Bar hop in Cozumel

ranchette

Anybody do this tour recently? We did it years ago and had a great time. Was wondering if it is still alot of fun.

We last did it again in February.

It was still well organized but I think how much fun it is on a given day is very dependent on the group you are with and that can never be pre-determined.

A recent review suggested that one stop was very run down (probably Playa Bonita, which I think has since closed and I haven’t heard if a new bar has been substituted or not).

We enjoy the east coast very much both with and without the bar hop but the seaweed situation may make me think twice just at the moment.

I've done the Bar Hop 3 times, and it's always fun... Yes, it can vary depending on the crowd that day. They have posted pics from Playa Bonita twice this week, so it appears to be open. Great coconut shrimp at the last stop, Rastas.

Anybody do this tour recently? We did it years ago and had a great time. Was wondering if it is still alot of fun.

We did the tour in 10/16 and again in 1/18. Had a great time both times!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've done the Bar Hop 3 times, and it's always fun... Yes, it can vary depending on the crowd that day. They have posted pics from Playa Bonita twice this week, so it appears to be open. Great coconut shrimp at the last stop, Rastas.

That’s strange, I do see a review from a week ago and yet other places I have seen Bonita listed as permanently closed. Maybe someone on a recent hop will confirm.

As discussed on another thread it has become very run down to the point of looking unsafe. It is no where near the same as the place we first visited 10+ years ago and I personally wouldn’t be sorry to have a change of bars.

Where can I find the pics posted from Playa Bonita?

So how much time is spent at each bar? Do you have time to check out the beach and/or order food?

About 45 minutes at each - so plenty of time. We eat at Coconuts because that’s more about the view than actually being on the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So how much time is spent at each bar? Do you have time to check out the beach and/or order food?

40-50 minutes.

Time for a drink and a walk. Only the first and last stop have room to walk far. Coconuts (2nd stop) has interesting things to look at and great views!

If you want to order food it should be done as soon as you arrive at a bar to give time for preparing and eating, and remember all purchases are cash only.

40-50 minutes.

Time for a drink and a walk. Only the first and last stop have room to walk far. Coconuts (2nd stop) has interesting things to look at and great views!

If you want to order food it should be done as soon as you arrive at a bar to give time for preparing and eating, and remember all purchases are cash only.

I assume they can give change in USD?

Also how much spending money does everyone bring to buy a drink and or food at each stop

Edited by drvmywifecrzy

I assume they can give change in USD?

I am sure they will if they have the denominations. I am sure most people use USD but it is a courtesy. Take undamaged small denomination bills. Bar hop itself is charged in USD.

We nearly always use pesos in the bars as you get a better rate.

Amount is very subjective depending on whether you are drinking beer, or mixed cocktails and how many places you plan to eat. There are also souvenir stalls and an optional souvenir photo taken. There are several discussions on amounts in long running bar hop thread.

• 3 weeks later...
Got this booked and looking forward to it.....anyone else been recently

We also are going to book it but we are not going until february. When are you going?

Would also like to hear about it from people who have been on it recently.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
40-50 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 8 months later...
25 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Anyone taken the Bar Hop recently that can report on the seaweed situation on the east side this year?

ABQ Robin posted a video review a couple of weeks ago. I do not recall any reports of seaweed.