Cruise Cancelled - Private Trip Insurance refund?

FYI, in the future, check your policy to see if you can increase the value of the policy (and therefor the cost) as you incur cost. For example, if you first only put down a $500 deposit, you can get insurance for only $500 coverage. Then if you book $2000 in non refundable airfare, up your insurance coverage to $2500 and pay the increased premium and so on... that helps limit your trip insurance cost only to cover your actual losses as your trip is planned.

• 4 months later...
On 7/4/2018 at 9:06 AM, sail7seas said:

One must deter mine in what jurisdiction suit must be filed. If the Plaintiff lives in Boston and the stated location for suit is Seattle, that advice is not very practical

Most cruise contracts indicate where suit must be brought.

Yes, they do, however must know to pay attention to that,  Thus  the reason for my post.  To say bring 'small claims  suit', is not good enough  IMO

Edited by sail7seas

On 7/4/2018 at 1:12 PM, Roz said:

The insurance I use requires me to purchase it within 21 days of booking for pre-existing conditions to be covered.

Roz

Same for  insurance co.  I use.  ( but they require about 15 days after booking