OMG!!! Another cutback!!! I'm devastated (JK)!

LCTXcruiser

:')

in my 16 years of cruising i have never heard the term "walmart of the seas", and i'm not crazy about it. Don't think it applies. Not in my environment on carnival cruises.....

In nyc where i live, we don't have walmart, and going to one is almost like a treat! Just like going on just about any cruise, except if some horrible thing happens, or youre stuck in a storm or something......

:')

I agree that a nice big, juicy burger is heaven. Guy's burgers are ok, but they are not a big (thick), juicy burger. They are a very acceptable large (but flat), greasy burger. I will probably have one on my next cruise and enjoy it, but realize that it doesn't compare to the local brew pub and their thick 1/2# burger;p

Get a double or triple cheeseburger then. Problem solved and I promise you won’t be calling it flat or thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally agree on every microaspect of your contribution to the discussion and I am a burger addict. Guys burgers are ACCEPTABLE.

Despite the debate (if this is one) but they are the best burgers at sea. Second place is prob JR but a distant second even before the “seating charge” for the free burger.

We started cruising on NCL way back when they were the only cruise line that let you eat when you wanted, 'Freestyle Dining'. Since then, I would venture to say, most other cruise lines offer something similar, along with regular dining. So, for me, that is the biggest perk, or change for the good, that Carnival has made. We hate being told exactly when we have to eat, so Anytime Dining is our thing.

+ for Carnival (along with all the other cruise lines).

Cheers

Len

Sorta new to Carnival. What is a Ship on a Stick?

Some would say "Let's just say don't drop your soap"... :D

It's a plastic boat painted to look like precious metal. I got mine as a prize for winning sports trivia. It's part of Carnival culture and a good example of how Carnival manages to remain a "low cost provider" while also being FUN! :ship:

A good burger is juicy. With that said, I don't find Guy's to be greasy at all.

A good juicy burger IS made with a higher fat content, thus, a juicier burger. The person who calls then “greasy” must eat dry burgers back home. As bad as it is for a person, to make a great burger, YOU NEED MORE FAT! Lean meat just doesn’t cut it! (The same goes for a well marbled steak!)

Where did you see JH saying they were stopping the ships on a stick? I haven't seen anything about it and I follow him fairly closely

He said save your ships on a stick for the Triumph that will be renamed next year as they will become valuable on Ebay. In some strange repeat game madness people relayed that into ships on a stick were going away.

Get a double or triple cheeseburger then. Problem solved and I promise you won’t be calling it flat or thin.

A stack of thin burgers to make a thick burger is not the same thing as one thick burger. I can enjoy both (and therefore have no problem with Guys) but recognize that they are different. My preference is a single thick, juicy (not greasy) burger from locally sourced beef.

A good juicy burger IS made with a higher fat content, thus, a juicier burger. The person who calls then “greasy” must eat dry burgers back home. As bad as it is for a person, to make a great burger, YOU NEED MORE FAT! Lean meat just doesn’t cut it! (The same goes for a well marbled steak!)

I don't tend to eat dry burgers at home. I prefer a thick grilled burger (seared so the outside is cooked and the fat is rendered away but the interior is still medium rare, maybe medium). I can eat and enjoy a thin patty fried on a flat cook top that is swimming in the rendered fat and due to it's thinness is almost always cooked medium well.

Thick are typically juicy (but can be dry if too lean and/or over cooked). Thin are typically greasy (and can be dry if over cooked) and made with cheaper/higher fat content ground chuck.

I'm a new cruiser so haven't had Guy's burgers, but I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos, reading forums and Facebook groups and the overwhelming majority of people rave about them. Except for this forum, everything I've seen says people love them. This forum is the only place I've seen negative comments.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using Forums mobile app

And you will continue to see negative comments because the take the Critic in Cruise Critic very seriously, lol I love Guys, but I'm totally a Keto person, I skip the buns and fries and take the burger sans bun, love it for a quick bite, but 9 times out of 10 I go to the MDR for meals

Sometimes I read posts and just laugh. I believe (and Lord knows I could be wrong) the original intention of this thread was to be able to read "positive" thoughts... I think it's funny how people have to be critical. So... with that said... may I post a question? Please tell me what YOU enjoy about cruising so much?

I personally love the ability to get away from life and be in the middle of a body of water relaxing with family. :) The fact that most everything is paid for before I start makes my time even more relaxing!! :) :)

i had to post after hearing about j. Heald saying that they are going to stop giving out the "ship on a stick". I haven't seen any posts yet (but i have to admit, i didn't look too hard;p).

It got me to thinking about all the people who are constantly complaining about the cutbacks. I don't know about ya'll, but i can live without the chocolates, table cloths, "ships/stick" etc. The one thing i never see mentioned is all the upgrades that have been done.

So with that said.... How about a positive post for once! :d

name your favorite upgrade you've seen on the ships. I'll start it off ..... Guys burgers!!!! Absolutely love them!!

not true!!!!

Sometimes I read posts and just laugh. I believe (and Lord knows I could be wrong) the original intention of this thread was to be able to read "positive" thoughts... I think it's funny how people have to be critical. So... with that said... may I post a question? Please tell me what YOU enjoy about cruising so much?

I personally love the ability to get away from life and be in the middle of a body of water relaxing with family. :) The fact that most everything is paid for before I start makes my time even more relaxing!! :) :)

Swap husband for family and that is much of what I enjoy about cruising too. Once we are on the ship there is no more driving/navigating for a few days and the biggest decisions are if I'm taking a nap or going to trivia:D, or which drink/appetizer/entree to try

After months of planning, it's nice to just relax and enjoy the moment.

People talking about the upgrades I sure dont what they are I have cruised on carnival for over 20 years and all I have seen is cutback. last few years. Dont get me wrong I still love cruise carnival they have kept there prices low. Also some one said guy burgers an up grade I dont agree I liked the old burger station better dont see what is so great about Gut burgers.

Hi everyone,

On another thread i am on, this person referred to carnival as "the toilet". I am incensed, but don' t know what to tell her/him, because i don't want to start a fight. Anyone who says that insults all of us who love (or at least like) Carnival. It insults me, because i am platinum on Carnival, so she thinks my trips are in "the toilet". What a crappy (pardon the pun) thing to say about any cruise line! Truly none that i have been on nowhere near THAT bad!

Hi everyone,

On another thread i am on, this person referred to carnival as "the toilet". I am incensed, but don' t know what to tell her/him, because i don't want to start a fight. Anyone who says that insults all of us who love (or at least like) Carnival. It insults me, because i am platinum on Carnival, so she thinks my trips are in "the toilet". What a crappy (pardon the pun) thing to say about any cruise line! Truly none that i have been on nowhere near THAT bad!

Don't take it too seriously. He'll be in for a culture shock once he sees people in shorts instead of a dinner jacket on smart casual night in the MDR.

Even with all the cutbacks and changes, I still think Carnival provides a decent value and surprisingly considered them to be the best option for my upcoming Cuba cruise. It will have been 7 years since I shifted my bookings from Carnival to Princess and I'm actually looking forward to seeing how/if things have improved from the reasons that caused me to look elsewhere.

Edited by xDisconnections