What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Booked an ocean view this morning on the Gem July 21st. Haven’t received any emails on bidding/upgrading.

You could try logging into My NCL and see if you have the "Let's Get You Upgraded" ad on the main page. When I booked my cruise on the Gem within the 80 day upgrade window, I received my upgrade email the NEXT day.

I just now got the upgrade ”offer to bid” at 68 days out and it is a joke. Prices have fallen so much that a balcony is now only $10/person more than what I paid for an OV. Being that it is after final payment I can’t very well just rebook for that $10/person extra.

Their beginning poor bid is $50/person....yeah, right.

I always book what I want at a price I can live with so it’s a no-brainer. I caution others to not get caught up in the “excitement” this bidding process might make you feel, lol.

Prices have fallen so much that a balcony is now only $10/person more than what I paid for an OV.

Being that it is after final payment I can’t very well just rebook for that $10/person extra.

thought penalty was waived if you switched to a higher cost room?

I just now got the upgrade ”offer to bid” at 68 days out and it is a joke. Prices have fallen so much that a balcony is now only $10/person more than what I paid for an OV. Being that it is after final payment I can’t very well just rebook for that $10/person extra.

I always book what I want at a price I can live with so it’s a no-brainer. I caution others to not get caught up in the “excitement” this bidding process might make you feel, lol.

Medtech, I've been told you can upgrade with NCL by paying the difference AFTER final payment. Why not give them a call and ask?

Medtech, I've been told you can upgrade with NCL by paying the difference AFTER final payment. Why not give them a call and ask?

Hhhmmm, I’ll call and see after discussing with DH. We have the 170 sq ft. Obstructed OV vs getting another cabin that might be anywhere but with a balcony...

Edited by Medtech2

I just now got the upgrade ”offer to bid” at 68 days out and it is a joke. Prices have fallen so much that a balcony is now only $10/person more than what I paid for an OV. Being that it is after final payment I can’t very well just rebook for that $10/

I did this on our upcoming Alaska cruise. We went from a balcony to PH suite for less than the minimum bid. All I did was call and they charged me the difference. Plus I got the extra free at sea promos I would not have gotten if I had bid and won the upgrade. Call them!

Was just awarded 2Bed Haven (H4) for about $1600 USD total, saved about $3k from paying outright. I bid and paid in Canadian $, so can't give exact amounts in USD

Congrats enjoy

While checking prices I noticed the guarantee mini-suites are going for a whopping $650/person more than my OV and I have a lowest bid option of $75/person for a mini. I went ahead and bid that. Lol, we’ll see.

Was just awarded 2Bed Haven (H4) for about $1600 USD total, saved about $3k from paying outright. I bid and paid in Canadian $, so can't give exact amounts in USD

When is your sailing. I have a bid for the Getaway in late August but from what I'm reading I won't hear anything until the week before.

When is your sailing. I have a bid for the Getaway in late August but from what I'm reading I won't hear anything until the week before.

Bliss Sept 1, I am surprised they awarded so early but the Haven is now sold out (every sailing so far, until Sept 8)

Bliss Sept 1, I am surprised they awarded so early but the Haven is now sold out (every sailing so far, until Sept 8)

Omg I’m on that sailing and I have a bid in. How much if you don’t mind me asking and from what?

Omg I’m on that sailing and I have a bid in. How much if you don’t mind me asking and from what?

So jealous - I had similar bid, I'm in CYPH, whatever that is

probably courtyard penthouse aka H5

Did you book directly with NCL? Their algorithm for assigning upgrades seems to be way more complicated than just $$, would love to see the programming language

probably courtyard penthouse aka H5

Did you book directly with NCL? Their algorithm for assigning upgrades seems to be way more complicated than just $$, would love to see the programming language

Oh, it's still just dollars for sure. But it's total dollars for the entire ship. If taking a low upgrade for one stateroom means they can take a high upgrade for the existing stateroom, the math works out for them. If person A bids $800 to go from an H4 to an H5 and person B bids $1000 to go from an MA to an H5, you might think if it was "just about dollars" that they would take the MA bid. However, if they can only get maybe $200 from someone who bid up to that MA or $600 from someone who bid up to that H5, they will free up the H5 and get a total of $1400. Whereas if they accept person B's bid and then fill their mini-suite, they are only netting $1200. Now extrapolate that out to the whole ship... hundreds of bids and staterooms. Their algorithm is going to figure out how to get the most possible total dollars.

• Like 3

That is approx. $1200 USD at today’s exchange rate. Very interesting that they are already upgrading on the Bliss.

That is approx. $1200 USD at today’s exchange rate. Very interesting that they are already upgrading on the Bliss.

No logic here then. I offered more and it’s the same starting cabin.