What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Those of you that are having issues with the bid amounts changing back and forth every minute, are you changing your bids back and forth also?  I have been changing them, because at times they are actually below poor, not even at the minimum level and then the next time I look the same bid is above the excellent (max) bid.  So, I wonder what the real bid range is.  With my luck, the bids will be awarded the minute all my bids are poor.  

So I have a question.  Several weeks ago I received the "Lets get you upgraded" offer.  I did my bidding, even got the confirmation email from NCL that showed my bids.  Now when I log in to the website it keeps showing the "Lets get you upgraded" banner but I understand this is a bug.  When on that website where can I go to view my bids?  If I wanted to lower, increase or cancel my bid, or just view it, where would I go?

3 minutes ago, awreaper said:

So I have a question.  Several weeks ago I received the "Lets get you upgraded" offer.  I did my bidding, even got the confirmation email from NCL that showed my bids.  Now when I log in to the website it keeps showing the "Lets get you upgraded" banner but I understand this is a bug.  When on that website where can I go to view my bids?  If I wanted to lower, increase or cancel my bid, or just view it, where would I go?

Actually, I don't think that's a bug.  I think that's meant to happen.  If you click the link in that banner, it will take you back to the bidding website.  From there you can view, modify or cancel your bids as you see fit.

19 hours ago, goin-away said:

The do it - we went from Aft Balcony to Owners Suite last Thanksgiving on the Gem.

Some TA's don't participate and I've also heard of some people who didn't get the email but it shows up on their MyNCL account.

Hey, quick question. When you went from aft balcony to owners suite last thanksgiving, how soon did they let you know you were upgraded? It would seem that holiday cruises fill up in the suite categories. We are facing this same situation over new years on the POA. Currently booked in an aft facing balcony - which we understand is best in balcony category (but it's still not big enough for us) and we have four pending bids in suite categories. All suites are currently showing up as sold out including on other vendor sites. But it's been that way for a while. Still our bids are pending. Thoughts? Thanks!!!

That did it!  Thanks for the help.  It was user error as usual.  🙂

They added some additional upgrade offers to my list which appeared at the top of the list and the sliders showed that I had not bid on them yet.  I saw those and 'assumed' that the rest were not showing my bids when in fact they were.  

Edited by awreaper
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, clover18 said:

Hey, quick question. When you went from aft balcony to owners suite last thanksgiving, how soon did they let you know you were upgraded? It would seem that holiday cruises fill up in the suite categories. We are facing this same situation over new years on the POA. Currently booked in an aft facing balcony - which we understand is best in balcony category (but it's still not big enough for us) and we have four pending bids in suite categories. All suites are currently showing up as sold out including on other vendor sites. But it's been that way for a while. Still our bids are pending. Thoughts? Thanks!!!

Booked balcony mini suite in March 

in September started bidding 

two weeks ago we got notice we got the owners suite

Last week they sent me the new luggage tags in the mail

we sail this Sunday 

3 minutes ago, Weluv2fish said:

Booked balcony mini suite in March 

in September started bidding 

two weeks ago we got notice we got the owners suite

Last week they sent me the new luggage tags in the mail

we sail this Sunday 

Aw. Thanks. Have a great trip!

5 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

You definitely do not get additional Free at Sea perks when upgrading from a lower category into the Haven. You do, however, get the benefits of a Haven room like butler, concierge, access to the Haven restaurant, etc. It's the same with all upgrades. You get any additional benefits of the ROOM (like spa access if upgrading into a spa mini-suite, for instance), but you do not get any additional Free at Sea promos.

I’m sure there are “reasons” (mostly that there is a discount on the cabin), but since various posts over time can be in error on details, I had not paid a lot of attention. But even with the upgrade there is the greater amount per day for gratuity and gratuity for the concierge in addition to the butler gratuity and I had wanted to make sure the poster was also aware of those (and the possibly of more if the free extras applied). We get those messages for the upgrades occasionally for the 3 br villa and I just laugh and laugh and laugh 😆 😬 

Has anyone else experienced discrepancies in the number of rooms available when comparing the NCL site to other websites?

NCL seems to currently show H9's as "not available" whereas two other sites show three rooms available, and I'm not sure what that means. 

I'm obsessively tracking the data leading up to our sailing on the Escape on 12/21 as if that's somehow going to tell me early if my bids have a chance, haha. All in good fun! 

I check rooms on the NCL website and sometimes they are sold out and hours later they are back available. I think you can start a booking and you can "hold" a room for a period of time.  

Is anyone else thinking that the office staff will be closed today and tomorrow, so there wouldn't be any bid action until Monday at the earliest?  ugh, the waiting is killing me.

1 hour ago, chars said:

I check rooms on the NCL website and sometimes they are sold out and hours later they are back available. I think you can start a booking and you can "hold" a room for a period of time.  

Is anyone else thinking that the office staff will be closed today and tomorrow, so there wouldn't be any bid action until Monday at the earliest?  ugh, the waiting is killing me.

The word on these boards is that the company handling the bidding process is in Canada - our Thanksgiving was in October making today and tomorrow business as usual... so there could very well be "bid action" over your holiday. Good luck!

Edited by JillK
  • Like 2

Greetings to all, and Happy Thanksgiving (in the US).

I'm 8 days out, and still "pending" on both my bids. I'm beginning to think NCL is doing his to me on purpose, just to raise my stress level - so that once I board I can really, really relax.  🙂

Please continue to keep your fingers crossed for me.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jkburns said:

Greetings to all, and Happy Thanksgiving (in the US).

I'm 8 days out, and still "pending" on both my bids. I'm beginning to think NCL is doing his to me on purpose, just to raise my stress level - so that once I board I can really, really relax.  🙂

Please continue to keep your fingers crossed for me.

Feeling the same here, but am at 17 days out.  Our sailing has a lot of availability across most categories, so pretty sure they are going to wait until the very end, just to get the extra bid income, as opposed to shifting passengers earlier to open up availability in certain categories.  

Lately, it seemed - based on limited reporting & partial "datasets" provided by others here, PlusGrade has been processing the bids a little differently, or, maybe not ... unless someone has true & verified insider's info.  On our recent Escape sailing, my BIL's (higher than ours) bid from Inside to Balcony was accepted for processing & upgraded about 12 or 13 days out (beddings for 3) whereas ours were pending, until 53 or 54 hours before sailaway (just 2 days+ short & hours before the final cutoff to process or "expired") from Inside to Oceanview (and just 2 of us)  Both of us had our chosen stateroom, mid-ship deck location ... it was practically down to the wires & final countdown, testing our patience.  Also, I stick with our offered amount, did NOT change or raise it.  

They seemed to process & upgrade those in Haven, then the Spa, followed by Minis ... then, they come back on another sweep to do the Balconies & lower as it get closer.

We have a longer sailing itinerary coming up in early January, considered to be a slow & off-peak period ... bids are "pending" & submitted around the 50 days mark, not expecting to see anything for several more weeks, and, Haven prices for new booking had dropped, others on the Roll Call are "in" for their odds.  For the same dollar amount as we typically "offer" to NCL, instead of borderline between Poor & Fair, at least one of them is higher in the Fair zone - but, the needles seemed to be swinging a little, could be a just a glitch or "bug".  We shall see ... and, Latitude Insider's Offer still available ... including the 20% off & Double Points, very interesting one to track - will post details & specifics later on.  

Roll the dices and take one's chances with what's comfortable & good for one's wishes.  

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 6:41 PM, Sweetnspicy said:

I am on the Gem on 1/20-1/27 and as far as I can see no one has been offered an upgrade bid (from the roll call or this forum) we are 62 days out and with mock bookings I see plenty available for all state rooms across the board. Im interested to see if anyone is offered a bid upgrade for our sailing.

Well speak and then things happen! I received an upgrade notice on NCL just hours after I posted this. My options are as follows;

Haven 3 bedroom Garden Villa
Haven Deluxe Owners Suite H2 and H3

Haven 2 bedroom Villa H4

Haven Penthouse H5

2 bedroom Family Suite SC

Penthouse with Large Balcony SE and SF

Mini Suite 

The only one I am interested in is the SE/SF. Poor bids start at $300. Hmmmm....

We received the upgrade bid offer 80 days from sailing. We are booked in an interior and we were allowed to bid on window and balcony. I did place a bid for a balcony, but passed on a window upgrade. I went back today to check my bid and now we have the option to bid on a spa balcony too. That wasn’t an option last week. I placed a bid on that one too. Keeping my fingers crossed.

4 minutes ago, TT1992 said:

Has anyone been upgraded on Epic for 12/5?

Yes.  We put in a bid for each of the categories we were offered and went from inside to balcony.  The other two couples traveling with us also bid on balconies and got them.  They bid earlier and were upgraded earlier than us, but ours was accepted within a week or so of placing the bids.  We got our upgrade about two weeks ago.  Counting the days...

20 hours ago, Sweetnspicy said:

Well speak and then things happen! I received an upgrade notice on NCL just hours after I posted this. My options are as follows;

Haven 3 bedroom Garden Villa
Haven Deluxe Owners Suite H2 and H3

Haven 2 bedroom Villa H4

Haven Penthouse H5

2 bedroom Family Suite SC

Penthouse with Large Balcony SE and SF

Mini Suite 

The only one I am interested in is the SE/SF. Poor bids start at $300. Hmmmm....

The way I bid was to go online and see the difference in what you have and what you want.  I made the half way amount the highest I would go.  Good luck!

11 minutes ago, fridaythe13th said:

The way I bid was to go online and see the difference in what you have and what you want.  I made the half way amount the highest I would go.  Good luck!

Same here I wanted to make sure I got a real Deal.  If not. I could have paid more and for sure got the room we wanted 

we are so blessed to have got the owners suite with double balcony for half of what actual price  it books for 

On 11/21/2018 at 12:48 PM, clover18 said:

We were notified fairly early - 60-50 days out.  Our next cruise we only got the upgrade confirmation last Friday and we sail this Sunday, so 9 days out.