Sign and sail cards in mailboxes

Can some explain how quickly you can now get to your room with the sign and sail cards in the mailboxes? I would like more info since I have never been through this procedure

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have FTTF, are Diamond or Platinum you can go to your cabin as soon as you board. Otherwise 1:30, however you can use your boarding pass to make purchases until you get your cards. The cards are in a sealed envelope so don't worry about someone using them. If you were to get them and they were open or even missing just go immediately to guest services to let them know. Have Fun!

It’s very quick. So now that you don’t need to stand in the extra line, you go from security check to the waiting area. But you can’t get your cards unless your room is ready. Diamond/Platinum/FTTF as soon as you board, approx 1:30 pm for everyone else. Use your boarding pass until then for purchases.

cards are no longer given out on SOME ships at check in.

THey are placed in the mail boxes about 1pm. This prevents the many people that roam the halls between getting on and 1:30

they are in an envelope. If the envelope is tampered with you just tell someone

if you want to make a purchase before you are allowed to the cabins-- you use your boarding pass until 1:30

cards are no longer given out on SOME ships at check in.

THey are placed in the mail boxes about 1pm. This prevents the many people that roam the halls between getting on and 1:30

they are in an envelope. If the envelope is tampered with you just tell someone

if you want to make a purchase before you are allowed to the cabins-- you use your boarding pass until 1:30

We had FTTF and were on board at 11:45 and our cards were in our mailbox. They must know who has FTTF and who are Diamond or Platinum.

We had FTTF and were on board at 11:45 and our cards were in our mailbox. They must know who has FTTF and who are Diamond or Platinum.

Well, yes, they do. Otherwise, they would have all the rooms ready by the time for early boarding ;p

As others have said, yes they know how many priority passengers are on board (P/D/FTTF) and who they are. They'll put the cards in the mailboxes when the cabin is ready. We cruised last week, were on board by 11:15, but our two cabins weren't quite ready when we got there. They had everything done except vacuuming. She let us put our bags on the bed and we headed off to lunch. When we got a little ways down the hall, our steward was headed the other direction with the S&S cards (in envelopes) for the cabins that were done...ours included. So we turned around and got them real quick.

Do any ships or ports NOT have this procedure yet? Just read that the Dream now does this , , ,

I did not know the new procedure had been implemented on the Dream. Will someone please confirm?

Many thanks.

B

I did not know the new procedure had been implemented on the Dream. Will someone please confirm?

Many thanks.

B

I can confirm. My daughter boarded the Dream on Sunday. I talked to her while she was unpacking. S&S cards were at the mailbox.

I can confirm. My daughter boarded the Dream on Sunday. I talked to her while she was unpacking. S&S cards were at the mailbox.

Thanks. We had the new procedure on The Breeze out of Galveston in January. We really liked it.

B

We will be sailing as Grand Suite, Carnival-Splendor guests. Will our cabin be ready early also? My mom is elderly and always wants her cabin to see and rest in as soon as boarding. Thx!

Cabins are available around 1:30. Could always time your arrival with that in mind.

Your card will be in the mailbox. All ships out of Long Beach now use this system.

We will be sailing as Grand Suite, Carnival-Splendor guests. Will our cabin be ready early also? My mom is elderly and always wants her cabin to see and rest in as soon as boarding. Thx!

No, sorry. That is not a suite perk. You get priority boarding, but not having your room ready at boarding.