Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

I've found that the website works best when:

• I use something other than Google Chrome
  • I DO NOT log onto their site... instead, i just click "already booked" and then click "online check-in"
  • and lastly, if all else fails, I clear my "cookies" before doing everything else.

Good luck!!

I must admit for a corporation that size their website is non functioning at the best of times. Last week when I went to pre-order WIFI for my upcoming cruse - it indicated there was no cruise booked, even though I was on the booking page. You would think with all the people complaining about their website, they would do something.:(:(

I must admit for a corporation that size their website is non functioning at the best of times. Last week when I went to pre-order WIFI for my upcoming cruse - it indicated there was no cruise booked, even though I was on the booking page. You would think with all the people complaining about their website, they would do something.:(:(

It's mind-boggling that they can have these problems for so long and can't/won't fix them.

• Thanks 1

A someone who works in IT for a large company, RCI's terrible web site and lack of support for it is astonishing to me.

They are losing hard dollars from providing such a poorly tested and poorly executed product. It's really baffling to me that they don't seem to take their online access seriously.

• Thanks 1

I know you need to be at the 90 day mark before you can register. However when i log in to cruisue planner i just wind up in there web site Bermuda Triangle. I log in Nd wind up back on a oage just to log in again. I tried this on ios and PC. Same thing happens.

I called RCCL and was told “must be something wrong with all my devices”. Unreal!!!

I had the same issue while checking in for our last cruise. It would not work at all in Chrome. They suggested I switch to Edge and NOT log in. It only worked that way. If I logged in and tried to access check in I got into the loop that goes nowhere. At least the guy waited on the phone to make sure that I was able to complete my check in.

They are losing hard dollars from providing such a poorly tested and poorly executed product. It's really baffling to me that they don't seem to take their online access seriously.

You can bet their bean counters have done the math and fixing the issues is likely to cost more than whatever they are losing.;)

So, I went to print off my Set Sail pass and my luggage tags for a cruise next month (via a link from an RCCL email to me) and got a screen that said "WHOOPS looks like this site has already sailed." I tried to log in directly from the RCCL website instead - same result. I tried again 8 hours later - same. So I can't print anything unless I continue to try and try and try until it works - maybe in a few days. Maybe not.

Other super loyal/employees in disguise RCCL message boards say I'm too negative about the RCCL website and blast me for complaining - but really, this is ridiculous. It's a constant battle to see if I can get in or not. I have to keep trying and sometimes I'm successful.

I have the very latest web browser on my iMac. I've emptied my cache. I've done all the "tricks" that you have to go through to make it work.

My friend who has a Mac couldn't do her set sail pass or print it using Chrome. She used Safari and was able to put in information and print.

So I am logged into my Dashboard, and I have booked pretty much everything I am intending to buy (dinners excursions) for our upcoming Alaskan cruise on the Raidiance. It departs in 49 days. However when I went to the cruise planner it has an

important update:

Due to your cruise vacation departing with the next 2 days, you can no longer Purchase / Reserve / Modify / Cancel products online. Yada Yada.

Good lord. Good thing I finished every thing up last week.

JC

So I am logged into my Dashboard, and I have booked pretty much everything I am intending to buy (dinners excursions) for our upcoming Alaskan cruise on the Raidiance. It departs in 49 days. However when I went to the cruise planner it has an

important update:

Due to your cruise vacation departing with the next 2 days, you can no longer Purchase / Reserve / Modify / Cancel products online. Yada Yada.

Good lord. Good thing I finished every thing up last week.

JC

You could print it out & bring it to the ship with you -- see if they let you board :D:D

We had problems doing our Set Sail Pass and after 2 calls to Royal were told to change from Chrome to Explorer and then we had no problem. We will be doing the 49 day check in stuff in 4 days so it will be interesting to see what server we will have to use.

We will be doing the 49 day check in stuff in 4 days so it will be interesting to see what server we will have to use.

Check in starts at 90 days out, the docs are the ones that show up at 49 days out, usually.

Honestly quite irritated with Royal’s website and phone operators. We’ve encountered many problems with the website ever since first booking our upcoming cruise. I now got off the phone with them because I am unable to complete and print our online check in. What I find most irritating is talking to a Royal employee on the phone who clearly knows nothing about computers and doesn’t understand what I’m talking about when I say I have managed to sign in to online check in - meaning, I am in the account - but there is no link to press other than “what is this?”, so I can’t finish the check in process or print the Set Sail Pass. She couldn’t understand my complaint and said to stop trying because the system will kick me out...again - I’m already in my account, there’s just nothing for me to click on other than “what is this?” and “print paper luggage tags”, those are the only existing links ...I’m not trying to access anything. I know it’s a “new” website - 4 months isn’t new anymore - but the staff isn’t new and should be better trained, and I expect someone whose job it is to assist with the website to be more computer savvy than me - a musician...

And....rant over.

Any advice? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last week we logged in several times to book beverage packages, excursions etc. All went smoothly, even our cruise points and status were correct. I guess it was our lucky week. Logins were on a Kindle Fire.

Anytime you go to buy something on the site, that part works great. And if you put it in your cart and don’t buy it, they email and say did you forget to buy. [emoji23]

I've spent the last few days frustrated at how horrible the RCCL website now is. I wonder what percentage of their revenue comes in from their website, it has to be the majority. And yet, it's a complete ship wreck. You'd think they'd care, but you'd be wrong. Delta's website and technology is just as terrible. I tell people all the time that most of the travel industry has HORRIBLE technology, but then in person they're good.

Time outs on the RCCL are so frustrating this is the first time I went to a TA, just so I don't have to deal with the horrible website.

I wonder what percentage of their revenue comes in from their website, it has to be the majority.

TA bookings are the majority, something like 70%. Plus many people probably call and don't even try to do it online - hence no real pressure to fix it.

Make sure you log out off your RC account. Wait a few minutes. Go to the regular RC web page ... www.royalcaribbean.com Click on 'already booked' and then 'check in'. That is the only way I can get into my reservation to check in.

Thank you so very much!!! This is what finally worked for me using Internet Explorer. Even this trick didn't work with Chrome. I'm all checked in and have my Set Sail Pass and luggage tags printed for my cruise in 6 weeks!!

Last week we logged in several times to book beverage packages, excursions etc. All went smoothly, even our cruise points and status were correct. I guess it was our lucky week. Logins were on a Kindle Fire.

FYI - I have been able to login and click on "Cruise Planner" and purchase beverage packages and excursions and continue to go back to check prices to make sure they haven't gone down. My problem, which I believe was the OP's as well, was not being able to access "Update check-in/SetSail Pass". Fortunately the above recommendation worked for me using IE.

Thank you so very much!!! This is what finally worked for me using Internet Explorer. Even this trick didn't work with Chrome. I'm all checked in and have my Set Sail Pass and luggage tags printed for my cruise in 6 weeks!!

FYI - I have been able to login and click on "Cruise Planner" and purchase beverage packages and excursions and continue to go back to check prices to make sure they haven't gone down. My problem, which I believe was the OP's as well, was not being able to access "Update check-in/SetSail Pass". Fortunately the above recommendation worked for me using IE.

Clearing the cache on Chrome helped me.

I filled out our Online Checkin yesterday. I noticed an anomaly when I reached the point of accepting the cruise contract. You still have to scroll down the complete length of the contract. However, when I did this it would not accept that I had "read" the contract. Even though I read through the contract when I was scrolling down, it would not accept my acknowledgement. I had to select the "print" option for the contract. It then opened a new window with the contract, ready for printing, I then was able to proceed with the acknowledgement in Online Checkin.

Note: I did not actually print the contract, though You could. The act of selecting print was enough to trigger the completion of the checkin.