It is confirmed... you can get separate drink packages... you just need to call

I realize there are many threads on this but since the question keeps getting asked I figured I would tell of my experience.

I tried online to get a deluxe beverage package for myself and the refreshment package for my wife and kids. Nope... wasn't happening. The online system wants all adults in a cabin to have the same package.

So then I simply called Royal Caribbean on the phone and told the representative what I wanted. He could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Instantly gave me my deluxe beverage package and the wife and kids the refreshment package with no questions asked.

I guess my only question is that if they are going to allow the ordering of separate types of drink packages when we call their reps then why don't they just allow us to do it online also? It seems to me it would just make their lives easier at the phone centers. I just really dislike talking on the phone... it is a personal hangup! (yes, I know... bad pun!)

Anyway, another positive experience with Royal Caribbean!

I guess my only question is that if they are going to allow the ordering of separate types of drink packages when we call their reps then why don't they just allow us to do it online also?

Which way do you think makes them more money?

Please, don't give them any more website "improvement" tasks. We don't know what that will break!:eek:
Noticed Royal moved the refundable/nonrefundable rate decision back to it's original location when making a booking online.

They must of stayed up all night working that out....lol

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Noticed Royal moved the refundable/nonrefundable rate decision back to it's original location when making a booking online.

They must of stayed up all night working that out....lol

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

For real?? Wow finally

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, as long as you call you can get the replenish package. Cruising with my girlfriend in Sept. She does not drink except an occasional wine. so I was able to get the bev package for me and the replenish package for her.

You do know that you were not obligated to buy the refreshment package for your kids. You could get them the soda only package or no package at all.

Yup, we knew that. The kids love non-alcoholic fruity drinks, teas, juices, etc. They actually drink very little soda.

I have a quick question. Do you have to buy the package for the entire length of the cruise or can you just purchase for a set number of days? I'm thinking about those sea days in particular! ;)

If you buy pre-cruise, you have to buy for the entire cruise.

If you buy onboard, you can buy for a partial cruise. You can buy with as little as 4 days left in the cruise, but whenever you buy, it has to be for the rest of the cruise.

If you buy onboard, you can buy for a partial cruise. You can buy with as little as 4 days left in the cruise, but whenever you buy, it has to be for the rest of the cruise.

Thanks Bob! Hey I notice you are Central Illinois. Used to live in Mattoon before moving to Colorado!

(y)

About 2 hours from us.:)

I have an idea of where LOL!

Ken, my DW will get the drink package, I always get the refreshment. Do I have to call Royal or can I have my TA book this for me.

I'd try the TA first, and if that does not work, then call yourself.

I'd try the TA first, and if that does not work, then call yourself.

The only thing that I’ve found is that some TA’s will not know about Royal allowing the purchase of the refreshment package and they may stick to the official line from Royal stating that both must purchase the delux package.

The only problem with this ploy is you have to pay full price on the ship. Many times the drink packages are discounted before the cruise.

A few weeks ago on the Freedom they offered a card with 10 drinks. My son in law got it and I think he said it was $72. I never saw that offer but he said they were pushing it on returning from port. I did see him use the card though.

Shak