Harmony on October 6th 2018- Looking for some input

I am just dizzy trying to figure this thing out of what to book. I will be sailing on the 6th with my wife and two kids 12,13 ( really one kid and one small adult per RCCL )

The boys do not like to share a couch so we need either pullmans or two separate cabins. We just had adjoining cabins on Freedom and this worked out really good but we also would like to have a suite as the non-suite passengers nowadays are kind of being treated like cattle.

I am Diamond and looking for the best value and idea for the sailing.

Part of me wants to just take the Suite Guarantee available for 5K.

Part of me wants to book to adjoining balconies and just be treated like cattle.

Part of me wants to splurge and get a crown or aqua for about 8-9k.

Looking for some input.

In the Jr Suite and Crown suite. will the boys be splitting a bed? Hard to justify that price and have them gripe about sleeping together.

Thanks you guys for your amazing help!

If you go with the connecting balconies be very careful and confirm that they actually connect. We booked a year and half ago and sail on Harmony on 7/28 and just found out that the floor plan was wrong and they don't actually connect.

Unless you will be getting the 2 bedroom Aqua suite the boys will be sharing a pullout couch.

In a JS you’ll basically be treated the same as you would in the balcony. A crown loft o4 the aqua theatre gets you a few extra perks. Personally I’d go with 2 cabins.

Edit. The junior suites do have one Pullman and a sofabed.

The Junior Suites are a couch and a Pullman?

That would be sold I believe

You will be treated the same as the cattle in the balconies.:D

Link to deckplans. JS category J3. They have a solid diamond symbol which denotes sofabed and Pullman. Cabin 8626 is an example.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/harmony-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1819/08

Thank you Ken and as far as I can see, in the OS or Aqua suite or Crown Suite, the boys will be splitting a bed?

Do they have rollaways or such? And I get it that may be a stupid question.

In all other 1 bedroom suites other than the JS the boys will share a sofa bed. You may be able to arrange for a rollaway but there’s no guarantees.

Why not look at a GS with a balcony right beside it. Get the balcony divider opened.

My family and I have cruised a couple of times in a Star Loft and my sister and I get stuck sharing the couch and it is one of the most uncomfortable couches I've ever slept on. On the Allure and Oasis, the couch doesn't actually pull out, the back folds down (haven't been on Harmony). So one person gets the soft sitting part of the couch and the other one gets the hard back. I got the hard back and needed a back massage by the end of the week. I would probably suffer through it again because the whole Genie thing was cool, but I would choose a grand suite and a balcony room over a Crown Loft

We had JS on the Harmony, #6242, it could hold five people because it had a Pullman. The bed is like a trundle, the bottom part pulls out, and my 13 year grandson said it was very comfortable. The other bed would be the couch bottom which didn't seem like it would be comfortable to me. We only had three of us in the cabin.

I am just dizzy trying to figure this thing out of what to book. I will be sailing on the 6th with my wife and two kids 12,13 ( really one kid and one small adult per RCCL )

The boys do not like to share a couch so we need either pullmans or two separate cabins. We just had adjoining cabins on Freedom and this worked out really good but we also would like to have a suite as the non-suite passengers nowadays are kind of being treated like cattle.

I am Diamond and looking for the best value and idea for the sailing.

Part of me wants to just take the Suite Guarantee available for 5K.

Part of me wants to book to adjoining balconies and just be treated like cattle.

Part of me wants to splurge and get a crown or aqua for about 8-9k.

Looking for some input.

In the Jr Suite and Crown suite. will the boys be splitting a bed? Hard to justify that price and have them gripe about sleeping together.

Thanks you guys for your amazing help!

Cancel your cruise and book a family oceanview cabin on Disney! ;);)clear.png?emoji-wink-1685We would never waste our money on the Harmony, or probably even RCI again after our experience last month.

• 1 year later...

We did do the Grand Suite with the adjoining balcony and it was amazing. They let us have some of the lower end suite perks and the kids had the independence of their own rooms, also giving us some nice privacy.

Thanks to the forum board as always for their great input.  I have found this board is waaaaayyyy better than travel agents and the line itself for knowing the cabins and the ins and out of the ship.

• Like 1