What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

1 hour ago, lovetotraveltx said:

My cruise has been saying sold out for about 1 week, except for inside. However, my poor bid for a balcony upgrade is still pending? We are on the Breakaway NYE cruise on December 30 out of NOLA. Any insight on this? Thank you!

They won't decline bids until about 48 hours out from sailing, even if it really is sold out.

I figured this would be the best board at ask this question. If a bid is won and it results in a Haven stay, how does the information below work out? This is taken from the NCL FAQ. I see the asterisk next to Suite and the corresponding clarification that the suite had to be booked at the Full Fare price, but I don't see what the details are for a Haven. Does anyone know if you would earn the additional Latitudes points if you win a Haven bid? 

• Earn 1 additional point per night for booking in a Suite* or in The Haven.
  • Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Rewards Insider Offer.

*Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites.

21 minutes ago, Dawnya00 said:

I figured this would be the best board at ask this question. If a bid is won and it results in a Haven stay, how does the information below work out? This is taken from the NCL FAQ. I see the asterisk next to Suite and the corresponding clarification that the suite had to be booked at the Full Fare price, but I don't see what the details are for a Haven. Does anyone know if you would earn the additional Latitudes points if you win a Haven bid? 

• Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Rewards Insider Offer.

*Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites.

You should not receive the extra point per night if upgraded to the Haven via Upgrade Advantage, though we have received *some* anecdotal evidence of some people getting the extra point. It's possible those people were booked on a Latitudes Rewards sailing and just didn't realize where the extra point was coming from.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dawnya00 said:

No, you will not get the suite/Haven points if you acquire the cabin from bidding. You must book the suite or pay for an upgrade to earn the extra points. Hope this helps.

On 12/4/2018 at 10:06 AM, kmurph22 said:

Driving to work in the morning is stressful.  This? This is fun, at least for me, and part of the anticipation. See the Obsessive Cruise Planning thread. 

I do agree that if it’s really giving someone gray hair, maybe they should skip it.  

19 hours ago, Erinolearyjd said:

Omg. Me too. I just search for your recommended thred. 😂😂

17 hours ago, megaphone84 said:

Me too! But, I wasn't able to find it. Where is this thread?? I want in! 

I'd say you are on  the Obsessive Cruise Planning thread

I want to verify that I am in the "waiting period".   We have a cruise 38 days out, I received the email and subsequent webpage to "Please bid on an upgrade offer".   I went into the little slider thingy and put in one bid for a balcony and one bid for a Spa Balcony.   In the Your Offers column, it now says "Review Your Offer" in both the balcony and Spa Balcony.  I have not bid on an oceanview room.  Should I do that?   I really don't want an oceanview, because I thought you could only bid on 2 of them, not all three of them.  Thanks for any help.  I did move the slider on the Oceanview and it did open up the button to continue, just wondering. 

3 minutes ago, oracer said:

I want to verify that I am in the "waiting period".   We have a cruise 38 days out, I received the email and subsequent webpage to "Please bid on an upgrade offer".   I went into the little slider thingy and put in one bid for a balcony and one bid for a Spa Balcony.   In the Your Offers column, it now says "Review Your Offer" in both the balcony and Spa Balcony.  I have not bid on an oceanview room.  Should I do that?   I really don't want an oceanview, because I thought you could only bid on 2 of them, not all three of them.  Thanks for any help.  I did move the slider on the Oceanview and it did open up the button to continue, just wondering. 

You can put bids in on as many categories as it will allow you. You aren't limited to just two bids. But if you don't want an Oceanview, you shouldn't bid on it. It might affect your chances of winning a balcony.

Just now, oracer said:

I just clicked on the "Review Your Offer" and it goes to another page is says "Pending" and has two buttons, either Cancel or Modify.   I think that the offer is under review, just want to make sure.

Yep, that's exactly what you should see. If/when your bid is being accepted, it will change to "processing" or if it is declined it will change to "expired."

1 minute ago, oracer said:

If it shows the 'review' comment on the 2, then it means, those have bids. You don't have to bid on the ocean view if you don't  want to. But, you could,  there is no maximum in the number of bids you can make. There is a rule about categories,  but I believe if you can't bid on a category it would not  even show that in the bid options

Jamie and Hansolo, thanks for the replies.  Sit and wait now!!!!

Quick other question, if we win the bid to a Spa Balcony, that does allow us to go to the "Thermal Suite" without additional charge correct?   My bid was based on what I would have to pay regardless to go to the Spa.   Just checking!!!

17 hours ago, Nalagh said:

No, you will not get the suite/Haven points if you acquire the cabin from bidding. You must book the suite or pay for an upgrade to earn the extra points. Hope this helps.

I'm not sure if bidding versus the long ago upgrade phone in has changed the point system, but the 2 times I called in (before the bidding stuff started) and upgraded to a Haven, I received double points/Haven points.

32 minutes ago, JuliaSugarbaker said:

Something seems off with my upgrade offers. Does it normally allow you to bid on categories that are below what you actually booked? It also has multiple minimum bids in the same categories/same types of rooms? For example same type of Haven room is either a minimum bid of $300, $500 or $750. 

That definitely seems broken. You should not be able to bid on categories below your own. I'm not really clear on what you mean about same haven categories having multiple minimum bids. Are the same categories appearing more than once on your bidding page and each listing has a different minimum?

34 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

That definitely seems broken. You should not be able to bid on categories below your own. I'm not really clear on what you mean about same haven categories having multiple minimum bids. Are the same categories appearing more than once on your bidding page and each listing has a different minimum?

Yes, exactly. I’ll see if I can attach a screenshot.

5A870643-D035-4601-A93E-5F3379EEC4C6.png

1 hour ago, JuliaSugarbaker said:

Yes, exactly. I’ll see if I can attach a screenshot.

5A870643-D035-4601-A93E-5F3379EEC4C6.png

Same thing here. Same categories multiple times with different amounts to bid. It’s very odd. Yet in the inventory they show sold out except the 2 bedroom Haven suite. 

26 minutes ago, CRUELLA1114 said:

I put in bids yesterday for upgrade but did not receive a confirmation email. Did I do something wrong ? When I go in to look at my bids they just offer the option to review. Doesn’t say pending or anything. 

I did get off my phone and use the regular computer and my bids say pending but never received a confirmation email. 

43 minutes ago, CRUELLA1114 said:

I did get off my phone and use the regular computer and my bids say pending but never received a confirmation email. 

That's weird, but I work in email and it's not unheard of.  There could have been some kind of error in generating the mail, or it's possible that it got intercepted by your email provider as spam and filtered off.  What's important is that your bids do show as pending.