East Asia Cruise Westerdam December 10, 2018 Embarkation day excursions

Doc Mom

Hi,

I'm very excited about this cruise, but silly me, I did not leave enough time to explore Honkong. Ideally, I'd like to visit Victoria Peak/Aberdeen market and Big Buddha, but I only have 1 extra night in Kowloon at the end of the cruise, and on this night, I'd like to tour Kowloon area, and maybe either one of the sights mentioned above.

My question is, since the cruise ship doesn't leave HongKong til 11PM, can I check in at 11am-12noon, then leave the ship again to visit Victoria Peak (or big Buddha) on embakation Day December 10, then return to the ship before it sets sail at 11pm? Say, be back on the ship around 7pm??? What time is the master drill usually during late departures?

And if I can leave the ship after check in, what are the transportation like in the cruise terminal.

And from the cruise terminal, which tour takes LESS TIME - a visit to big Buddha or a visit to Victoria Peak.

Looking forward to your responses. Thank you

First, we will be on the same cruise, and a roll call has been started just a few days ago by BVILady.

You may want to ask HAL whether you can leave the ship after checking in. We do not plan to leave the ship.

The cruise terminal is located in the middle of the harbor, at the end of an old airport runway, and transportation to and from the terminal is minimal. You may want to check http://www.kaitakcruiseterminal.com.hk/facilities/getting-here/ for details. Even taxi service can be limited.

It takes about 1 hour 15 minutes one-way to go to the big Buddha by taxi, and bout 1 hour one-way to Victoria Peak. Traffic jam can be a big problem in Hong Kong.