Teiks or Rothys

CaroleLee

2 hours ago, sbt518 said:

Is there room in Rothys to put a custom orthotic? Or is the footbed removable?

I have wanted to try them but I need to put inserts in.

The inner sole is removable but I have no idea about an orthotic.  But they have free shipping in both directions and as long it's return in new condition it's fine.  Maybe buy your size and then go up a half size?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought Rothys, which I was excited about because they had size 12... but they run small. I took them to a cobbler and they can't be stretched because of the recycled material doesn't have any give. They hold up well, but I wish they ran a little more true to size. I researched online and it looks like it's mostly the larger sizes that have this problem. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, seaturtle_808 said:

I bought Rothys, which I was excited about because they had size 12... but they run small. I took them to a cobbler and they can't be stretched because of the recycled material doesn't have any give. They hold up well, but I wish they ran a little more true to size. I researched online and it looks like it's mostly the larger sizes that have this problem. 

I'm size 11 and the round toe flat is perfect, the loafer is acceptable but the sneaker is really tight.  Now I see that they have 12s.  The sneaker really isn't eligible for return since I have worn it outside a few times so I'm embarrassed to contact them about it.  But, as you know, these shoes aren't cheap....

1 minute ago, clo said:

I'm size 11 and the round toe flat is perfect, the loafer is acceptable but the sneaker is really tight.  Now I see that they have 12s.  The sneaker really isn't eligible for return since I have worn it outside a few times so I'm embarrassed to contact them about it.  But, as you know, these shoes aren't cheap....

How interesting, yeah I got the round toe flat for work and it was too small. Shocked me because I've worn a 12 my whole life and never had that issue. Really glad I didn't get the sneakers now that I hear they're even smaller.

I emailed them asking about an exchange to a larger size (the website shoed 12.5 but grayed out) and they offered me a coupon code since they couldn't exchange them since they were out of stock. It's been almost a year and they've never been in stock, so I'm starting to thing they never will be. 

Unless I have already owned a certain brand and type of shoe I just can't buy without trying them on due to various foot issues; bunions, high arches, etc.  So many shoes have such poor support and cushioning.  Everyone's foot is different and what is great for one person may cause misery to another.

I hate it when a style I have worn before and fit great have been 'improved'  or changed without my knowing it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

Unless I have already owned a certain brand and type of shoe I just can't buy without trying them on due to various foot issues; bunions, high arches, etc.  So many shoes have such poor support and cushioning.  Everyone's foot is different and what is great for one person may cause misery to another.

I hate it when a style I have worn before and fit great have been 'improved'  or changed without my knowing it. 

The nice thing about Rothys is that they have free shipping in both directions.  Same with Nordstrom.

My foot is a size 11 and I have two pairs of Rothy's that I went up the 1/2 size in.  I have a fuchsia blue fun pattern of the pointed flat (feels very small still) and the rounded flat in pink, which while they do fit a tad better, I still have issues with.  They are nice and I do like that you can wash them, but I find the Tieks fit much better.   

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2019 at 2:18 PM, clo said:

Just got my newest Rothys and they will be worn every night for dinner on our cruise.  I did go up a half size to 11-1/2 and I think they'll be fine.  I see no reason for bling on my feet 🙂

Clo - those navy shoes beautiful and cute! Now I want some. I have problems with flats because I dont' have much of an arch, have a narrow ankle so many fall off my heel, and lots of them are cut too low in the vamp and then rub on the top of my big toe in an uncomfortable way. With free shipping both ways, maybe it's worth a shot.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 6:34 AM, TwinMamainMN said:

Now I want some.

A little story.  I have a FB friend, a woman I went to high school with all those decades ago 🙂  I posted when I got my first pair.  She then got three!  When I recently got these cute ones above I posted that.  She then said that she now has four which is what I have.  And now she's going to get the blue ones.  And, yeah, what do you have to lose with that free shipping.  I hope you get a pair and report back.

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2019 at 12:53 PM, sbt518 said:

Is there room in Rothys to put a custom orthotic? Or is the footbed removable?

I have wanted to try them but I need to put inserts in.

I did a little testing for you:

With the footbed provided, my Rothys (the round toe flat) feels a little big.

With provided footbed removed and my custom orthotic put in, the shoe feels not so "big", but not snug.

You'll have to be sure you have an orthotic that goes into a women's shoe - Those Surefoot/Superfeet type of orthotics that you can buy off the shelf at sporting good stores may have to be shaved down along the edges to be able to fit in the shoes.   Not a biggie as I've had to do this with my Superfeet ones that I've bought - different shoes are different widths so I have multiple orthotics if my custom one doesn't fit.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sbt518 said:

@slidergirl Thank you so much for testing! I usually use vionic orthotics if I don't use my custom ones (they don't fit in all shoes) and the vionic ones are women's sized and can be cut down.

Maybe I'll try the Rothys and report back.

My pleasure.  Orthotics are a PIA when trying to get shoes.  I try my best to get shoes with removable footbeds - just putting the orthotics on top doesn't work.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kittysJ30 said:

It worked great!  Can’t wait until they arrive.  Thank you again.

Oh goody.  I ONLY have four pairs and every email continues to tempt me.  What did you order?  🙂

59 minutes ago, susiefay said:

Thank you!! Just ordered my first pair   Thanks for the discount code, hope it benefits you as well.  Excited to try these for the first time.  

And they've notified me of a $20 credit...which I think about multiple times a day.  lol.

A side note.  The pair I wear the most...like almost every day...are now almost a year and a half old and look and fit like new.  Makes the cost less painful 🙂

• Like 1

I received my Rothys two days ago.  Wore them for the first time last night.  I was amazed at how comfy and soft they are.  I have ordered another pair.  They are very eye catching.  Thanks again.

Edited by kittysJ30

9 hours ago, kittysJ30 said:

I received my Rothys two days ago.  Wore them for the first time last night.  I was amazed at how comfy and soft they are.  I have ordered another pair.  They are very eye catching.  Thanks again.

My total pleasure.  I wore my purple sneakers today.  They're too tight but I wore them before making that decision so can't return.  But we were just going to breakfast so it was fine.  They ARE eye catching, aren't they?  Enjoy.

On 11/16/2019 at 8:21 AM, kittysJ30 said:

And thanks to you two who ordered.  I now have a $40 credit with them.  Woo hoooooo 🙂