What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

48 minutes ago, Lionkingrichard said:

Just logged in hoping to sneak in a low bid!

No such luck as it looks normal now!

Not sure how slipping in a bid below the minimum would help you. You would still be competing against people who put in at least a minimum bid....

3 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

I'm wondering if the first one is supposed to be an H2?

I was thinking that the lower bid range is for Haven guests who are bidding on other Haven Suites. Maybe the application was showing both widgets accidentally...Does bidding for an H3 start at 300 for those who booked lower-level Haven rooms?

5 minutes ago, spacedaisy said:

I was thinking that the lower bid range is for Haven guests who are bidding on other Haven Suites. Maybe the application was showing both widgets accidentally...Does bidding for an H3 start at 300 for those who booked lower-level Haven rooms?

That is quite possible.  I just checked my upgrade options and the H2 and H3 both start at $1500 pp.  I'm currently booked in a mid-ship Balcony.

I’m 12 days out for my Dawn sailing leaving from San Juan on 12/23. Haven’t heard anything on my ocean view ($60 bid) or balcony bids ($130)- the last two days I noticed a ton of cabins disappeared. Maybe they assigned guarantees but looking like only 10-12 rooms in each meta left. 

17 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Not sure how slipping in a bid below the minimum would help you. You would still be competing against people who put in at least a minimum bid....

Sure, but lets say if 5, 2 bedrooms were available and only 4 bids came in then who knows what might happen?

9 hours ago, xcell said:

I'm not sure if bidding versus the long ago upgrade phone in has changed the point system, but the 2 times I called in (before the bidding stuff started) and upgraded to a Haven, I received double points/Haven points.

You were lucky because the one time I called in and upgraded to The Haven I did not receive double points. On NCL in your cruise history does it say Haven as the stateroom type for those cruises? Mine lists my original room (balcony).

9 minutes ago, Cardex said:

You were lucky because the one time I called in and upgraded to The Haven I did not receive double points. On NCL in your cruise history does it say Haven as the stateroom type for those cruises? Mine lists my original room (balcony).

Both times I got double the points...

We will be on the Jade 10 day on March 1st. I received an upgrade offer today. I booked an aft balcony on deck 9 and got the beverage package and 4 night specialty dining included. I'm happy with what we booked and am not going to bid as I want the aft balcony. Mini suite with balcony is $25 pp, suite (SF, SE) from $200 pp, and suite (SC) is $350 pp. Haven is $700+ pp.

6 minutes ago, aamobbss said:

Breakaway 12/16/18 upgrade confirmed today. 

Booked family Mini-suite (M3) upgraded to Haven Spa Suite (H9).

Minimum bid was 500 per person.  I bid 600 per person.  Poor range. 

Wow! Only $100 above minimum for a Haven and you won? That's awesome! Congratulations!

Edited by JamieLogical

13 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Wow! Only $100 above minimum for a Haven and you won? That's awesome! Congratulations!

I know. Last Wednesday bid went from pending to processing but they never charged my card. About 2 hours later the bid went back to pending so I figured it was a glitch. 

Today my credit card was charged before I saw the email.  

5 hours ago, aamobbss said:

Breakaway 12/16/18 upgrade confirmed today. 

Booked family Mini-suite (M3) upgraded to Haven Spa Suite (H9).

Minimum bid was 500 per person.  I bid 600 per person.  Poor range. 

Sweet -- that's what I'd like to know...congrats

I think people have forgotten to format that the "original" poster started...but to narrow it down and to adjust it

-what cruise?

-what cabin do you have now?

-what was the min bid ?

-if you don't mind telling what did you bid

-was it accepted

-how long did it take to get accepted?

• Like 1

What do you think this means?

I was looking at the availability of my upcoming cruise...specifically the Haven rooms.

When I choose 4 people room -- only H4 comes available.

By accident, I selected 3 people room, and H4, H3 and H2 are all available (H2 used to be available a few days ago for 4 person but now it is not) -- possible they are planning to upgrade cabins with 3 people only to these rooms?

Overthinking...I know...  I'm trying to keep myself busy and excited about my upcoming vacation.

Side note: my bids, though not changed are going back and forth from being good to poor? What gives...  Plus if the cabins are "unavailable" why let me bid?

Edited by xcell

Our upgrade date is 12/20. Booked on Getaway for 3/10 cruise in mini-suite midship. Would like to get into basic Haven Suite. What is a reasonable bid going from mini to Haven? I know that full price is at least $2k per person more. What is considered a winning bid? Also, if we don't bid on Haven, what upgrade would we choose? All aft mini suites sold out, some aft balconies are available, but looks like same as our mini.

20 hours ago, surfone said:

Very surprised....upgraded from inside to balcony $70 pp on the Dawn leaving Sunday out of San Juan.  Going to keep it a secret from my DH until we walk to our cabin.  :classic_biggrin:

I’m on the dawn cruise after you, I bet I’ll find out my fate next week. I know your cruise was much less full- but do you know how many balcony rooms were available before you got your upgrade? I currently have a bid for $60 for ocean view and $140 for balcony- I’m wondering if I should lower the balcony bid as I have heard I few now get it for under $100. Anyone feel free to chime in. 

Edited by tracyfitzs

1 hour ago, FPJC03 said:

Our upgrade date is 12/20. Booked on Getaway for 3/10 cruise in mini-suite midship. Would like to get into basic Haven Suite. What is a reasonable bid going from mini to Haven? I know that full price is at least $2k per person more. What is considered a winning bid? Also, if we don't bid on Haven, what upgrade would we choose? All aft mini suites sold out, some aft balconies are available, but looks like same as our mini.

No one can tell you what a winning bid is. It depends SOOOOO much on your particular sailing, how many rooms are left of which types, etc. Just a few posts above yours, someone was upgraded to a Haven for only $100 over the minimum bid, which would have put them still in the "poor" range on the meter. But even if you bid max, you won't win if the category you are bidding on is sold out. So, there is just really no way to know. My best advice is bid what you are comfortable with. With the ideal bit you will be happy if you win the bid, but you will also be content if you lose the bid and just have that extra money to spend on board. If you are going to be super disappointed if you lose the bid, then you are better off paying for a direct upgrade instead of bidding.

As for non-Haven categories for you to bid on, aft mini-suites and balconies are not their own separate categories for the purposes of bidding. Only spa rooms are broken out as separate categories. So, if you are in a mid-ship mini right now, your only upgrade options will be a spa min-suite and all of the Haven categories.