What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

13 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

mine offer just says review it, nothing about accepted or declined, but my sail date isnt till april 21st

Yeah, you won't get any acceptance until the week before your sailing. Assuming NCL doesn't do something hinky, like accept all the bids so you have to take FCC and they can hang onto your cash if you cancel.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Yeah, you won't get any acceptance until the week before your sailing. Assuming NCL doesn't do something hinky, like accept all the bids so you have to take FCC and they can hang onto your cash if you cancel.

This kind of answers what I was about to ask. French Polynesia just put a ban on ships till 4/11..my cruise is 4/17. I can see them upgrading rooms prior to that then having to cancel and keeping that additional for FCC. That said, if we did for some miraculous reason actually sail, I would love the chance for  a balcony instead of an inside room. 
I already took my bid down low once prices had  hit rock bottom, but now wondering if I should just remove it completely..

Do I remove it or take it down to lowest point, and how close to cruise can you actually change it?

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

yeah i kinda feared they may do that for extra cash,. but i didnt withdraw it yet.  

8 minutes ago, Lil Angels said:

My offer went from Pending to Processing and I can not modify it.  I also tried to do another upgrade and it said not eligible. What does that mean?

My bids disappeared and it now says "Not eligible to upgrade" as well. I assume they have closed bidding for my 3/15 sailing? I can't change/cancel my bid, but it also hasn't been accepted or rejected.

8 minutes ago, Lil Angels said:

My offer went from Pending to Processing and I can not modify it.  I also tried to do another upgrade and it said not eligible. What does that mean?

I think that means you were granted it but ncl hasn’t sent you a congrats email. Mine has been stuck with One pending and the rest expired since 3pm. 

Just now, tracyfitzs said:

I think that means you were granted it but ncl hasn’t sent you a congrats email. Mine has been stuck with One pending and the rest expired since 3pm. 

Thank you, I just got this email and if I am reading it correctly, we got the upgrade and they just haven't finished processing it yet.  If I received it I would like to know so I can cancel the priority access that I paid for.  I have until 11:59 pm to do that. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

You may revise or cancel your Offer through the hyperlink on the offer email before 48 hours of your departure, provided that your Offer has not already been accepted by Norwegian Cruise Line. The processing status means that your bid has been selected for an upgrade and is in the processing queue, therefore it cannot be modified at this time. You will be notified via email once the upgrade has been attempted.

Have a great day,

Upgrade Advantage

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lil Angels said:

Thank you, I just got this email and if I am reading it correctly, we got the upgrade and they just haven't finished processing it yet.  If I received it I would like to know so I can cancel the priority access that I paid for.  I have until 11:59 pm to do that. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

You may revise or cancel your Offer through the hyperlink on the offer email before 48 hours of your departure, provided that your Offer has not already been accepted by Norwegian Cruise Line. The processing status means that your bid has been selected for an upgrade and is in the processing queue, therefore it cannot be modified at this time. You will be notified via email once the upgrade has been attempted.

Have a great day,

Upgrade Advantage

Yes mine is processing now too.  Looks like we may have won! what cruise are you on?  I am on 3/15 EPIC, the one I have showing processing is a 2 bedroom and I bid the min. $600.

3 minutes ago, tracyfitzs said:

Yes mine is processing now too.  Looks like we may have won! what cruise are you on?  I am on 3/15 EPIC, the one I have showing processing is a 2 bedroom and I bid the min. $600.

That's awesome! Congrats! I am on 3/15 Joy. I bid on the Haven Penthouse Suite with Balcony. I was trying to bid on the Haven aft Balcony today but was lockout.  I was going to bid the min for that at $600.  Let me know when you get your congrats email.

This is a very strange situation for me. Site now says I am "Not eligible to upgrade"... no email confirming/denying my bid... no charge to my credit card. I guess I just sit and wait? I assume that had my bid been denied, I would receive the declination email like I did on past sailings. TA site still shows six B9s available (that's the category I bid on).

14 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

This is a very strange situation for me. Site now says I am "Not eligible to upgrade"... no email confirming/denying my bid... no charge to my credit card. I guess I just sit and wait? I assume that had my bid been denied, I would receive the declination email like I did on past sailings. TA site still shows six B9s available (that's the category I bid on).

I am wondering if they are planning on cancelling cruises like Princess?

Lil angels and Tracy fits, suggest going to your ncl account and seeing if you have a new cabin assignment yet, what has happened to me a couple times is I received the email that I was upgraded, but never received another email with cabin assignment, but going to ncl account yep had my new cabin no problem and credit card was charged, this happened to me two out of four of my awarded upgrades, enjoy your trips but be safe!

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I am in the same position.  We are due to sail Sunday on the Dawn.  A person on my roll call had their offer accepted from an inside to balcony today.  A colleague from work is sailing this weekend from Miami and got her upgrade accepted today.  We put a bid on an balcony and a suite.  No emails.  Site also says “Not eligible to upgrade” as well.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by Lucie73821

24 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Lil angels and Tracy fits, suggest going to your ncl account and seeing if you have a new cabin assignment yet, what has happened to me a couple times is I received the email that I was upgraded, but never received another email with cabin assignment, but going to ncl account yep had my new cabin no problem and credit card was charged, this happened to me two out of four of my awarded upgrades, enjoy your trips but be safe!

Thanks, just checked and nothing has changed yet.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, spanishguy1970 said:

We canceled ours. We still have our reservation but are now 80% sure we wont go, so no bidding for us. I went to my account again today and it said not eligible to bid....hmmmmm

If you canceled, why would you still have access to bid? Also when is the cruise for? We may cancel also. Are you getting $ back or FCC? Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Beachmomm said:

If you canceled, why would you still have access to bid? Also when is the cruise for? We may cancel also. Are you getting $ back or FCC? Thanks!

We were going to cancel our cruise but our TA told us to wait a while, our cruise leaves out of NYC emergency area and arrives in Seattle so we are holding on to see if they cancel.  We have up to 48 hours to cancel, Is on the Bliss for 21 days on April 19. She told us if we cancel now, we would get FCC that we could use for our October cruise which we will keep for now. I believe you get taxes back as refund to credit card. WE bought the spa pass and she said that would be refunded to us to our credit card as well but the cruise itself would be FCC...I hope that helps.

So technically we are 38 days out and when i went to the bidding it stated " not eligible to bid" if may be a glitch who knows.

P.S sorry i should have said, we were going to cancel but we decided to hold on, a while longer.

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, spanishguy1970 said:

We were going to cancel but our TA told us to wait a while. our cruise leaves out of NYC emergency area and arrives in Seattle. So we are holding on to see if they cancel this cruise either way we will cancel. We have up to 48 hours to do so. Is on the Bliss for 21 days on April 19. She told us if we cancel now, we would get FCC that we could use for our October cruise which we will keep for now. I believe you get taxes back as refund to credit card. WE bought the spa pass and she said that would be refunded to us to our credit card as well but the cruise itself would be FCC...I hope that helps.

So technically we are 38 days out and when i went to the bidding it stated " not eligible to bid" if may be a glitch who knows.

So if you canceled now it would just be a FCC.  If they cancel, would be $/refund back and taxes refunded also?

thanks! Trying to figure out what to do as well🙁

Mine is still stuck in processing no credit card charge or change on NCL site. Cruise leaves Sunday. 

For what it’s worth, my wife and I were on Getaway, departing NOLA on 3/1. We received an new Confirmation email from NCL at 1:00 pm on Friday 2/28 that reflected our upgrade, revised charges etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beachmomm said:

So if you canceled now it would just be a FCC.  If they cancel, would be $/refund back and taxes refunded also?

thanks! Trying to figure out what to do as well🙁

yes, that's what she said and probably some other incentive if they are the ones who cancel but that's big big maybe. Who knows at this stage what NCL will do. We have up to 48 hours before the cruise to cancel so nothing to lose at this point.

• Like 1