What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

10 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I am on the Bliss out of Miami on 2/2/19 and I received my upgrade email/banner at exactly 80 days out. My guess is that if you aren't seeing them by now, then your TA does not participate.

That's disappointing.  Guess I'll stick with my midship balcony.  Thanks for the update!

Just got our upgrade notice today --in the second round of upgrades to the Haven (first was 11 days out, and ours today, at 9 days out) for the 12/9 Escape sailing. Before the first round, there were 50 Haven cabins available.  Lots of people in a social media group for the sailing were upgraded in the first round -- seems to have been balcony cabins from the upper price range -- afts, large balconies, as well as from mini-suites.  We decided to up our bids on several Haven categories.  Today we got the notice of upgrade  from our BF balcony to a 2bdrm Haven for $1260 pp.  Was a larger bid than we planned originally, but only about $150 pp more than others we know who went from B4 to an aft Haven same sailing, without paying the extra for the balcony cabin we started with.    WAs also just a bit less overall, than we paid for a 5 day cruise in an OS on another line.  So we are really happy with the deal and can't wait to embark!

12 hours ago, travelhound12 said:

Anyone on the 2/16/19 norwegian bliss cruise out of miami get an upgrade offer? We went through a travel agency but haven't gotten an email or seen a banner when logging into ncl.  Maybe our TA doesn't participate in the upgrade program? Or does everyone on board get the chance to bid? It's 78 days out so it's early but really wanted to try bidding on a haven from our midship balcony. The Haven suites and "experience" sound amazing

I went 10/8/2017 on the Breakaway through a travel agency rec'd an upgrade email 80 days out.

Went on the Pearl 8/13/2018 through a travel agency rec'd an upgrade email 80 days out.

Going on the Escape 1/6/2019. No upgrade email rec'd. I called NCL customer service and rec'd an upgrade email 10 minutes later.

We still have 93 days till our cruise and we are hoping we have the chance to upgrade when the time comes. We are going on the Dawn on 3/3 and the port we leave from is San Juan. We were wondering what the chance of upgrading from an inside room to a balcony on that cruise is and how much it would roughly be? Also, if anyone has done this cruise and has done an upgrade like this please let us know!

Thanks ! 

44 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Just got our upgrade notice today --in the second round of upgrades to the Haven (first was 11 days out, and ours today, at 9 days out) for the 12/9 Escape sailing. Before the first round, there were 50 Haven cabins available.  Lots of people in a social media group for the sailing were upgraded in the first round -- seems to have been balcony cabins from the upper price range -- afts, large balconies, as well as from mini-suites.  We decided to up our bids on several Haven categories.  Today we got the notice of upgrade  from our BF balcony to a 2bdrm Haven for $1260 pp.  Was a larger bid than we planned originally, but only about $150 pp more than others we know who went from B4 to an aft Haven same sailing, without paying the extra for the balcony cabin we started with.    WAs also just a bit less overall, than we paid for a 5 day cruise in an OS on another line.  So we are really happy with the deal and can't wait to embark!

That’s exactly what we bid last year for our Breakaway upgrade our of NYC. We were surprised to get the Haven two bedroom. Our first Haven experience was in 2016 in a courtyard suite and it was amazing.

Our first NCL cruise and we bid for upgrades on 2 rooms. Our adult kids were upgraded from an Inside to an OV for our NYE cruise (we weren't expecting much given the date). The OV is better but the location of the inside was better. We thought they would offer the upgrade and we could have the final yes or no. We didn't read the details I suppose. Luckily we aren't that picky,  so the kids will take the window and be happy. 🙂 Bon voyage!

Edited by Martini Mom

Hello,

In regards to those that either received or have not received an upgrade offer;

Have those that have received an upgrade offer, before you received an offer, did you also also purchase some kind of precruise NCL upgrade, (ie extra dining package, thermal pass, travel protection through NCL, etc)?

For those that didn't receive an upgrade offer, same question but reversed.

I was thinking back to when I've received an NCL upgrade offers and when I had not.

So on my last NCL cruise in Sept 2018 I had purchased additional SDP meals and also received an upgrade offer.

For my next cruise I have not purchased any additional upgrades and have also not received an upgrade offer yet and we're almost at the 30 days to depart mark.

2 hours ago, Cwipes said:

Hello,

Have those that have received an upgrade offer, before you received an offer, did you also also purchase some kind of precruise NCL upgrade, (ie extra dining package, thermal pass, travel protection through NCL, etc)?

I was thinking back to when I've received an NCL upgrade offers and when I had not.

So on my last NCL cruise in Sept 2018 I had purchased additional SDP meals and also received an upgrade offer.

For my next cruise I have not purchased any additional upgrades and have also not received an upgrade offer yet and we're almost at the 30 days to depart mark.

Last year I hadn't pre purchased anything and this year I have, received an offer to bid both times. 

2 hours ago, Cwipes said:

Hello,

I’ve booked a Guaranteed Balcony on Breakaway for 12/6 (I.e sail away) thru NCL and chose to get travel protection and prepay the service charges. I got an upgrade offer not long after I booked late September. Waiting to hear about my offer on Spa Minisuite (bid minimum back in October and it was pending so I went ahead and upped it a little yesterday...still pending). 

Edit: I wanna say when I booked my March cruise on Sky and did travel protection only I got offers too? I did not bid then. This is my first time bidding.

Edited by fbhorn

On 11/30/2018 at 6:03 PM, jc822 said:

Congrats! Unless my upgrade invoice was wrong, your bid is per person for the whole cruise, not per person per day. I apologize if I just called out a typo, but thought you’d appreciate good news if you were under the impression it was per day.

You are correct -- I meant per person (150/ pp)  so $300 total for the trip.

Calling out the typo was fine. 🙂

7 hours ago, Tw in OR said:

Do they assign GTY cabins first, or process bids first?

Probably depends on when the GTY is booked. They assign GTYs in blocks frequently well before upgrade bids are processed. But I imagine if you book last minute, the order might change.

3 minutes ago, traelee01 said:

We got our guaranteed cabin assignment about 5 or 6 weeks out then got the upgrade at exactly 30 days out, moving up a few floors. And yay! I sail in 2 days 🙂

@traelee01  I think that is the first of the two unique 10 day itineraries for the Epic? We are on the second one in Jan! Can’t wait I to hear how it goes, would love to have those dailies (I’m a planner) if you wouldn’t mind! Happy sailing, keep my seat warm!!! 

Lynn

2 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

@traelee01  I think that is the first of the two unique 10 day itineraries for the Epic? We are on the second one in Jan! Can’t wait I to hear how it goes, would love to have those dailies (I’m a planner) if you wouldn’t mind! Happy sailing, keep my seat warm!!! 

Lynn

We are on the 11 day right before you, I would also love to see them 🙂

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, timf2001 said:

Linking to travel agent sites is not permitted on CruiseCritic, but consider using Google and you should be able to find it.

At this inventory site cru con , how do you see the inventory for any given cruise? I did a search for my cruise but it gives you basically the same top 10 cabins available for the category, basically showing the same thing NCL shows on a mock booking.

4 minutes ago, Chris_2448 said:

At this inventory site cru con , how do you see the inventory for any given cruise? I did a search for my cruise but it gives you basically the same top 10 cabins available for the category, basically showing the same thing NCL shows on a mock booking.

If there are fewer than 15 rooms, it will show the same rooms as a mock booking on NCL. It's only helpful when there are more than 15 rooms available in a given category. 

13 minutes ago, spacedaisy said:

If there are fewer than 15 rooms, it will show the same rooms as a mock booking on NCL. It's only helpful when there are more than 15 rooms available in a given category. 

Thanks. I figured it out. The category I was looking at H9 only has 13 cabins so I guess it was showing me all 11 left. I looked at a cheaper category and saw about 60.  

Edited by Chris_2448

If you can change your offer up to 48hrs prior to departure, but they have up to 48 hours prior to departure to send acceptance notices...does that mean that you could hypothetically get notified AT 48hrs prior to departure? How often does this happen and is it worth upping your bid (or placing a ne bid on another category) say 49hrs before departure? 

My cruise sails Thursday so I am getting anxious!! Wondering if I should bid on spa balcony in addition to spa mini but would rather have the mini...

Edited by fbhorn

29 minutes ago, fbhorn said:

If you can change your offer up to 48hrs prior to departure, but they have up to 48 hours prior to departure to send acceptance notices...does that mean that you could hypothetically get notified AT 48hrs prior to departure? How often does this happen and is it worth upping your bid (or placing a ne bid on another category) say 49hrs before departure? 

My cruise sails Thursday so I am getting anxious!! Wondering if I should bid on spa balcony in addition to spa mini but would rather have the mini...

Yes, they do give out upgrades at the last moment, so if a mock booking shows availability for the category you want, it is worth it to keep an active bid.  As far as adding another bid for the spa balcony, that's a personal preference.  Will you be completely bummed if you get NO upgrade?  Then yes, add the other bid.  If you really ONLY want the mini, keep it as is.  Best of Luck!!