Car rental company at port Charlottetown, Sydney and Hailfax

Could you please provide the names of the rental companies that are at the port of car rental company at port Charlottetown, Sydney and Halifax. Also, could anyone suggest a good consolidator for the best price?

Don't have a firm plan for Charlottetown yet. Suggestions? In Sydney, we'd like to see a bit of the Cape Breton Park. Suggestions for food stops along the way? In Halifax, we'd like to drive to Peggy's Cove and then visit the Halifax Gardens.

Thanks so much!

Here are two documents with information for Halifax and Sydney, including car rental information:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BjAtDscML-9Ce3VWUUsOrsVhPL7KIxb7Go_9SRi82dE/edit Halifax

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SHnC1bdaKtBLTr9bcJShb3a0escYZQKLWkZF4seT14I/edit Sydney

Here is some information for PEI: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2230424

I found the cheapest rates at Budget in all three cities last year. I don't believe there are any rental car offices near the port in Sydney, but Budget was willing to pick us up and return us to the port.

For Charlottetown, you can always drive over to Green Gables. It gives you an excuse to see the island, and if you're familiar with the book, they do a nice job with the tourist attraction there.

We rented a car from Avis /budget in Sydney. They have a pick up service that we weren’t aware of. We were getting off the ship and saw the minivan there and they were waiting for us! I would call to make sure they have your itinerary so you can get pick up service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have the address for the Budget office in Sydney that you used? If ind an office at 224 Welton St but not sure if that is their closest office to the pier or not.

Does anyone have the address for the Budget office in Sydney that you used? If ind an office at 224 Welton St but not sure if that is their closest office to the pier or not.

Yes 224 Welton street is correct. Budget and Avis share an office there. When you make your reservation, let them know you’re coming from the cruise terminal so they can pick you up. There is also a gas station a few blocks away so you can fill up the tank before you return the vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is very strange that Enterprise says they will not pick you up. Are you sure you contacted the local branch? This post from this year says they did pick people up: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2637199

I did call the local office! To be honest I don't really remember the reason why, if it is because of the weekend or that they just stop doing it.

If anybody is willing to call them again, I would be very grateful. Otherwise I will try again via skype of whatsapp as I live in Europe.

We did Enterprise at all the ports except Halifax, we did Hertz. There were no car rentals in Sydney or Charlottetown within walking distance in 2013, but they had shuttles at the ready and we were checked in and out on the road in 15 minutes or so. They are very efficient at that for cruise passengers.

Rented a car, read the excellent information in google doc provided in previous posts. Looking for specific advice about best place to stop for seafood and route to the Cape Breton Highlands park. Is this doable in 6 hours?

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

I am also interested in car rentals in these ports if it is worth it. I am confused about Pei, though. Some say that the car rental is available, others have had bad experiences. 

a couple of years ago  we were going to rent a car in Sydney  but  read the stories about people showing up & not enough cars available   even though you had a confirmation  so we gave up on that idea

PEI  is   a small island  I cannot imagine  them having  a lot of rental cars to satisfy lot PAX on a cruise ship

most tourists drive to the Island

JMO

This doc outlines the route towards Cape Breton Highlands National Park: Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia for Cruise Visitors

I have added a map showing the drive to Keltic Lodge in Ingonish Beach which is at the entrance to the park. You would need to allow over four hours for this so you could barely do it with six hours in port.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, maryann ns said:

This doc outlines the route towards Cape Breton Highlands National Park: Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia for Cruise Visitors

I have added a map showing the drive to Keltic Lodge in Ingonish Beach which is at the entrance to the park. You would need to allow over four hours for this so you could barely do it with six hours in port.

We have 8.5 hours in port.  So, doable if we decide to try it.