Received Celebrity survey

lysolqn

Just received a survey from X (via e-mail) with respect to our recent cruise. The questions pertain to the ship, its facilities, activities, food, service, entertainment, embarkation/disembarkation, etc. The last part of the survey asks for suggestions to help improve the Celebrity vacation experience.

If given the opportunity, what suggestions would you offer?

Just received a survey from X (via e-mail) with respect to our recent cruise. The questions pertain to the ship, its facilities, activities, food, service, entertainment, embarkation/disembarkation, etc. The last part of the survey asks for suggestions to help improve the Celebrity vacation experience.

I would suggest offering open seating for dinner on nights when a ship will be in port later than 6:00 PM.

The last part of the survey asks for suggestions to help improve the Celebrity vacation experience.

Have them enforce their own rules concerning reserving of chairs, dress code, smoking areas...

Make internet more affordable... $45.00 per hour is a bit much

Repairs: Replace defective windows in observation areas ie Galaxy lounge... Why have windows you can't look through?

Provide some Captain's Club benefits that are worthwhile

Just a few thoughts to start the wheels turning..

Have them enforce their own rules concerning reserving of chairs, dress code, smoking areas...

Make internet more affordable... $45.00 per hour is a bit much

Repairs: Replace defective windows in observation areas ie Galaxy lounge... Why have windows you can't look through?

Provide some Captain's Club benefits that are worthwhile

Just a few thoughts to start the wheels turning..

The taking of pool chairs will never end..that said, i like the dress code,but you can,t force 1500 or so people to dress up for dinner every nite..there lies the problem.. as far as smoking goes, send those losers upstairs to choke on there smoke..I for one got real tired of sitting in a lounge, not being able to enjoy myself because I was chocking from second hand smoke..

Celebrity did offer open seating for dinner on our recent Constellation Trans Atlantic. We were in Le Harve until almost midnight and that night they offered open seating for dinner. Pat

Thank you, RodPat, for letting me know. Hopefully, they will do the same on our Baltic Cruise this summer :)

I think Celebrity is looking for the OP's opinions, which are invaluable in and of themselves. While other opinions are certainly valid, it kind of ruins the purpose and validity of the survey if it represents more than one person's perspective.

Though big fans of the X product, there's always room for improvement. The suggestions I submitted -

- new menus would be nice - you know the menus haven't been updated when after many X cruises you can actually predict the choices on a given night.

- improved in-cabin television programming - we don't spend lots of time in the cabin but when there it would be nice to have something to watch other than the same 50 year old episode of Burns and Allen every ship, every cruise, every day.

- more reasonable internet charges - $0.75/minute is outrageous - as a previous post indicates, that translates to $45/hour!

- "enforce" the evening dress code - guests wearing shorts, tee shirts, bathing suits, cover-ups, sweatpants, etc. (especially on formal/informal nights) should very politely be refused entry to the dining room and re-directed to an alternative dining venue.

- after-dinner shows for late seating guests - this used to be the norm but somewhere along the way it has changed to pre-dinner shows, which pretty much does away with the "we choose late seating so we don't have to rush to get ready" philosophy.

My wife received one of these follow up questionairs yesterday by emai. She answered all the questions they had concerning why we did not mark excellent on all areas. I thought as did she, this was a great idea. It appears that they take very seriously any marks less than excellent. We dinged the TV, kids club and check out. Many cruise lines are moving to a policy that if you are willing(or able) to carry off your own luggage, you do not set it out the night before, just leave when called. Often this call for those leaving on their own is as early as 7:30 or 8:00. Great idea if you have your own car of trasportation and pack lite enough to do it. Saves the line a lot of work and gets the ship cleared at record pace. (i.e. we sail from Galveston and live in Texas) They did not do this on Galaxy.

Follow up on the T.V. thingy. That was truely ugly. She really let them have it on that. Also, I agree that the internet pricing is the worst on any line I have been on. (Even RCCL is not that high)

I would like to see them also add a way(or computer read card) to rate the tours. I think this would be helpful as well. I think Princess used to do that in Alaska. I couple of marginal tours quickly disappeared with consistant bad marks. I took a new tour in Coasta Rica that was wonderful and there was little way to let them know how much I enjoyed it. The area to write on the onboard survey seems made to DISCOURAGE any remarks. (JMHO)

Archived