Owner's suite on the NCL Wind, 5/29/04

gardenmama40

Our family is booked in an owner's suite to Hawaii 5/29/04. Have read lots of interesting info. but still have a couple of questions.

-Will we have a concierge and butler and room steward?

-Are they a part of the standard tipping system that is automatically charged to your account or do we do that at the end of the cruise based on service?

-Also, what about the sodas, water, bottles of alcohol, champagne, afternoon appetizers, etc that I keep reading about?

-Are they charged to the room or are they complimentary?

We booked the owner's suite to accomodate our family and to have a balcony. We knew nothing of these perks until I started reading people's comments and now I'm really wondering what we can look forward to. But I want to be prepared for any additional expenses that may come up.

Any help will be appreciated!!

gardenmama -

There is a better thread on this under the general NCL board, but we am booked in the Penthouse Suite to Alaska May 16-23, so I had some of the same main questions. My biggest concern was tips, as we've never had a butler before. It appears that we should have 2 Butlers, one in the AM and one in the PM. The Std tip appears to be $100 each for general service and more if you host many parties or havbe alot of food delivered to your room.

I don't believe you have a room stewart, but I could be wrong. Yes there is also a concierge. While I am sure that there are Butlers on the front end and back end of the ship, I am not sure of the number of concierge personnel on the boat, and where they are located.

Your cabin gets a bump up on the alcohol - you get to choose any 3 bottles (I am assuming they are liter). THe butler will keep your room stocked with soda and mixers. I am also told you get free bottled water - which is something I hope we get on our lowly AD Penthouse Suite on the Sun.

I have also read that in the owners suite you get a different platter of food/gift each day from one of the different officers, but I've only seen that once, so I am not sure on that rumor.

FOr the most part the food is free. You get a better room service menu than the standard rooms, and you can have anything from the regular restaurants delivered to your room. You can have party platters delivered to your room for free - you just need to tell the butler how many people are attending in advance. There are some platters that you can be charged for - ie shrimp, seafood. But most of them - crackers and cheese, veggie, etc are free.

Besides the obvious size of the room, there are better linens, robes (which since I have only cruised Princess before I thought was strange, but apparently only the suites get robes on NCL.)

Anyhow, if you want to send me your email to coylkgolfr@aol.com, I will try and send you and email when we get back on the 24th of May. It will better prepare you. Either that or check out the regular NCL site.

Thread on Concierge Service

Helpful thread on the Butler

Archived