Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

Hello,

I am off on Explorer on 14th May, maybe.

I have just printed my edocs and my embarkation letter offers preferential embarkation times for Captain's Club members (!), looks forward to welcoming me onboard Celebrity Silhouette and is 'signed' Celebrity Cruises.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum!

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I am off on Explorer on 14th May, maybe.

I have just printed my edocs and my embarkation letter offers preferential embarkation times for Captain's Club members (!), looks forward to welcoming me onboard Celebrity Silhouette and is 'signed' Celebrity Cruises.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum!

Regards,

Cublet

Hmmm.  Maybe that means I should search for my Cruise Planner for my Equinox cruise on the Royal site.  I haven’t been able to access it for weeks.

Royal and Celebrity IT get their training at the same place.

E1B36665-3FF5-4F37-883A-2794D0D413D8.png

Edited by h20skibum

21 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Hmmm.  Maybe that means I should search for my Cruise Planner for my Equinox cruise on the Royal site.  I haven’t been able to access it for weeks.

Royal and Celebrity IT get their training at the same place.

E1B36665-3FF5-4F37-883A-2794D0D413D8.png

Hello,

What training??

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Their website is the worst.... I have problems all the time and they say it’s because I’m not using IE as my browser... I have an IPad and MacBook. They told me to use a different browser, it doesn’t work all the time on Safari. I shouldn’t have to use a different browser, they should get it to work right. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I shouldn’t have to use a different browser, they should get it to work right. 

This is what I've been saying for years.  All the threads over the years talking about browsers, cache, cookies etc etc.  None of it should be necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Their website is the worst.... I have problems all the time and they say it’s because I’m not using IE as my browser... I have an IPad and MacBook. They told me to use a different browser, it doesn’t work all the time on Safari. I shouldn’t have to use a different browser, they should get it to work right. 

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

This is what I've been saying for years.  All the threads over the years talking about browsers, cache, cookies etc etc.  None of it should be necessary.

You are both absolutely spot on. You don't go on any other website and have to "Clear your cache & cookies" in order for it to function properly. It just works!

Their entire IT Team needs sacking and replacing. Shambolic in 2019 that they operate this way.

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm sorry that my posting was put here as it has NOTHING to do with the RCI website - it had a thread of its own called " RCI Computer, not Website, nonsense".

Editors please note.

Regards,

Cublet

On 3/26/2019 at 2:09 PM, jeepchick444 said:

hi yes i have reported two separate times regarding problems and never get a response.i have cleared my computer of the usual recommendations and try on several devices and no luck,,,,i can however access other sailings but none of which i am interested in at this time,,,,,most sailings out of NJ i am unable to price but yes actually i am looking at interiors also!!! very frustrating for sure!! good luck!! 

Jeepchick444

I was able to search interior rooms today!! I haven't checked a lot of sailings but fingers crossed they actually fixed this nonsense.

3 hours ago, uswings said:

Jeepchick444

I was able to search interior rooms today!! I haven't checked a lot of sailings but fingers crossed they actually fixed this nonsense.

thank you so so much for letting me know!! i ended up checking another sailing and booked a balcony yesterday (of course lol)i really wanted to try the promenade interior for something different. i thought maybe those rooms would end up getting booked after so long trying to access them,,,,,best of luck to you hope you can get what you want!!!! 😎

I cleaned out my history on my browser and now the RCCL website comes up in Dutch.  I cannot figure out how to fix it, I don’t speak Dutch.

i tried logging in and my current cruise info comes up in English but if I go to plan a new cruise it’s in Dutch.

2 minutes ago, TinkBellaMom said:

I cleaned out my history on my browser and now the RCCL website comes up in Dutch.  I cannot figure out how to fix it, I don’t speak Dutch.

i tried logging in and my current cruise info comes up in English but if I go to plan a new cruise it’s in Dutch.

Did you clear cookies and cache too?

43 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Did you clear cookies and cache too?

Yes I did.  I just shut my computer down and it fixed it.  Really strange things happen on this website sometimes.  It was weird because my husbands computer was doing the same thing.  One of things that requires a head scratch.

Thanks, Bob

I wonder what is going to happen when Microsoft shuts down support for IE.

For those not in the know, Microsoft is switching the engine behind their Edge browser to use Chromium (what powers Google's Chrome browser).  The current rumor is that when Windows 7 reaches end of life in January 2020, they will also cut support for IE.

Edited by Rewind

27 minutes ago, Rewind said:

I wonder what is going to happen when Microsoft shuts down support for IE.

For those not in the know, Microsoft is switching the engine behind their Edge browser to use Chromium (what powers Google's Chrome browser).  The current rumor is that when Windows 7 reaches end of life in January 2020, they will also cut support for IE.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/17454/lifecycle-faq-internet-explorer

IE is a relatively unsafe browser. It should only be used when absolutely necessary.

Edited by broberts

On 9/1/2017 at 10:08 AM, bryanjaync said:

I have tried different browsers, but just cannot get to the booking site for Royal Caribbean on their web site. Is it me, or does their booking site have issues? any tips ?

It's the story of our lives. I feel like making copies of our passports and snail mailing them to Royal Caribbean, it's a bugger seeing this crap all the time. Whoever their IT staff are, need to be flogged.

Capture.JPG

Anyone else having issues doing mock bookings in CAD?  They added pretty flags to the page where you switch your country, but then the search is forever stuck in USD.  I'd rather be able to price my cruise than see pretty icon.

51 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Anyone else having issues doing mock bookings in CAD?  They added pretty flags to the page where you switch your country, but then the search is forever stuck in USD.  I'd rather be able to price my cruise than see pretty icon.

It was working just a few days ago. Quite frustrating.

• Thanks 1

I am a Diamond member at RCCL.  I have 3 cruises booked this year.  For the first time, when I go online to check in, with my up coming cruise,  48 days to go, , , ,nothing.  I called RCCL and spoke to someone who just said, because you are using Safari, the Royal check in will not work.  I need to use either Explorer or other browser.  Never heard of this,  been checking in online  with safari forever with no problems. Even got rid of all my cookies to no avail.    How crazy is that. 

3 hours ago, Missymo said:

I am a Diamond member at RCCL.  I have 3 cruises booked this year.  For the first time, when I go online to check in, with my up coming cruise,  48 days to go, , , ,nothing.  I called RCCL and spoke to someone who just said, because you are using Safari, the Royal check in will not work.  I need to use either Explorer or other browser.  Never heard of this,  been checking in online  with safari forever with no problems. Even got rid of all my cookies to no avail.    How crazy is that. 

Some people also have good luck with Firefox on Royal's website.

Lately when i go to the website, it is in German. I navigate to the page with the flags on it and I click on the American flag. It switches to English, but then back to German on every page I go to. Have no idea why it suddenly appears in German.

On 3/30/2019 at 3:35 PM, swoopy2110 said:

Do you ever order anything from Amazon?

Silly question....yes...who doesn't...but...Really !!!  You're going to compare Amazon to RCI's online system :classic_wacko::classic_ohmy::classic_laugh: 

4 hours ago, Envelope21 said:

Lately when i go to the website, it is in German. I navigate to the page with the flags on it and I click on the American flag. It switches to English, but then back to German on every page I go to. Have no idea why it suddenly appears in German.

Sorry see previous post 

Edited by TinkBellaMom