Soot on Aft Balconies - Britannia

jody75

3 hours ago, Johndavid13 said:

E Deck. I personally wouldn’t stay in an Aft cabin again. it’s a nice location to be in but you do get the inevitable large amounts of soot deposits making it impossible for you to sit out. My wife fell asleep for an hour and woke up with deposits all over her skin and clothing. I personally think if you like spending time on the balcony like we do then forget it. Also the fumes tend to come back into the cabin. The newer ships are now running on liquid petroleum gas which obviously fixes all the problems. 

We’re on B deck so directly under the canopy so hopefully we shouldn’t have the issues you did. I hope you get suitable compensation from P&O as your experience sounds horrible.

39 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

We’re on B deck so directly under the canopy so hopefully we shouldn’t have the issues you did. I hope you get suitable compensation from P&O as your experience sounds horrible.

Thank you. Good luck with your cruise I hope it all works out well for you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

We have B725 booked for 2026 so if you are travelling before then please let us know how you got on.

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

We have B725 booked for 2026 so if you are travelling before then please let us know how you got on.

We have had B726 previously. It’s our favourite cabin on Britannia. Biggest balcony and minimal soot issues with the canopy above 

Another one here who thought this was sorted with the canopies being fitted,obviously not!

In case anybody thinks orherwise this isn't a problem only on Britannia,we sailed on Royal Carib's Quantum Of The Seas in 2019 & her sister ship Anthem OTS in April this year & they both suffered from horrendous soot fall out on the Promenade deck Starboard aft making the sun beds in that area unusable & staining the running track,something which for some reason doesn't get much of a mention anywhere,presumably because it doesn't affect people's personal space.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Another one here who thought this was sorted with the canopies being fitted,obviously not!

In case anybody thinks orherwise this isn't a problem only on Britannia,we sailed on Royal Carib's Quantum Of The Seas in 2019 & her sister ship Anthem OTS in April this year & they both suffered from horrendous soot fall out on the Promenade deck Starboard aft making the sun beds in that area unusable & staining the running track,something which for some reason doesn't get much of a mention anywhere,presumably because it doesn't affect people's personal space.

Our personal space was certainly affected on our aft balcony cabins on Britannia. We normally enjoy spending time on sea days whale watching or relaxing. This was all but impossible on our two week trip due to the constant soot particles raining down on us. After recently writing to PO we have been told that all of their systems were functioning correctly and the scrubbers were doing their job properly. This is absolute rubbish.