What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

3 minutes ago, kabbpres said:

Hi I have a question.  We won a bid total of $ 180.00 but the card was charged 242.00.  We have travel insurance thru NCL is that the upcharge? Thanks 

Yes, it's in the FAQ. Insurance cost goes up to cover the new cabin level/price.

I was searching for Jewel upgrade bids, but I wasn't successful in my search. Does anyone mind posting their bid? Our offer is from an interior to an ocean view, and a balcony. Thanks in advance.

Hey all! 

I have two things I'd like to say. 

First being, I am currently booked in an H5 on the Joy for June 1st. I'm just over 30 days at the moment. I put a bid in for the H2 Deluxe Owners Suite, $800 pp. I'm super happy with my room now, so I lowballed it. IF I win, it's an added bonus i would be through the roof about! I will keep everyone posted... Now, onto the other thing... 

Secondly, I have the Norwegian Dawn booked for July 13th, Interior room. I REALLY want a Balcony, but don't want to overpay. I need some help. i have a current bid of $100 pp in for the Balcony from the Interior. Can everyone who has won a balcony before tell me what they bid around? Yes, I know it varies, and yes I know it's never the same, and yes, I know it can be random, but i'd like just a ballpark area from those who have bid on balconies and won. 

Thanks so much! 

Robbie 

10 minutes ago, romalley99 said:

Hey all! 

I have two things I'd like to say. 

First being, I am currently booked in an H5 on the Joy for June 1st. I'm just over 30 days at the moment. I put a bid in for the H2 Deluxe Owners Suite, $800 pp. I'm super happy with my room now, so I lowballed it. IF I win, it's an added bonus i would be through the roof about! I will keep everyone posted... Now, onto the other thing... 

Secondly, I have the Norwegian Dawn booked for July 13th, Interior room. I REALLY want a Balcony, but don't want to overpay. I need some help. i have a current bid of $100 pp in for the Balcony from the Interior. Can everyone who has won a balcony before tell me what they bid around? Yes, I know it varies, and yes I know it's never the same, and yes, I know it can be random, but i'd like just a ballpark area from those who have bid on balconies and won. 

Thanks so much! 

Robbie 

The Dawn is a small ship and NYC is a popular port to sail out of. I would keep a close eye on inventory and pricing. I sailed on the Gem our of NYC and ended up bidding $350 pp to go from an inside to a balcony last June. May have overpaid a bit, but the day we won our bid (exactly two days before sailing) the ship was down to only 10 balconies across all balcony categories, so I knew we had to bid high. Also, it was still about $250 per person cheaper than if we had booked a balcony outright.

Edited by JamieLogical

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

The Dawn is a small ship and Boston is a popular port to sail out of. I would keep a close eye on inventory and pricing. I sailed on the Gem our of NYC and ended up bidding $350 pp to go from an inside to a balcony last June. May have overpaid a bit, but the day we won our bid (exactly two days before sailing) the ship was down to only 10 balconies across all balcony categories, so I knew we had to bid high. Also, it was still about $250 per person cheaper than if we had booked a balcony outright.

My cruise is from NYC. To Bahamas and Florida, so I'm thinking it's less popular. Last July I bid $1450 pp for Mini Suite to Owners Suite, which i thought was cheap, so I figured I could do the same from Interior to Balcony. What do you think? On the other hand, thank you very much for your input! 

Escape 5/12 to Bermuda. Booked in the SPA Mini (M9). I had two bids in, one for Haven SPA Suite (H9) $1210 PP (3 cabins available as of last night) and the other Haven PH (H5) $910 PP (8 cabins available as of last night).

I checked my upgrade page this morning and the H5 was "Processing" and the H9 was "Expired".

Although now I have to pay $400 for 2 SPA passes, I save a total of $200 in getting the H5.

This will be out first Haven experience.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chris_2448 said:

Escape 5/12 to Bermuda. Booked in the SPA Mini (M9). I had two bids in, one for Haven SPA Suite (H9) $1210 PP (3 cabins available as of last night) and the other Haven PH (H5) $910 PP (8 cabins available as of last night).

I checked my upgrade page this morning and the H5 was "Processing" and the H9 was "Expired".

Although now I have to pay $400 for 2 SPA passes, I save a total of $200 in getting the H5.

Congrats and thanks for posting all of the info.

21 minutes ago, Chris_2448 said:

I found by past experience that "processing" does not necessarily mean your bid has been accepted.

on NCL escape may 5, no bids have been denied or accepted as of today. Weird that they would be doing the next sailing already. all my statuses say PENDING.

2 hours ago, Chris_2448 said:

Edited by shout19661966

3 hours ago, Chris_2448 said:

That would be a sweet deal on the H5 if you get it. I have very similar bids in on our June 9th cruise

6 hours ago, Chris_2448 said:

Congratulations on the Haven.  It is an awesome experience!  Be sure to look at the CC threads on Haven so you have an idea of what to expect.  Butlers, Concierge, Priority,...Oh My!  Enjoy!

7 hours ago, shout19661966 said:

on NCL escape may 5, no bids have been denied or accepted as of today. Weird that they would be doing the next sailing already. all my statuses say PENDING.

Your bids won't be officially denied until 48 hours before sailing, but they may have already been passed over in favor of higher bids.

5 minutes ago, JasonShen said:

May I ask how do people know how many cabins for a specific category/ship/cruise line/date are available? Thanks.

do a mock booking and it will show you the availability of cabins. They only list up to 15 at a time, though, so if there are 15 showing as available, you won't know exactly how many. In reality, even if it is showing just 10, there may be more in the inventory that they have not made available (or are being held by TAs)

Don’t think I have much chance of an upgrade now. Bid £130 from inside to a balcony on the 8 May Spirit sailing from Rome. Inventory showing no balcony’s available for the last 2 weeks. My offer is still showing pending though. I wish they would just put me out of my misery. I will still have a great time whatever.

2 hours ago, alisonslp said:

do a mock booking and it will show you the availability of cabins. They only list up to 15 at a time, though, so if there are 15 showing as available, you won't know exactly how many. In reality, even if it is showing just 10, there may be more in the inventory that they have not made available (or are being held by TAs)

Some TA sites will show more than 15 in a given category. Unfortunately it is against the rules for us to post the addresses of TA sites on this forum.

10 hours ago, Firebhoy said:

Don’t think I have much chance of an upgrade now. Bid £130 from inside to a balcony on the 8 May Spirit sailing from Rome. Inventory showing no balcony’s available for the last 2 weeks. My offer is still showing pending though. I wish they would just put me out of my misery. I will still have a great time whatever.

Don’t forget, other people have made bids which may be accepted, freeing up cabins in your desired category. Keep your fingers crossed. It could still happen.

• Like 2

Hi!  I’m new to this site and fairly new to cruising (one carnival and one previous NCL both over 10 years ago).  We are currently booked on the Star 6/23 out of Venice to the Greek isles. I looked through most of this thread but didn’t see any comments or experiences for that ship.  We are in oceanview with bids on balcony and mini suite.  I know at over 50 days out I still have a long wait to find out about the upgrade...anyone have any bid experiences on the Star to keep me entertained while I wait??