Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

OMG, I'm losing my mind LOL

Can someone tell me which browser I should be doing mock bookings on?  Every time I choose "Canada", it bumps me back to the US site. Or, if I try to add my province, it freezes and I have to completely close out.  I guess they don't want Canadians on board LOL

I've tried Firefox and Chrome. Is IE better?

24 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

OMG, I'm losing my mind LOL

Can someone tell me which browser I should be doing mock bookings on?  Every time I choose "Canada", it bumps me back to the US site. Or, if I try to add my province, it freezes and I have to completely close out.  I guess they don't want Canadians on board LOL

I've tried Firefox and Chrome. Is IE better?

Use Chrome but do it in Incognito mode.  That works for me... Usually 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...

Can it be that the RCCL and X websites are down for maintenance today?  I just tried going on to each of their websites and got a message that they were undergoing maintenance.  Thought they did that over the weekend.  Is it just me?

Got a message when I logged in earlier today that it would be down for maintenance. I thought it said something about being back up after 1600. Although, it's 1637 and I just tried and it still says "Scheduled Maintenance".

LOL I need to type faster...It's up for me as well. Less than 60 seconds later.

Edited by JennyB1977

Sure this has been asked before but CC search is the difficult.......

Been a while since last sailing on RCCL.....what happened to the C & A web page?  Amenity Selection?  Upgrade Preferences?  Only info in my online account is currently booked cruise info and past cruises......

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, cruiseboys said:

Sure this has been asked before but CC search is the difficult.......

Been a while since last sailing on RCCL.....what happened to the C & A web page?  Amenity Selection?  Upgrade Preferences?  Only info in my online account is currently booked cruise info and past cruises......

Thanks!

Those options were removed as part of Royal's last website improvement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The C&A website like the entire RCI website is seriously lacking. Its hard to find info on the RCI website. I have 2 cruises booked right now. They only way that I know to see the full itinerary detail such as docking times and departure times is with booking info sheet my TA sent me. I have to go to that every time I want to see and be reminded of the full itinerary details. At least I can't find it. 

C&A, I was just looking for how points are tallied or counted and I couldn't even find that. RCI is much too big a corporation to have this bad a website/websites.

4 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

The C&A website like the entire RCI website is seriously lacking. Its hard to find info on the RCI website. I have 2 cruises booked right now. They only way that I know to see the full itinerary detail such as docking times and departure times is with booking info sheet my TA sent me. I have to go to that every time I want to see and be reminded of the full itinerary details. At least I can't find it. 

C&A, I was just looking for how points are tallied or counted and I couldn't even find that. RCI is much too big a corporation to have this bad a website/websites.

Look at your cruise planner. 

Click on calendar

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Look at your cruise planner. 

Click on calendar

Oh wow, great info thanks. You would think the full itinerary would be when you first sign in and see any cruises booked. Thank you very much, I'll check now.

• Like 1

Not sure if it will work for everyone, but I can get into the "old" check-in online page through the UK site using this link: https://secure.royalcaribbean.co.uk/beforeyouboard/boardingDocuments.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=4&snav=3&wuc=GBR

Even if you're too far out to check in, it still lets you into the reservation and still has the "exit and view reservation" option that takes you to the page where you can click on a tab to see your cruise details, including itinerary and the nice little map that seems to have vanished from the US site.

Sailing on Anthem in 2 weeks.  I was looking to do the online Check-in/Set-Sail Pass.  For a while now, and certainly the past few days, it has displayed the message:  "Sorry, there’s been a glitch.  Check-in is currently unavailable, so please try again later."  Later seems to never come.  Is this happening for others?

1 minute ago, fscool said:

Sailing on Anthem in 2 weeks.  I was looking to do the online Check-in/Set-Sail Pass.  For a while now, and certainly the past few days, it has displayed the message:  "Sorry, there’s been a glitch.  Check-in is currently unavailable, so please try again later."  Later seems to never come.  Is this happening for others?

have you tried the typical fixes clear cache, clear cookies, private browsing mode, different browsers?

On 6/1/2019 at 9:37 AM, Tree_skier said:

Use Chrome but do it in Incognito mode.  That works for me... Usually 🙂 

Always use Incognito to check prices, use regular Chrome for Cruise Planner and Check In

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Always use Incognito to check prices, use regular Chrome for Cruise Planner and Check In

If I'm pricing a b2b, I'll use a regular Chrome window to check one cruise, then an incognito window for the second one.  That way I can see all the cabin categories, availability, and prices for both cruises.

I've recently changed my Chrome settings to erase history, cookies, etc, when I close the browser.  It adds a little time when I re-open, but the tracking crap doesn't show up in news feeds and such.  I'll also just not sign into Google if I want:  it's like an easier to read incognito window (hate that black background).

I was browsing and researching for an assisted living center for my MIL, and the next day I went to check Yahoo news, and it was "littered" with assiste living ads!  Annnnnooooooyyyyying

2 minutes ago, pcur said:

I was browsing and researching for an assisted living center for my MIL, and the next day I went to check Yahoo news, and it was "littered" with assiste living ads!  Annnnnooooooyyyyying

You've got to use the private mode all the time.

11 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You've got to use the private mode all the time.

I would if I could change the color scheme.  That black drives me nuts if I have the window open for very long. So, I just clean it out automatically when I close the browser.  Roboform logs me into everything (Google, mail, etc.) in about 3 seconds each, so it's not to inconvenient.