruise lines have cruises to Slovinia, Budapest, and that part of the world? I have looked on both NCL and RCCL; and neither of these lines go there. I have seen land travel to these parts but no cruise lines. Thanks

Per cruise timetables, several lines stop at Koper, Slovenia, as part of an Adriatic/eastern Med itinerary. Have a look at google maps for the location of Budapest. It's too far inland for any ocean vessel to schedule an excursion. As Marion mentioned, river cruises on the Danube have extensive stops in Romania, Croatia, Serbia, Hungary, and more.

I do not think any cruise will stop in Budapest & Koper

You will need to choose one over the other

I could be wrong but do not think it is feasible to do both ports on 1 cruise

Slovenia and Hungary are land locked. Hard to get an ocean going cruise ship over the highways. :D

There are Danube cruises that go there.

It might help if you read the posts on a thread before you give your 2 cents' worth. Several us mentioned ocean cruises that stop in Slovenia. ;p:cool:

School geography classes aren’t what they used to be....

😉👍🏻

Love it. Geographically challenged.

Next , someone is going to ask about that big blue country next to the US of A....

Was on a Princess cruise that ported in Koper, Slovenia just last fall. It was a very pleasant port stop.

Sorry, you are correct. Slovenia does have a small section on the Adriatic. I was reading Slovenia, but thinking Slovakia.

But I blame that on the OPs spelling. :'):halo::')

Thanks all for your feedback. yes I am the author of this thread. I did misspell Slovenia; my big interest is the Lake Bled, and Tito's former summer home. I did read that some cruise lines go to Koper. Again thanks and sorry for spelling mishap.

Ok...

If you are visiting that part of the world and think that Lake Bled is nice, thrn google Lake Plitvice.

Not in Slovenia, but in Croatia.

A cruise that would stop in Split would most likely also stop in Croatia. Plutvice is stunning!

Ok...

If you are visiting that part of the world and think that Lake Bled is nice, thrn google Lake Plitvice.

Not in Slovenia, but in Croatia.

A cruise that would stop in Split would most likely also stop in Croatia. Plutvice is stunning!

I have been to both Dubrovnik and Split. In Split we did downtown castle tour which is right near where the ships dock. I will google the lake your mentioned; thanks

More geography issues: Split is in Croatia. It is a long drive from Split to Plitvice National Park and then you would want several hours in the park: https://goo.gl/maps/Uf53d14P8oB2

It is stunning and well worth going but it should be on a land tour. Split itself has plenty to offer.

You could make a day trip to Lake Bled from Kopor: https://goo.gl/maps/SiTB7azRFpm

Lake Bled is very nice. Especially the castle.

But it is not close to the coast, it is well into the country.

There are many nice things to see in Slovenia. The castle in Ljubljana is interesting. Also the Lipizzaner farms. And they have a large cavern, the area is karst region, so caves with stalactites and stalagmites.

Way more than can be seen in a day. :D

There are many nice things to see in Slovenia. The castle in Ljubljana is interesting. Also the Lipizzaner farms. And they have a large cavern, the area is karst region, so caves with stalactites and stalagmites.

Agreed, it is a beautiful area to explore. You will need a full day or more if you can manage it.

More geography issues: Split is in Croatia. It is a long drive from Split to Plitvice National Park and then you would want several hours in the park: https://goo.gl/maps/Uf53d14P8oB2

It is stunning and well worth going but it should be on a land tour. Split itself has plenty to offer.

You could make a day trip to Lake Bled from Kopor: https://goo.gl/maps/SiTB7azRFpm

Thank you for this map. It brings everything into light. I appreciate your feedback

I agree with needing more than a day. An overnight in the port of Kopor would be nice; but that does not happen on large cruise ships