Hello

I'm Brian and I'm going on my first ever Solo Cruise in August and I'm pretty Nervous. I've been on cruises before with other people but this particular cruise is on my own so I'm a bit scared. It will be great to be on a Norwegian Cruise to Bermuda but it will be my first time alone. I would love some tips and tricks and what to do and how to fill up 7 days on a boat. Should I eat dinner with different folks? I'm scared but Happy to be on an adventure. I would love to have any tips on what to do if your alone on a cruise? I'm sure theres alot of onboard activities and a lot of ways to meet new people. I'm already overwhelmed about this cruise. I know i will have a good time but I have so many questions and so many unknowns that It would be great to talk with some people on here.

- Brian

What ship are you going on? I think some of them that have the studio cabins have solo cruisers lounge where you can meet up and hang out there and maybe decide to do some stuff together like trivia, go get a drink, etc.

Also, please join your roll call as suggested above. You might meet other solo cruisers on your sailing before you even get on the ship!

Check the Daily for the first night, listed should be a solo cruiser gathering in one of the lounges. Also, check out things to do on the BERMUDA ports of call board, you might find some fun things there.

Enjoy the sea days!! Go to activities and don't be shy. HAVE A GREAT TIME.

While not cruising solo, one night my hubby was sea sick so I went to dinner in one of the MDRs by myself. They asked me to wait a few minutes while they gather table mates and within 5 mins I was seated with two other women my age. So if you are flexible to wait a little bit, finding dinner companions should not be hard. I would expect to eat alone or with pre arranged people at specialty restaurants. And don't be shy to talk to people, especially in the bars. We are always up for talking to new people. We have found some nice friends on cruises.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Hi Brian, I cruise solo frequently. Just some observation for you:

Relax, you are on vacation and an adventure!

I find most fellow cruisers are very friendly and willing to chat.

In the dining room, I say I am willing to share and

try to sit at large tables with others

. I have met some very nice people that way.

Joining the roll call is a great way to start off the cruise with friendly faces.

I do usually take ship excursions since there is not anyone else "to have my back" though sometimes I may take a private excursion with other passengers if CC posters or TripAdvisor really like the tour.

I have also found it is usually easier to find seats in the theater since many times there is 1 seat in between other people that no one is in.

I have never been ignored by any crew member

just because I am solo

and still have received great service. If you are nice and respectful, they will be as well.

However, I am ok alone so I always have a book or reader with me for just in case so that I could read while waiting or eating in the buffet area.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your trip!

Hi!

I, too, am traveling solo with Norwegian, although unlike the OP I have never cruised before. I have travelled to London, Paris, Venice, all on my own. I am very used to being alone on foreign soil. The idea of solo cruising, however, presents a new set of challenges for me.

I am (quoting friends here…) handsome, charming, articulate and interesting. (Again, I don’t really see myself that way!) But I am somewhat lacking in social skills. Okay, I’m shy. I’m hoping that a cruise will present a low-risk environment to meet new people, and to learn how to do so.

The cruise is 11 months off, so the roll call isn’t real active yet. I’m posting here to get in on any tips or encouragement everyone has for Brian…

Aside from the solo meet up around 5 p.m. which you should join, try to participate in any of the

daily activities....trivia and progressive trivia are very popular.

also when you enter any of the free restos you can ask the hostess to place you at a singles

table or, if they do not do that say you are willing to share a table....have met alot of folks that way

Just did my 2nd solo cruise in April on the Escape. I was in a studio cabin and met up every day at 5pm in the studio lounge so I could eat dinner with the group. I can do most anything by myself but eating dinner is not one of them so it was important to me to be at the meetings every day. Like you I am very shy and didn't think that I could cruise solo but found that I did like it and that is why I have done two of them. NCL makes it very easy for the solo cruiser with the studio lounge and the daily meetings at 5pm. I have no idea how old you are but on my cruise the women outnumbered the men so the men were pretty popular.