What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

We upgraded from Haven courtyard to Haven 2 bedroom minimum bid was $500pp and was done about Feb 10th. Received email this morning.  We were happy with original cabin so that’s why we did minimum. Still cheaper than flying to an island for a week. At least for us.

good luck everyone

• Like 1

While I'm not yet in the bidding window for my upcoming cruise, I noticed the price for Mini Suites had dropped to the same as what I paid for a Balcony.  I called NCL attempting to upgrade, but they said I could not do it because I was already in a guarantee category (BF) and could not upgrade to another guarantee (MC).  The cheapest non-guarantee Mini Suite is $1000 more per person, so it looks like I'm stuck bidding.

Do you consider the fact that SOME people might EMBELLISH the truth to get their point across and make them look like great negotiators? Just because it is on the internet, doesn't mean it is TRUE. Also, if there are more empty cabins on one sailing than on yours, there is a better chance of lower bids being accepted.

24 minutes ago, FPJC03 said:

Do you consider the fact that SOME people might EMBELLISH the truth to get their point across and make them look like great negotiators? Just because it is on the internet, doesn't mean it is TRUE. Also, if there are more empty cabins on one sailing than on yours, there is a better chance of lower bids being accepted.

But that still doesnt help with the customer service agent saying everyone should bid minimum. Are u saying that person is trying to get us all to bid minimum so they win with  higher bid hahahahah. Love it 🙂

2 minutes ago, huntersh2 said:

But that still doesnt help with the customer service agent saying everyone should bid minimum. Are u saying that person is trying to get us all to bid minimum so they win with  higher bid hahahahah. Love it 🙂

I was trying to HELP fellow cruisers by sharing info, which turned out to be completely false and misleading info I had obtained from one customer service agent. As soon as I called back and spoke with another rep, I shared that info in here. If I was trying to fake everyone out I would not have shared the info that I got in the following two phone calls..which was that it’s an auction and obv higher bids are better.

22 minutes ago, Gabby519 said:

I was trying to HELP fellow cruisers by sharing info, which turned out to be completely false and misleading info I had obtained from one customer service agent. As soon as I called back and spoke with another rep, I shared that info in here. If I was trying to fake everyone out I would not have shared the info that I got in the following two phone calls..which was that it’s an auction and obv higher bids are better.

I meant that as a joke Gabby. I believe u 10000% that a customer service person said that to u and u spread the word. I wrote that funny. Sorry

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Well that's just demonstrably false. When you put in/manage bids, you are taken to a website by PlusGrade. PlusGrade is definitely a third-party company based in Canada that handles bidding for RCCL and a bunch of airlines in addition to NCL.

I trust Jaime Logical. I WISH I was Hunter Logical. Love the Name !!

21 minutes ago, huntersh2 said:

I meant that as a joke Gabby. I believe u 10000% that a customer service person said that to u and u spread the word. I wrote that funny. Sorry

No worries! I was just like crap maybe I should never have posted here. I was trying to get others’ opinions on what is going on with this whole system. At least what we already felt like was common else (aka it’s a legit auction) has been confirmed!

GETAWAY March 10 sailing - started midship minisuite. Bid on courtyard haven (min $500 - bid $700), spa haven (min $500 bid $700) and aft haven (min $750 - bid $800). Waiting on one successful bid, hopefully. The first two are in the LOW fair category and the aft is in POOR. 

On 2/18/2019 at 12:08 PM, Gabby519 said:

I’m thinking the people who won with minimum bids are cruising during non-peak times on older (or not the newest ships). Bliss in March is very full and I am trying to not get my hopes

up, but trying to upgrade from mini suite to Haven. Just changed all my bids back. I would not bid minimum. After reading on the plusgrade third party site, their entire purpose is to maximize return on unsold rooms/tickets. Better bid; better chance. 

I agree. If Haven rooms are mostly sold, it would take a higher bid since more people are bidding for the same room.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 7:51 PM, delynn72 said:

Breakaway March 24th. Balcony to spa balcony $160pp. Went from deck 8 to 14. Worth it for us, the Thermal suite is $199 pp. 

Hope you enjoy the spa.

Just got off the Breakaway and was thrilled when we were upgraded to a spa balcony. It was just a shame that the thermal area was so loud that I had to wear noise cancelling headphones on the stone loungers to get some quiet. 

26 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

Hope you enjoy the spa.

Just got off the Breakaway and was thrilled when we were upgraded to a spa balcony. It was just a shame that the thermal area was so loud that I had to wear noise cancelling headphones on the stone loungers to get some quiet. 

It sounds strange but it’s true. The water features in the pool make a lot of noise resulting in people having to raise their voices to have a conversation. This results in a bunch of people literally screaming at each other in addition to the noise from the water fountains and jets. After a while you kind of get used to it. The spa is still a nice experience despite the loudness.

I have been in similar thermal suite on HAL and the idea is that you should relax and BE QUIET! The spa is there to unwind and chill, not to have loud conversations. Just let the waters massage your body and take out the tensions, a real oasis....

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it . . . .Long ago booked an inside guarantee cabin on a Jewel southeast Asia cruise.  Made an upgrade bid of $260 pp (low end of good) for a balcony and notified today my offer was successful.  Nice cabin almost midship (category shows as sold out on website).  Still over a month before sailing (ship departs April 5) but glad to have all my ducks in order since I'll be leaving home to enjoy time in Singapore pre-cruise.   Now I can party like a crazy rich Asian knowing I'm getting my own balcony cabin solo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eggs2Go said:

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it . . . .Long ago booked an inside guarantee cabin on a Jewel southeast Asia cruise.  Made an upgrade bid of $260 pp (low end of good) for a balcony and notified today my offer was successful.  Nice cabin almost midship (category shows as sold out on website).  Still over a month before sailing (ship departs April 5) but glad to have all my ducks in order since I'll be leaving home to enjoy time in Singapore pre-ecruise.   Now I can party like a crazy rich Asian knowing I'm getting my own balcony cabin solo.

Congratulations.  Enjoy your cruise!