OMG!!! Another cutback!!! I'm devastated (JK)!

LCTXcruiser

Guy's burger is an upgrade?? They are the greasiest and worst burgers at sea . Upgrade lol

My thoughts exactly.honestly there were way more cutbacks than so called upgrades.i don't care what John Heald says.

I would have to agree. Heart attack on a plate. Plus, I don't really believe that people LOVE them. While I will split one with my husband, if you walk around the Guys area and down the hallways, you will see a lot of uneaten leftovers. Burgers with one bite taken out or only half eaten. We once saw a guy with a burger that had either 3 or 4 patties on it. He barely took 2 bites and left the rest.

People think "Ooh, Guys"! The lines are long at Guys but the waste is incredible.

That is disgusting on its own. Gluttony... American's second favorite sin. :rolleyes:

Compared to what? Certainly not any burger you can find on RCI.

You mean you do not think the one they serve in the fat congealed pool that were cooked the day before in Windjammer are not better? Oh, and do not forget JR where they are free (forget about the $13 seating charge, that does not count...even tho you cannot get the burger without paying it)...... Yet there are a few who think your comment in jest is in fact true....go figure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You mean you do not think the one they serve in the fat congealed pool that were cooked the day before in Windjammer are not better? Oh, and do not forget JR where they are free (forget about the $13 seating charge, that does not count...even tho you cannot get the burger without paying it)...... Yet there are a few who think your comment in jest is in fact true....go figure.

They're included with the seating charge :)

Just kidding - but on the Oasis class ships, it was a pretty cool atmosphere to sit outside at Johnny Rockets with people ziplining above and carousels right next door. It really immerses you into the evolution of cruise ships and how the activities have changed.

They're included with the seating charge :)

Just kidding - but on the Oasis class ships, it was a pretty cool atmosphere to sit outside at Johnny Rockets with people ziplining above and carousels right next door. It really immerses you into the evolution of cruise ships and how the activities have changed.

You can do close to the same thing at Margeritaville and the go carts on the Bliss. Just determines what appeals to you (or me or the Op) in terms of cruise experience.

Yeah the burgers on RCI are no good at all. We actually got tired of not having a burger a few cruises back, and decided to go to JR's since that HAD to be a good burger.. after all we were paying for it. UGH.. was not that good.

We both agreed that the best burgers we have had on a cruise (and we have not had Guy's yet) were on CCL. We remember standing in line and they would come off the grill right onto the bun that was already on our plate.

Food options is actually why we are so excited about Horizon.

Yeah the burgers on RCI are no good at all. We actually got tired of not having a burger a few cruises back, and decided to go to JR's since that HAD to be a good burger.. after all we were paying for it. UGH.. was not that good.

We both agreed that the best burgers we have had on a cruise (and we have not had Guy's yet) were on CCL. We remember standing in line and they would come off the grill right onto the bun that was already on our plate.

JR is not even that good on land. There are close to having to many food options on the Horizon, that said, think you will enjoy them (Guys burgers, which are the best at sea, and the food options).

When we cruised Carnival last in 2007, there was no Guys Burgers, but they did grill you up a burger outside on Lido. Then we went to RCCL, and there were NO fresh grilled burgers! Only burgers piled up keeping warm on the buffet! We were really not happy with any of the food on Royal. Yes, we loved their ships, and their WOW factor was off the charts, but food was just “ok”. Then we went to NCL, and found all the wonderful complimentary choices, including fresh 1/2 lb burgers in O’Sheehan’s Irish Pub, a complimentary sit down restaurant open 24 hours! We were in love! We now have 2 Carnival cruises booked and are excited to try all their new food venues, especially GuysBurgers!

My first cruise was on the Carnival Holiday in 1992 and there is so much more that the ships offer now. One of my favorite changes is the numerous food options. Years ago it was MDR, Lido, or room service. Love all the options now!

Yes and back then . They had tablecloths. good service . nice shows with live bands and a bunch of nice stuff. It is still a value but not the same

Is a ship on a stick the plastic thing they gave me for winning sports trivia? I left it in the cabin. I think guy's burgers are very average - a cut above Wendy's, on a par with Five Guys, but lousy compared to burgers we get at the local Smashburger and Whole Foods Grill. I love coves!

JR is not even that good on land. There are close to having to many food options on the Horizon, that said, think you will enjoy them (Guys burgers, which are the best at sea, and the food options).

Agreed, JR is bland. It seems like the silliest concept that I would want to spend money to eat it on a cruise ship. Obviously, people are doing it.

Agreed, JR is bland. It seems like the silliest concept that I would want to spend money to eat it on a cruise ship. Obviously, people are doing it.

I am afraid to mention this, but next we may see the Golden Arches or Burger King.....

The old burgers sucked. There is no chance I would want them over Guy's. I wouldn't mind the additional options though.

How true! I gladly give them up at the expense of the chicken fingers going away too. Guys is a tremendous improvement.

Of course, the haters will find a way to denigrate them.

Where did you see JH saying they were stopping the ships on a stick? I haven't seen anything about it and I follow him fairly closely

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I read it here on this site on another thread a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember what they said would be its' replacement.

When we cruised Carnival last in 2007, there was no Guys Burgers, but they did grill you up a burger outside on Lido. Then we went to RCCL, and there were NO fresh grilled burgers! Only burgers piled up keeping warm on the buffet! We were really not happy with any of the food on Royal. Yes, we loved their ships, and their WOW factor was off the charts, but food was just “ok”. Then we went to NCL, and found all the wonderful complimentary choices, including fresh 1/2 lb burgers in O’Sheehan’s Irish Pub, a complimentary sit down restaurant open 24 hours! We were in love! We now have 2 Carnival cruises booked and are excited to try all their new food venues, especially GuysBurgers!

Yep. I do really enjoy RCI, but good food outside the MDR (and sometime in the MDR these days) is hard to find for lunch. The specialties are good, but I expect that no matter the line. I’m looking forward to another trip on CCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums