Current Cruise Director (CD) List

That's a good idea - I will post a link!

Bob, would you please lock the other CD thread, now that Joe12 has "retired" and I've come out of retirement.

Welcome back, I'll keep searching for updates on Enchantment. I'm looking forward to finally trying that ship soon.

Donna,

One of the good things about you coming out of retirement is that we can correct little errors without feeling sorry that we found any mistakes.

So, having said that, I will say you dropped MA from you're edited list, and, as a personal pet peeve, Indy is ID - not IN which was Celebrity Infinity!

BTW, I agree that the list of old CDs should be attached to the updated lists.

Thanks, again, for coming back!

Donna,

One of the good things about you coming out of retirement is that we can correct little errors without feeling sorry that we found any mistakes.

So, having said that, I will say you dropped MA from you're edited list, and, as a personal pet peeve, Indy is ID - not IN which was Celebrity Infinity!

BTW, I agree that the list of old CDs should be attached to the updated lists.

Thanks, again, for coming back!

LOL - my list-keeping skills are still rusty! Please let me know of any errors you come across so I can fix them. I'll update the list with the corrections.

(I thought you were going to tell me that Empress is NE for Nordic Empress, and not EM.)

Edited by DonnaK

AD: Clo O'Connor July 6 until early September. (then who?)

AL: Jimmy Rhodes March 11 until August 12, then Mitch Merucci August 12 for 2 months.

AN: Dennis Charles May 12 until September 6, then Chris Brown September 6 for 4 months.

BR: Mike Szwajkowski July 3 (for 2 or 4 months?)

EM (or NE for Nordic Empress): Hugo Arenas (need dates)

EN: Bobby Broughton April 6 until early-September. (then who?)

EX: Topi Ylönen returns June 8 until July 27. (then, is Graham Seymour returning, or will it be someone else?)

FR: Drew Devine March 17 until July 28, then Topi Ylönen July 28 until September 29,followed by Drew Devine September 29 for 4 months.

GR: Bob Leininger June 2 until October 6. Bob Leininger returns December 1 for another 4 month contract. (Will Mitch Merucci or Mike Szwajkowski be doing the fill-in from Oct 6 until December 1?)

HM: Dru Pavlov April 21 until early-September (need handover date) then Abe Hughes early-September for 4 months.

ID: Joff Eaton May 28 until September 22, then Tim Connor returns September 22.

JW: Simona Ferraiuolo June 16 until August 19, then Andrea Olivieri August 19 for 4 months

LB: Jeff Arpin May 27 until July 22, then Marc Walker July 22 for 4 months.

MA: Carlos Torres July 9 for 2 months, then Ricky Matthews returns in September for 4 months

MJ: Patricio Honores late-June until late-August (then who?)

MN: Ricky Matthews until July 9, then Carlos Torres July 9 for 2 months, then Ricky Matthews returns in September for 4 months.

NV: Rob McNally May 6 until late-August, then Cuddy Cudworth returns in late-August. (need handover date)

OA: Dan Whitney early May for 4 months. (then who?)

OV: Mike Hunnerup March 23 (until late-July? then who?) Joff Eaton returns November 28 for the Australian season.

QN: Is Fang Lixin is the current CD? Paul Rutter returns in the Fall (Sept/Oct) for a few months.

RD: Cuddy Cudworth June 15 for 2 months followed by John Blair in August until January. (need handover date)

RH: Tim Connor June 23 for 2 months, then Elvis Pinto returns mid-August for 4 months. (need handover date)

SR: Jamie Fentiman May 13 for 4 months. (then who?)

SY: Michele Scarpato March 11 until late-July (need handover date) then Bobby Brown returns through the TA November 9

VI: Steve Davis April 6 until August 6, then Ken Jones August 6 for 2 months, then Steve Davis returns in early October for 4 months.

VY: Michelle Oliveira began late-May (for 4 months?)

CDs who are no longer active on RCI ships:

Jerome Sueur is reportedly joining Carnival and getting married soon.

Keith Williams has been cleared to return from medical leave, but does not currently have a ship assignment.

Casey Pelterworks shoreside for Celebrity as Manager of Entertainment.

Graham Seymour is semi-retired but fills-in from time to time as needed

Rich Edwards sadly passed away in June 2017. RIP Rich.

John Perry is Operations Manager at Hyatt Hotels (per LinkedIn)

Ken Rush works at corporate in Miami as RCI's Director of Entertainment, and occasionally fills-in as CD

Amy Fickert-Southgate works shoreside

Luke Aerowsmith is working at the corporate office in London

Gordon Whatman is retired, but fills-in from time-to-time if needed.

Allan Brooks works for Celebrity in their corporate office.

Richard Spacey is a CD with Celebrity

Becky Thompson works for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami.

Dave Chapman is a CD with HAL

James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney

Leo Papa is a Product Manager at Tauck Corp in Connecticut

Anna Bass is a make-up artist

João Pereira is the Cruise Sales Manager on the Liberty of the Seas.

Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.

Simeon Baker- is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - is a radio presenter.

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Viking River Cruises

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

Anthony Richards is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager PortRevenue Operations

Rico du Breil is a CD with SilverSeas out of Italy

Paul Lancaster is no longer with RCI, and resides in England

Abel Jeney is with The World - Luxury Residence at Sea

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin -staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Karen Maybury - has a consultant/pr/entertainment agency

Jannie Cloete - leading expeditions on small ships

Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) lives in Ontario, Canada. He has retired from ship-life but still works on the stage

Thomas DeCell is no longer with RCI

Leigh Xuereb and his AM Frankie Portera are CD's for Carnival

I think you have Mariner on there twice (as MA and MN - MA is Mariner, MN was Monarch which was my first cruise ever!)

Other than that, the list looks great! I sailed with Jerome on Allure in 2015 and it’s a shame he’s leaving RCCL. I wish him the best. Thanks for the list, will continue to follow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you have Mariner on there twice (as MA and MN - MA is Mariner, MN was Monarch which was my first cruise ever!)

Other than that, the list looks great! I sailed with Jerome on Allure in 2015 and it’s a shame he’s leaving RCCL. I wish him the best. Thanks for the list, will continue to follow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL - will fix on the next update!

Welcome back Donna.

Could you please use a little bit larger font for those of us that have issues with the tiny ones.

will do on the next update, but I'll keep the inactive list in the small font.

ok will fix on the next update

I’m sorry, but could you actually just use the ship names (and, if people find it useful, put the initials in parentheses). I’m a more casual cruiser, but still like to come here to see who’s on my ship and get opinions. Just having the initials is a little confusing.

Just want to add that I do appreciate someone doing this. I hope I don’t come across as rude - I’m just guessing there are other people like me reading.

• Thanks 1

I’m sorry, but could you actually just use the ship names (and, if people find it useful, put the initials in parentheses). I’m a more casual cruiser, but still like to come here to see who’s on my ship and get opinions. Just having the initials is a little confusing.

Just want to add that I do appreciate someone doing this. I hope I don’t come across as rude - I’m just guessing there are other people like me reading.

No, no, not rude at all...I appreciate hearing what others think.

I've experimenting with the formatting, and with trying to shorten the length of the post. It's hasn't been that long since I looked after the list, but it seems things have changed with regard to the formatting, spacing, fonts, etc.

No, no, not rude at all...I appreciate hearing what others think.

I've experimenting with the formatting, and with trying to shorten the length of the post. It's hasn't been that long since I looked after the list, but it seems things have changed with regard to the formatting, spacing, fonts, etc.

I'm just putting in my two cents here.

Learning new things is good. How about learning the ship's official abbreviations? It's part of the cruise addiction. :)

ADVENTURE: Clo O'Connor July 6 until early September. (then who?)

ALLURE: Jimmy Rhodes March 11 until August 12, then Mitch Merucci August 12 for 2 months.

ANTHEM: Dennis Charles May 12 until September 6, then Chris Brown September 6 for 4 months.

BRILLANCE: Mike Szwajkowski July 3 (for 2 or 4 months?)

EMPRESS: Hugo Arenas (need dates)

ENCHANTMENT: Bobby Broughton April 6 until early-September. (then who?)

EXPLORER: Topi Ylönen returns June 8 until July 27. (then, is Graham Seymour returning, or will it be someone else?)

FREEDOM: Drew Devine March 17 until July 28, then Topi Ylönen July 28 until September 29,followed by Drew Devine September 29 for 4 months.

GRANDEUR: Bob Leininger June 2 until October 6. Bob Leininger returns December 1 for another 4 month contract. (Will Mitch Merucci or Mike Szwajkowski be doing the fill-in from Oct 6 until December 1?)

HARMONY: Dru Pavlov April 21 until early-September (need handover date) then Abe Hughes early-September for 4 months.

INDEPENDENCE: Joff Eaton May 28 until September 22, then Tim Connor returns September 22.

JEWEL: Simona Ferraiuolo June 16 until August 19, then Andrea Olivieri August 19 for 4 months

LIBERTY: Jeff Arpin May 27 until July 22, then Marc Walker July 22 for 4 months.

MARINER: Carlos Torres July 9 for 2 months, then Ricky Matthews returns in September for 4 months

MAJESTY: Patricio Honores late-June until late-August (then who?)

NAVIGATOR: Rob McNally May 6 until late-August, then Cuddy Cudworth returns in late-August. (need handover date)

OASIS: Dan Whitney early May for 4 months. (then who?)

OVATION: Mike Hunnerup March 23 (until late-July? then who?) Joff Eaton returns November 28 for the Australian season.

QUANTUM: Is Fang Lixin is the current CD? Paul Rutter returns in the Fall (Sept/Oct) for a few months.

RADIANCE: Cuddy Cudworth June 15 for 2 months followed by John Blair in August until January. (need handover date)

RHAPSODY: Tim Connor June 23 for 2 months, then Elvis Pinto returns mid-August for 4 months. (need handover date)

SERENADE: Jamie Fentiman May 13 for 4 months. (then who?)

SYMPHONY: Michele Scarpato March 11 until late-July (need handover date) then Bobby Brown returns through the TA November 9

VISION: Steve Davis April 6 until August 6, then Ken Jones August 6 for 2 months, then Steve Davis returns in early October for 4 months.

VOYAGER: Michelle Oliveira began late-May (for 4 months?)

CDs who are no longer active on RCI ships:

Jerome Sueur is reportedly joining Carnival and getting married soon.

Keith Williams has been cleared to return from medical leave, but does not currently have a ship assignment.

Casey Pelterworks shoreside for Celebrity as Manager of Entertainment.

Graham Seymour is semi-retired but fills-in from time to time as needed

Rich Edwards sadly passed away in June 2017. RIP Rich.

John Perry is Operations Manager at Hyatt Hotels (per LinkedIn)

Ken Rush works at corporate in Miami as RCI's Director of Entertainment, and occasionally fills-in as CD

Amy Fickert-Southgate works shoreside

Luke Aerowsmith is working at the corporate office in London

Gordon Whatman is retired, but fills-in from time-to-time if needed.

Allan Brooks works for Celebrity in their corporate office.

Richard Spacey is a CD with Celebrity

Becky Thompson works for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami.

Dave Chapman is a CD with HAL

James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney

Leo Papa is a Product Manager at Tauck Corp in Connecticut

Anna Bass is a make-up artist

João Pereira is the Cruise Sales Manager on the Liberty of the Seas.

Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.

Simeon Baker- is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - is a radio presenter.

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Viking River Cruises

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

Anthony Richards is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager PortRevenue Operations

Rico du Breil is a CD with SilverSeas out of Italy

Paul Lancaster is no longer with RCI, and resides in England

Abel Jeney is with The World - Luxury Residence at Sea

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin -staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Karen Maybury - has a consultant/pr/entertainment agency

Jannie Cloete - leading expeditions on small ships

Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) lives in Ontario, Canada. He has retired from ship-life but still works on the stage

Thomas DeCell is no longer with RCI

Leigh Xuereb and his AM Frankie Portera are CD's for Carnival

Any feedback about Carlos Torres? I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend aboard the Mariner in August and am still figuring out exactly how I want to do it. Think he might want to help or is that not his style?

Donna, I love the new format. One thought, would it make sense to move the "what happened to" section to a separate post to be repeated perhaps every 20 posts or so making the list shorter but the information readily available?

Roy

Donna, I love the new format. One thought, would it make sense to move the "what happened to" section to a separate post to be repeated perhaps every 20 posts or so making the list shorter but the information readily available?

Roy

That was my original plan, but several longtimers (including Host Clarea) suggested that it would be too confusing that way. Then I reduced the font to make the list shorter, and someone asked me to increase the font to make it easier to read. So, for now, I'll just keep it as is. I am trying to make each entry less wordy.
  • Thanks 1

That was my original plan, but several longtimers (including Host Clarea) suggested that it would be too confusing that way. Then I reduced the font to make the list shorter, and someone asked me to increase the font to make it easier to read. So, for now, I'll just keep it as is. I am trying to make each entry less wordy.

Thanks for doing that. On Tapatalk, it seems no smaller than the current info. Appreciate what you are doing!

ENCHANTMENT: Bobby Broughton April 6 until early-September. (then who?)

l

I was playing around with the new website till it took me back to one of the pages where I could submit a question. I went ahead and asked if they knew who the cruise director would be for our cruise. Given Royal's normal MO, they probably won't answer will about 2 weeks before the cruise, but if I do get an answer, I'll pass it along.

I do enjoy knowing and researching the CD, but I know I'll have a good time.