Norwegian Star water slide removal??

Poor Rich

Hello everyone ,

We are about to sail on our first cruise with Norwegian Star on June 24 from Venice.

We have 2 very disappointed boys aged 6 & 9 as we have just been informed that the kids pool has been removed along with the water slides!

Can anyone, who has sailed on the Star recently, confirm if the 2 yellow slides are gone?

Disappointed with NCL, disappointed for our boys! clear.png?emoji-mad-1709

Thank you in advance.

Yes all gone as stated in this thread:

Cornishcrew

Cool Cruiser

Posted May 26th, 2018, 01:40 AM

The slides are gone replaced by two shaded hot tubs.

The kids splash zone has been replaced by Spice H2O although it's not finished as of today theyre still work g on it. Many toilets out of action. Many cabin TVs not work g. We waited hours for them to find the TV remotes.

As the email came from NCL you can be certain they have gone.

The kids splash zone has been replaced by Spice H2O although it's not finished as of today theyre still work g on it. Many toilets out of action. Many cabin TVs not work g. We waited hours for them to find the TV remotes.

Sounds a bit of a shambles, glad we won't be on it till April. By then all should be well!!

I hope they do this on all the ships. NCL needs adults only pool AREAs on all their ships!! The family pool with an "adult" only pool right next to it that has no privacy/ is loud/ and filled with kids despite being "adults only" is no bueno for many.

The familes with kids can have the main pool on the main deck. But having an adults only pool area is SO nice.

Hello everyone ,

We are about to sail on our first cruise with Norwegian Star on June 24 from Venice.

We have 2 very disappointed boys aged 6 & 9 as we have just been informed that the kids pool has been removed along with the water slides!

Can anyone, who has sailed on the Star recently, confirm if the 2 yellow slides are gone?

Disappointed with NCL, disappointed for our boys! clear.png?emoji-mad-1709

Thank you in advance.

Just wanted to offer my sympathy for your family. I know that water slides are one of the most important features we look for on a ship when we sail with our boys because that’s what they most look forward to. Also having a kids pool allows them to play and swim. Most often in the main pool there’s a lot of adults that do not appreciate the splashing that happens when a kid tries to swim past.. I can totally understand why, but still not fun for the kids or the parents trying to enjoy their vacation.

Our last family cruise we were faced with the slides All possibly being out of commission (fortunately they were open it turned out), so I found a water park we could visit during one of the stops. Figured worst case scenario the boys would get at least one day of water slides. I imagine that’s harder to do in Europe than the Caribbean, but might be worth looking into.

Hope it all works out and your family has a fantastic trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am in the same boat- no pun intended. ;). I have two boys 6 &9 and we are sailing on the star in July. I’m now wondering what they can do onboard besides splash academy during the day. The only cruises they’ve been on were the breakaway and the getaway so I’m hoping they don’t remember too much. Lol.

The slides didn’t work very well and my kids said they weren’t fun, because they would get stuck.

I had earlier posted this same info and my post went poof. Pretty much anyone on the slides on Star got stuck.

The missing kids pool area would be a negative for young kids.

If my kids were still little I would probably be upset too. However... I am so happy about this news. We booked the 3 bedroom Garden Villa and the slides were right outside the window.

Not sure what you mean by "right outside the window" but on Star the slides were quite a fair distance forward and down from the GV and really didn't block much of any view unless you wanted to see what was going on about at a 60 degree angle from the front windows.

i think the kids splash area at the aft would have been too babyish for a 6 and 9 year old, so i wouldnt lament too much abotu that.

teh slides would have been good for these ages, but yes, for adults/teens you would get stuck. nothing like the amazing slides on the mega.

Those yellow water slides were absolutely terrible. Even when they were new, they weren't slick. I remember my kids at that age, getting stuck on them over and over and over. Have you ever been down a slide where you stick to it the whole way and have to creep and crawl down on your butt? That's how those slides are and have always been.

I know you and your kids think you're really missing out. Take your kids to a swimming pool this summer that has a slide or take them to a water park. Those old yellow slides NCL put in were a huge disappointment and removing them is several years overdue.

Lindseylu8, there is no pool in the Star Spice H20 only a hot tub from the pictures I ahve seen, it is more like a bar area than the other Spice H2Os I have been in.

I would still be ok with this but do love the adult only pool area on the other ships Ive been on. NCL Epic spice H20 area is nice as well as the other cruise lines Ive been on. I was disappointed with the NLC Gem pool situation. Thank you for the info :)

The kids club on the star is great. Sea days from 12-2 and 5-7 when the kids club is closed could be a problem - previously the kids pools were overcrowded during those times. I don’t think the adult customers will be happy with all the kids splashing in their pool 4 hours a day. I hope there aren’t too many sea days in your cruise.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2018 at 11:03 PM, MaiTaiMary said:

Oh no! I'm so sorry to read this. My kids are going to be so disappointed. I saw a bunch of pictures with the slides and I never would have thought they were removed. 😞

They have also removed the slide during the NCL Jewel 2018 refurb. Very disappointed about this. If the yellow slide wasn't great NCL should've upgraded it!

6 hours ago, LockwoodGrace said:

They have also removed the slide during the NCL Jewel 2018 refurb. Very disappointed about this. If the yellow slide wasn't great NCL should've upgraded it!

You create a separate thread about this damn waterslide and how dissapointed you are at the fact they removed it, yet you have never even been on it. 

News flash....it was an average waterslide that nobody will miss. You need to move on from it, there are more to NCL ships than this waterslide. 

2 hours ago, Ronin23 said:

You create a separate thread about this damn waterslide and how dissapointed you are at the fact they removed it, yet you have never even been on it. 

News flash....it was an average waterslide that nobody will miss. You need to move on from it, there are more to NCL ships than this waterslide. 

A seperate thread was created because it doesn't belong on this Norwegian Star thread, nor does it belong on a Roll Call thread. 

Thank you for your comment. 

so glad the slides are gone. So many cruises we've sailed where slides are closed and deck space wasted. Looking forward to sailing her and modern, sophisticated look! All the updates look amazing. There are a whole host of ships with plenty more kid orientated areas.