Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

It says my online ck in is complete & I can print my pass.

In the past it has asked me about my airline info. This time it did not ask. When I called Rccl they said that as long as I can print my pass ——everything is ok. I just thought I might have missed something.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I don't recall any flight info inquiries on the online check-in.

There was a question if anyone was flying the same day. If you said yes, it asked the time.

I guess to schedule those with early flight for early disembarkation.

I was still asked for my arrival and departure flight numbers/carriers/times when I finally was able to log in and do the checkin. It was in the Guest Information section.

I was still asked for my arrival and departure flight numbers/carriers/times when I finally was able to log in and do the checkin. It was in the Guest Information section.

Interesting, that must be new because I've never been asked for flight numbers.

Why is it that Royal Caribbean has assets in excess of 20 billion dollars but cant build a website that actually works. It is so frustrating. I am so tired of recieving "This site cant be reached" messages anytime I go into cruise planner. Took me 3 days to do my online checkin because of site errors.

:mad::mad::mad:

It seems to me, a retired software developer, that everything that has been done so far has been done to make their site look better on a smart phone. I can only assume that someone decided that most people want to access the site on their phone. It also appears that they are developing and rolling out the updated portions of the site piece by piece.

Other companies have apps that access the backend servers and format the data for display within the app. The web sites of these companies also access the same servers but format the data to be displayed in a browser. It seems that Royal Caribbean has decided to not have an app to perform the functionality done by the web site but have instead changed their web site to fit the least common denominator that is a smart phone browser.

Speaking of the app that they do have it seems to do what it was designed to do fairly well on my iPhone. I tried it on my iPad, my preferred device, and it was practically unusable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been trying to access the site via my samsung phone, laptop, and desktop. 90% of the time I run into some issue. A website is the face of a company, they should make sure everything is 100% before they roll it out. If it has issues, these issues should be addressed and corrected immediately, not whenever they feel like getting around to it.

What good is a site that "looks good" if it is not functional.

With over 10 years as visitor, and five as registered user, I can confirm RCI's page is defective, on all its previous and current versions.

Most of problems are on links to nonexistent pages, check-in process, and a poor interphase beetween the RCI .com environment and the user/bookings database.

Ditto with Celebrity's site.