Crown Questions

ddgg

I've never been on the Crown, but thinking of booking. I have a few questions I hope some of you can answer.

1. Does the Crown have Guy's Burger Joint?

2. Is there an adults only pool?

3. What is the difference between the horizon court and cafe caribe?

4. Which cabin would get your vote: far forward on Lido deck (15), or very far aft on Riviera deck (14) under rear portion of cafe caribe. (Don't refer to ship motion. I'm well aware these cabins will feel more movement than others, but I actually like that!)

Thanks for any information--especially from those who sailed after her dry dock.

I've never been on the Crown, but thinking of booking. I have a few questions I hope some of you can answer.

1. Does the Crown have Guy's Burger Joint?

2. Is there an adults only pool?

3. What is the difference between the horizon court and cafe caribe?

4. Which cabin would get your vote: far forward on Lido deck (15), or very far aft on Riviera deck (14) under rear portion of cafe caribe. (Don't refer to ship motion. I'm well aware these cabins will feel more movement than others, but I actually like that!)

Thanks for any information--especially from those who sailed after her dry dock.

1) As far as I know, Guy's Burger is exclusive to Carnival ships (yes, I know Carnival owns Princess, but the Crown is a Princess ship).

2) Yes, the aft pool ...

i-Mv3kzvd-L.jpg

3) Good question. They are both next to each other and they are both buffets. However, on some nights the Cafe Caribe turns into something else (like the Crab Shack or something else). Just make sure you are out before midnight or you will be trapped into a pumpkin until it opens again.

4) I use to like rear facing cabins. Now I like forward facing cabins. So, I would choose the forward cabin. Besides, if you are on the lido deck you can get to the fun faster (yes I know FTTF is also a Carnival thing).

5) If you want to see all my pictures of the Crown (from February 2016), click on the link below ...

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-tf3b4X

The Crown would not have Guy's Burger Joint.

Boy am I embarrassed! I know that. My only excuse is that my last few cruises have been on Carnival (that and my brain cells are deteriorating!)

We LOVE Aft Riviera as our favorite spot on the ship is the Outrigger bar and the Terrace pool area! Some people worry about chairs moving up above in the Cafe Caribe/Horizon Cafe....but we never hear it. We were on the Crown last fall and it is now my new favorite ship....on her again this summer---can't wait! :cool:

Riviera aft... I have heard the chairs, but no big deal. But the rear door gets you to the “mostly” adults only pool. If we are talking real adults only pool, they don’t exist on Princess. 😀

Caribe Cafe’ sometimes has a slightly different selection of slop than the Horizon Court.

There's a 2nd adults only pool. It's very quiet, depending on the direction of the ship there will we sun and shade, the loungers are like the ones found in suites (very cushy), 2 hot tubs (none at the Terrace pool). There is also stadium seating. I don't remember ever seeing kids at the Lotus Spa pool on any of the ships we've been on.

The reason it's quiet is because it's right below the Sanctuary (convenient for the Sanctuary folks) and most people assume it's part of the Sanctuary (it's not).

It's located on Sun deck forward. You walk into the fitness center to access the door to the pool. There are also stairs on the next deck up that go down to the pool.

We are booked on the Crown for February 2019. We too like the aft cabins. I like to feel the motion, reminds me I'm on a SHIP. Otherwise, might as well stay at Hilton resort.

On the Grand last year to Hawaii, we had the last cabin on Aloha deck. We loved it, it was quiet, convenient to Horizon Court, the aft pool was steps from our door. We did have a slightly obstructed view due to the ship design but did not really notice it.

So we booked the the same cabin for February on the Crown, but on the starboard side.

Just off the Crown. For 2nd time had last balcony on Riviera far aft R743; if you can nab the port side one 746, I believe it has a bigger balcony. Love that location. Out the little secret door up a few stairs and there's the pool, bar, and buffet.

Still can't figure out the difference between Horizon and Cafe Caribe except that they are sometimes open together and sometimes one is closed. ?? don't really see or know of a difference.

The beds were all upgraded in April and are really comfy now!

The grill area serves Salty Dog menu and theres a Salty dog pub as well with burgers and such (didn't try the specialty one).

Feel free to ask away. Staff was great, food was great, entertainment was excellent.

I happen to like both locations …. way forward on the Lido deck, because it's a quiet are with little foot traffic, and a short walk to the open deck, and aft on the Riviera deck because of the quick access to the Terrace pool area and the Horizon Court. However, there's more foot traffic in the latter area because of those doors to outside.

So I guess I really would prefer Lido forward!

Still can't figure out the difference between Horizon and Cafe Caribe except that they are sometimes open together and sometimes one is closed. ?? don't really see or know of a difference.

Café Caribe is often asian-themed, as in americanized chinese buffet.

1) As far as I know, Guy's Burger is exclusive to Carnival ships (yes, I know Carnival owns Princess, but the Crown is a Princess ship).

2) Yes, the aft pool ...

i-Mv3kzvd-L.jpg

3) Good question. They are both next to each other and they are both buffets. However, on some nights the Cafe Caribe turns into something else (like the Crab Shack or something else). Just make sure you are out before midnight or you will be trapped into a pumpkin until it opens again.

4) I use to like rear facing cabins. Now I like forward facing cabins. So, I would choose the forward cabin. Besides, if you are on the lido deck you can get to the fun faster (yes I know FTTF is also a Carnival thing).

5) If you want to see all my pictures of the Crown (from February 2016), click on the link below ...

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-tf3b4X

Nice pictures, thanks for posting. We will be on the Crown next August. Really looking forward to it.

TriumphGuy....Which sailing are you on? I just booked Feb 25.

dcrow72...R746 was already booked, but I got R743 based on your recommendation.!

We're on the Feb 5th sailing, 10 night Eastern Caribbean. We are also in R743.

is a link to a video someone did of the actual cabin.

Happy Sailing!

Another vote for Riviera aft. We were in that location in January and loved being so close to the Terrace deck and pool and buffet. So handy to grab a cup of coffee any time I wanted. We were right inside the "secret" door and never had issues with traffic or noise. The only bad thing is it is pretty far from the spa and the adult pool there.

• 1 month later...