OMG!!! Another cutback!!! I'm devastated (JK)!

LCTXcruiser

JR is not even that good on land. There are close to having to many food options on the Horizon, that said, think you will enjoy them (Guys burgers, which are the best at sea, and the food options).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don’t remember where I saw the video... but there seemed to be a dessert station with amazing looking cakes that were whole, and then sliced as requested, and handed a piece. Also looking forward to breakfast burritos at the Blue iguana.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t remember where I saw the video... but there seemed to be a dessert station with amazing looking cakes that were whole, and then sliced as requested, and handed a piece. Also looking forward to breakfast burritos at the Blue iguana.

Near oceans plaza near the coffee

Hi.

Love Carnival, but love other lines too! Guys is good, but i am more impressed with and enjoy more the Blue Iguana. I can eat one of their burritos for lunch every day.....absolutely delicious, and just how you want it. Not impressed with Pig and Anchor, but i know many people like it.

Forgot to mention when they asked for my comments on my Horizon transatlantic the STRING TRIO, which was SO nice.....and how about tea time? carnival does that almost as well as Cunard.

One thing that has disappeared that was very nice was finding things like razors, nice shampoo or lotion in a sealed bag in your room when you arrived. Little on board cabin gifts. That went away years ago, but was so nice.....you could take it home if you wanted. Just added a little more "class". i cant see that it would cost them so much to have that now----

Don't care about the missing chocolate by my bed at night....don't miss that at all. but i know some do.

And i dislike Carnival bashers too!! You never hear so much bashing of other lines.....they think Carnival is just a big party ship for teenyboppers.....certainly it isnt. Especially a transatlantic, of which i've been on 2 of Carnival. In general, Carnival has the same sort of clientele as Royal or Norwegian, approximately.

Edited by JoseyP

One thing that has disappeared that was very nice was finding things like razors, nice shampoo or lotion in a sealed bag in your room when you arrived. Little on board cabin gifts. That went away years ago, but was so nice.....you could take it home if you wanted. Just added a little more "class". i cant see that it would cost them so much to have that now----

They were all donated from the companies and manufacturers for advertising so the cost to Carnival was nothing but labor onboard to have them sorted, delivered, inventoried and stored.

Edited by xDisconnections

Cruise family hello. I am a firm believer in thanking God for our Blessings. I see many individuals (including families with children) each day that are homeless and/or currently displaced. I can't worry about Corporate Carnival cutbacks when I am still able to affordably cruise.

Please stop and count your Blessings!!

Some things that weren't on my first cruise that I enjoy:

FTTF

Handmade ice cream

New & improved cakes on Lido buffet

Better bedding

Keycards (my first Carnival cruise I had to carry a key around!)

Cheers (for those who enjoy it)

Bottomless Bubbles

Cherry on Top

Staggered Check in times (when I don't get FTTF)

Sea Day Brunch

Comedy shows

Steakhouse

Ropes course & Skyride

Mini-golf

Not paying $$$ for a cruise

See- and all these things I thought of in just 3 minutes... sure it's easy to see cutbacks, but some of the improvements are there too!

FTTF

Handmade ice cream

Better bedding

Bottomless Bubbles

Cherry on Top

Sea Day Brunch

Comedy shows

Steakhouse

Ropes course & Skyride

Mini-golf

See- and all these things I thought of in just 3 minutes... sure it's easy to see cutbacks, but some of the improvements are there too!

It’s so easy to focus on the negative (or what you perceive to be negative) but people tend to take the positive for granted and don’t focus on it. I love this post. I honestly am on vacation and am just happy to be able to go somewhere. I always try to focus on the positive and there have been tons of improvements! I think the process getting on and off the ship is 1000 times better than it used to be. That’s got to be my favorite.

FTTF

Handmade ice cream

Better bedding

Bottomless Bubbles

Cherry on Top

Sea Day Brunch

Comedy shows

Steakhouse

Ropes course & Skyride

Mini-golf

This is all irrelevant. So many people got their vacation ruined because there aren't table clothes every night lol

Things We Enjoy About Carnival:

Melting Chocolate Cake (for me)

Dessert Cheese Plate (for her)

Funnest French Toast (which I, as a 46-year-old man, will readily admit to enjoying)

The overall quality of the MDR food

The theaters have little tables for your drinks/phone/whatever (much nicer than NCL's setup)

We're always impressed with the talent, professionalism and energy of the Playlist Productions performers

The very reasonable prices for the cruise

Other things i love about Carnival: Skyride on Vista and Horizon!! Larger cabin than other lines Consistently good food in MDR, reasonable price for what you are getting, Blue Iguana, great staff, Tea Time, String Trio, singing waiters.......great beds, esp on horizon and Vista.....that's why I'm Platinum.

And I do count cruising adventures in my blessings!

I had to post after hearing about J. Heald saying that they are going to stop giving out the "ship on a stick". I haven't seen any posts yet (but I have to admit, I didn't look too hard;p).

It got me to thinking about all the people who are constantly complaining about the cutbacks. I don't know about ya'll, but I can live without the chocolates, table cloths, "ships/stick" etc. The one thing I never see mentioned is all the upgrades that have been done.

at said.... how about a positive post for once! :D

Name your favorite upgrade you've seen on the ships. I'll start it off ..... Guys Burgers!!!! Absolutely love them!!

I hope Carnival does NOT STOP giving out ships on a stick. My husband and I always make it a game as we try to "win" one on each new ship we cruise on. I know its just a piece of plastic, but to us they are fun collectors items and reminders of a great time.

The new upgrade I LOVE is the Hub App. It makes the ships itinerary and maps so much easier to navigate.

The old grill that was replaced by Guys Burger and Blue Iguana Cantina had food that was cheap and low quality. I'd rather have Blue Iguana Cantina fresh tacos and fresh salsa than those cheap nachos with watered down nacho cheese sauce and canned salsa anyday. I'd rather have Guy's fresh unfrozen, hand crafted burgers and fries than those flavorless frozen patties and fries from the grill. I'd rather have the kosher beef hot dogs from Sea Dogs than that cheap low quality pork chicken hotdogs from the grill. And they serve way better chicken sandwiches at the deli than that frozen chicken patties at the old grill. The food at the grill was terrible. Im glad they made the changes. I was on the magic June 30 and my group of 22 all said that Carnival has step their game up in the food department.

Edited by Treyatl2006

Omg! A nice juicy burger is heaven! Grease and all!! Can’t wait for my next cruise and a big fat juicy Guy’s burger!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree that a nice big, juicy burger is heaven. Guy's burgers are ok, but they are not a big (thick), juicy burger. They are a very acceptable large (but flat), greasy burger. I will probably have one on my next cruise and enjoy it, but realize that it doesn't compare to the local brew pub and their thick 1/2# burger;p

Gotta laugh when people say "walmart of the seas".

If being on Carnival was that bad I'd jump overboard! :D:p

I think "Walmart of the Seas" is a really great way to give an idea of Carnival. I love both Walmart and Carnival. If you don't think they are both "fun" and "low cost providers", I imagine you don't think of Walmart as fun?

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Looks a lot like a lot of people on the Carnival cruises, don't even try to deny it!

I agree that a nice big, juicy burger is heaven. Guy's burgers are ok, but they are not a big (thick), juicy burger. They are a very acceptable large (but flat), greasy burger. I will probably have one on my next cruise and enjoy it, but realize that it doesn't compare to the local brew pub and their thick 1/2# burger;p

Totally agree on every microaspect of your contribution to the discussion and I am a burger addict. Guys burgers are ACCEPTABLE.

The old grill that was replaced by Guys Burger and Blue Iguana Cantina had food that was cheap and low quality. I'd rather have Blue Iguana Cantina fresh tacos and fresh salsa than those cheap nachos with watered down nacho cheese sauce and canned salsa anyday. I'd rather have Guy's fresh unfrozen, hand crafted burgers and fries than those flavorless frozen patties and fries from the grill. I'd rather have the kosher beef hot dogs from Sea Dogs than that cheap low quality pork chicken hotdogs from the grill. And they serve way better chicken sandwiches at the deli than that frozen chicken patties at the old grill. The food at the grill was terrible. Im glad they made the changes. I was on the magic June 30 and my group of 22 all said that Carnival has step their game up in the food department.

Spot on. Some days, the case against Carnival is they put quantity over quality. Other days, we want quantity over quality.

My first Carnival cruise didn't have the 2.0 upgrades. The grill's quality was very poor. The next time I sailed, I saw them making fresh tortillas for those delicious tacos. Yet, this is apparently a bad thing.

My first Carnival cruise didn't have the 2.0 upgrades. The grill's quality was very poor. The next time I sailed, I saw them making fresh tortillas for those delicious tacos. Yet, this is apparently a bad thing.

Sarcastic weirdness at it's Carnival best.

I think "Walmart of the Seas" is a really great way to give an idea of Carnival. I love both Walmart and Carnival. If you don't think they are both "fun" and "low cost providers", I imagine you don't think of Walmart as fun?

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Looks a lot like a lot of people on the Carnival cruises, don't even try to deny it!

I have to agree, was thinking, they must never go to Walmart. That describes it perfectly.

The Hub app is my favorite upgrade. Being able to message my family, purchase pictures, look at the interactive ships map, see what daily events are going on, and check my account all on my phone is so nice. Because of this app I no longer have to lug around the ships map and the fun times, which I always set down somewhere and lost. Just skipping having to go through hundreds of pictures to find mine makes this app one of my all time favorite upgrades. :D

Tell me more about this pictures thing????? How does that work?

In my 16 years of cruising i have never heard the term "Walmart of the Seas", and i'm not crazy about it. Don't think it applies. Not in my environment on Carnival cruises.....

In NYC where i live, we don't have Walmart, and going to one is almost like a treat! Just like going on just about any cruise, except if some horrible thing happens, or youre stuck in a storm or something......