Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

Does RCI consider this version of the website to be the final version. or is it still being worked on - does anyone know please?

We all know that for a multi-million dollar company, their website is pretty rubbish and most of their IT dept need to be fired & replaced by knowledgable people who can actually program - but is this 'it' - the finished 'upgraded' website? :o

Key things for me that need urgently changing / fixing / developing properly are (All my comments refer to the UK site and I am unsure if its the same website Worldwide):

a) It no longer permits me to make a payment on booked cruises. The message when I click 'make a payment' (on the UK website) says ' whoops, looks like that page has sailed'!!!. Even when the page hadn't 'sailed' I clicked 'make a payment' but still had to enter bookending ref, ship, sail date & it didnt do it automatically on the booking you were looking at.

b) permit me to see what C & A welcome onboard gifts we can have, causing me/us to make more work for the poor people by answering phone calls from me (and plenty of others, I'm sure) asking them to list the gifts and make our choice. I find this incredulous in an era when technically savvy company's call centres are being replaced more and more by online queries/self service.

c) It has never shown the cost of the cruise and when payment is due. Yes, I realise its on the booking invoice, but it was handy to see it all in one place and acted as a reminder.

Those are the main things that bug me & I just wondered if anyone knows if RCI have any intention to improve this /provide these options or it this version was the final version?

Thanks in advance :)

Jean

Good points. Whilst I now like the look, pretty pics, countdown clock etc of the new site; I find the ability not to be able to change my C&A preferences on line very frustrating. Surely it would not be that difficult to add this functionality back in.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's the final version, but I sure hope not. It's pathetic. (n)(n)(n) I can't believe they haven't fix all the problems yet. It's such a joke and they are the laughing stock of websites. They seriously shoud hire some 5th graders for their IT.

I hate not been able to check if any HC cabins are available (UK website). You can check if any HC cabins are available on US website.

I don't mind that I cannot book a HC cabin on the UK website but I would like to be able check availability before I travel to town to book the cruise through my TA.

I tried all weekend to print out my information for my upcoming cruises but kept getting error messages. My TA called Royal twice about it, I called once. I was told on Monday to wait until Friday before my problem is fixed.

I am a Crown and Anchor member and I have been looking how to change my pefences (i.e., onboard gifts, upgrades) on the new website and cannot find it. Also I started my check in yesterday morning, but I have not been able to get back in to finish it. Is anyone else having this problem?

I am a Crown and Anchor member and I have been looking how to change my pefences (i.e., onboard gifts, upgrades) on the new website and cannot find it. Also I started my check in yesterday morning, but I have not been able to get back in to finish it. Is anyone else having this problem?

You have to call C&A to set your preferences now.

Also I started my check in yesterday morning, but I have not been able to get back in to finish it. Is anyone else having this problem?

You have to log out, call them to unlock. Then you must enter using the Already Booked link on the main page.

DO NOT log in and use your Dashboard to access. Doing so will not let you in, and will lock your reservation.

has anyone had any issues with online checkin and shore excursion booking lately? I tried a couple days ago and had to call RCCL to get my booking ‘unlocked’ whatever that means, and now i tried to go back in the booking and it looks like its locked again. Is this common or is it just me?

Thx

My online check in, which should have been available at 90 days out, isn't available. I get Whoops, looks like this page has sailed on. It has given it to me since the 90 day mark. Also shows me links that say I can also complete checkin on the APP, I get nothing there either. When I click on my cruise it tells me to check back for cruise detail closer to departure.

Do they perhaps not open the checkin if the cruise isn't paid in full yet? My final pmt isn't quite due yet, so was kind of curious if that could be a hold up?

... Do they perhaps not open the checkin if the cruise isn't paid in full yet? My final pmt isn't quite due yet, so was kind of curious if that could be a hold up?

Nope, you can check-in before being paid in full. Some cruises still have final payment date of 75 days before the cruise and I can still check-in on those at 90 days.

has anyone had any issues with online checkin and shore excursion booking lately? I tried a couple days ago and had to call RCCL to get my booking ‘unlocked’ whatever that means, and now i tried to go back in the booking and it looks like its locked again. Is this common or is it just me?

Thx

Did you use your Dashboard?

If so, that is why it is locked.

Call, get it unlocked, then use the Already Booked link

So, I have been trying to start the check-in online but can't get started. The message is 'this reservation is currently being modified' ( been that way all day). What can they be doing that takes all day? We made final payment a couple of weeks ago.

I had the same problem, was using my Ipad. I then logged in at work and I had not problems. If you are already on a PC try clearing your cookies.

Nope, you can check-in before being paid in full. Some cruises still have final payment date of 75 days before the cruise and I can still check-in on those at 90 days.

Getting into the check in finally worked online anyway. Got everything filled out.

I can't even log in now. I try to login and it just goes to a blank blue screen. I just do not understand why RCI cannot or refuses to fix this website. Why they refuse to develop a world class website that a company of this size should have is beyond me.

I can't even log in now. I try to login and it just goes to a blank blue screen. I just do not understand why RCI cannot or refuses to fix this website. Why they refuse to develop a world class website that a company of this size should have is beyond me.

I can't search for cruises using firefox.

Just logged in and did final payment using my phone. No problems. Did have to write down my booking #. I did book through rccl so I'm not sure that makes a difference to those using ta's

Big difference if booked with a TA, no payments can be made using Royal's website.

Did they specify what year?

I’ve never seen the website, actually in a condition I would call fixed or fully operational

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very funny.

Agree -- the old website wasn't great but it was functional enough.