What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

I had posted in the past that my TA doesn't participate in the program.  I called her recently and asked about the "Royal Up" program similar to NCL.  She stated that they do participate but not everyone gets an email.  There is the "Let's Get You Upgraded" banner on NCL, but nothing on RC so you have to wait for an email.

4 hours ago, jkburns said:

This just in: Both our bids are now marked, "Expired". I bid. I failed. I sail this Saturday anyway!

Boo! Sorry you didn't get your upgrade. Hoping you have a wonderful cruise all the same :classic_smile:

8 hours ago, zqvol said:

We had a standard balcony. I bid $200 pp to upgrade to a spa mini suite (in other words the I bid the cost of the spa pass) and we got the upgrade. Getaway 12-9-18

Congrats! We're on the same sailing hoping to upgrade from Oceanview to Balcony. I know it could take until 48 hours before sailing, but knowing they're doing upgrades for our date, I'll be checking like a crazy lady.

Looks like some Haven and Spa inventory moved out for the Escape 12/21 today. Specifically the H2 and a few B9's but no way to say if they were upgrades or just a result of the price going down a little bit in the last few days. Ill continue to diligently keep watch though as I'm finding keeping up with the spreadsheet to be half the fun! 

48 minutes ago, megaphone84 said:

Looks like some Haven and Spa inventory moved out for the Escape 12/21 today. Specifically the H2 and a few B9's but no way to say if they were upgrades or just a result of the price going down a little bit in the last few days. Ill continue to diligently keep watch though as I'm finding keeping up with the spreadsheet to be half the fun! 

The H2 seems to still be available on the NCL site.

Breakaway - 10 day W. Caribbean out of New Orleans - sailing Dec. 6-16

Originally booked a GTY inside stateroom (assigned an ID on deck 12) for $499pp

Bid $165 for both Spa Balcony and Balcony

Just checked and bid for Spa Balcony had expired, and bid for Balcony is processing - 6 days prior to sailing.  Not sure what category we'll be assigned yet as it's not showing up on e-docs or email yet.

We are on the 12/9 Getaway booked in an Oceanview and just this morning saw that our offer for a Balcony Stateroom is processing. Our bid was $100.

We're first timers with NCL, so maybe we overbid at $100, but it's much better than the $400 they wanted for a balcony when we initially booked.

1 minute ago, jc822 said:

We are on the 12/9 Getaway booked in an Oceanview and just this morning saw that our offer for a Balcony Stateroom is processing. Our bid was $100.

We're first timers with NCL, so maybe we overbid at $100, but it's much better than the $400 they wanted for a balcony when we initially booked.

Any bid you're comfortable with isn't an overbid, IMO.  Upgrading to a balcony room for $100/pp sounds like a steal to me.  Congrats!

Anyone on the 2/16/19 norwegian bliss cruise out of miami get an upgrade offer? We went through a travel agency but haven't gotten an email or seen a banner when logging into ncl.  Maybe our TA doesn't participate in the upgrade program? Or does everyone on board get the chance to bid? It's 78 days out so it's early but really wanted to try bidding on a haven from our midship balcony. The Haven suites and "experience" sound amazing

2 minutes ago, travelhound12 said:

Anyone on the 2/16/19 norwegian bliss cruise out of miami get an upgrade offer? We went through a travel agency but haven't gotten an email or seen a banner when logging into ncl.  Maybe our TA doesn't participate in the upgrade program? Or does everyone on board get the chance to bid? It's 78 days out so it's early but really wanted to try bidding on a haven from our midship balcony. The Haven suites and "experience" sound amazing

I am on the Bliss out of Miami on 2/2/19 and I received my upgrade email/banner at exactly 80 days out. My guess is that if you aren't seeing them by now, then your TA does not participate.

Looks like they handed out a few more ugrades today for the 12/9/18 sailing on the Escape.  We did not score an upgrade to the Haven when the majority were handed out yesterday.  There were 1 to 6 rooms available for the four cabin types we originally bid on, so we upped one of our bids by 50% ( cabin type with most rooms available), but bid was still on the low side of a “fair” bid...and lo and behold, the upgrade fairies smiled on us to day.  Moving from an Aft Balcony to Haven Penthouse.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wizpharm2 said:

Looks like they handed out a few more ugrades today for the 12/9/18 sailing on the Escape.  We did not score an upgrade to the Haven when the majority were handed out yesterday.  There were 1 to 6 rooms available for the four cabin types we originally bid on, so we upped one of our bids by 50% ( cabin type with most rooms available), but bid was still on the low side of a “fair” bid...and lo and behold, the upgrade fairies smiled on us to day.  Moving from an Aft Balcony to Haven Penthouse.

Congrats!

There are only 9 Haven cabins left on our sailing for 1/12, I don't think we will be as lucky.

17 minutes ago, Wizpharm2 said:

Encouraging.  We are on the 12/29 POA sailing which shows no Available Suites. However, we are in an aft-facing balcony And a few weeks ago I talked to our personal consultant who said that some suites may end up opening closer to sailing date.  My hunch is that people in aft facing balcony have the best chance of upgrading on full cruises because they are in a desirable category already. Congrats! Keeping our fingers crossed. 

Just now, clover18 said:

Encouraging.  We are on the 12/29 POA sailing which shows no Available Suites. However, we are in an aft-facing balcony And a few weeks ago I talked to our personal consultant who said that some suites may end up opening closer to sailing date.  My hunch is that people in aft facing balcony have the best chance of upgrading on full cruises because they are in a desirable category already. Congrats! Keeping our fingers crossed. 

I sure hope you're right! We are also in an aft facing balcony.

4 minutes ago, clover18 said:

Of interest, there were 8 Aft Balcony open this morning, now there are 10.  All other balconies, and all inside and ocean view cabins now only show as GYT or Sailawys.

3 minutes ago, Wizpharm2 said:

Of interest, there were 8 Aft Balcony open this morning, now there are 10.  All other balconies, and all inside and ocean view cabins now only show as GYT or Sailawys.

Well if they fill them in order,  it would go to fellow that the suites Would be filled by people currently in balconies, which would open up more Balconies for people in ocean views, and so forth. If you are going to “get the call” you would probably be notified first to upgrade to a suite, and you will probably be notified last to upgrade from an inside.

I'm on the 12/5 Epic (5 days away! yay!)
I paid $399 for a guaranteed inside. I bid 160 each for a balcony and got it. We went up to the 13th floor and have a family balcony right in the middle of the ship.
$559 for a 10 night cruise with a balcony cabin...and the 4 kids are staying home with Grandma 😄

• Like 2

I was booked in an inside (guarantee) -  sailing on the NCL Dawn, from Puerto Rico on Dec 6 (10 days) and bid only $150 per person for a balcony. ($300/day bid upgrade total). I was just awarded the upgrade to mid-ship balcony on deck 10. Very nice area. 

And I have not lost any of the perks (all 5 that were awarded because I booked a latitudes special when I booked the inside cabin)

I'm very happy with the arrangement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happycruiserhw said:

I was booked in an inside (guarantee) -  sailing on the NCL Dawn, from Puerto Rico on Dec 6 (10 days) and bid only $150 per person for a balcony. ($300/day bid upgrade total). I was just awarded the upgrade to mid-ship balcony on deck 10. Very nice area. 

And I have not lost any of the perks (all 5 that were awarded because I booked a latitudes special when I booked the inside cabin)

I'm very happy with the arrangement.

Congrats! Unless my upgrade invoice was wrong, your bid is per person for the whole cruise, not per person per day. I apologize if I just called out a typo, but thought you’d appreciate good news if you were under the impression it was per day.

10 hours ago, kambriat said:

Breakaway - 10 day W. Caribbean out of New Orleans - sailing Dec. 6-16

Originally booked a GTY inside stateroom (assigned an ID on deck 12) for $499pp

Bid $165 for both Spa Balcony and Balcony

Just checked and bid for Spa Balcony had expired, and bid for Balcony is processing - 6 days prior to sailing.  Not sure what category we'll be assigned yet as it's not showing up on e-docs or email yet.

The balcony rate is only $100  more than what you paid.    (assuming your bid was $165pp)