Take bus Hellesylt to Geiranger or cruise to Geiranger then take bus tour??

i can’t find enough information on going overland Hellesylt to Geiranger. Cruising the fiord sounds great and then booking a bus tour on arrival seems to round out the experience. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

if the ship stops in Hellesylt it is usually a technical stop meaning only those with ship's tours are allowed off before it sails on to Geiranger

usually no independent travellers will be allowed off

if the ship stops in Hellesylt it is usually a technical stop meaning only those with ship's tours are allowed off before it sails on to Geiranger

usually no independent travellers will be allowed off

What if any is the benefit of taking ships tour and going overland versus cruising up fiord and the taking bus tour?

What if any is the benefit of taking ships tour and going overland versus cruising up fiord and the taking bus tour?

Simply that you will see some other things on the land based tour that you would not see from the ship. No matter which way you pick you will still see the fjord in its entirety because even if you get off in Hellesylt, you will still cruise all the way out of the fjord. We embark on Saturday for the Midnight Sun on the Sapphire Princess and we elected to stay aboard until Geiranger. It seems like most but not all on our roll call are doing that. It really is a matter of personal preference.

i can’t find enough information on going overland Hellesylt to Geiranger. Cruising the fiord sounds great and then booking a bus tour on arrival seems to round out the experience. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

I had the same thoughts as you. I originally booked the bus tour out of Hellesylt (and wondered if I would regret missing the ship’s view of the fiord to Geiranger. I then decided to cruise from Hellesylt to Geiranger and independently book the electric car for 3 hours. I’m very excited!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had the same thoughts as you. I originally booked the bus tour out of Hellesylt (and wondered if I would regret missing the ship’s view of the fiord to Geiranger. I then decided to cruise from Hellesylt to Geiranger and independently book the electric car for 3 hours. I’m very excited!

The electric car there was a blast! We did that on our recent cruise...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 11 months later...
On 6/24/2018 at 4:52 AM, Rose20 said:

hi, where did you book an electric car from and do you remember the cost? sounds like a great (and eco-friendly) alternative to the big sight-seeing bus

17 minutes ago, Rose20 said:

Etour geiranger highlights...reserved ahead and walking distance from cruise

Thanks a lot, I looked them up but they're just 2 seaters and there are 4 of us with the kids so money-wise it might be better to take the bus even if the eco solution seemed very appealing....