Current Cruise Director (CD) List

For those heading to Grandeur, I just spotted this picture of John and Katrina Blair at the D Day-Veterans  Day observance they held.  It was very moving and appreciated.  If you look at the left side of the picture, you will see Cory Rogers.😉

image.thumb.png.44f9c27fb714c49fd517baf35a7fae5a.png

ADVENTURE:   Drew Devine #1027
ALLURE  Jimmy Rhodes, Mike Hunnerup returns in August # 1108

ANTHEM  Mitch Merucci until July 13.  Mitch returns Augugst 29 #1051  until January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCE:  Rob McNally #1169
EMPRESS:    Elvis Pinto #803 through early July #907
ENCHANTMENT:  Bobby Broughton until September #1158
EXPLORER:  Graham Seymour until mid July then Cleo takes over end of July. #1168
FREEDOM:   Patricio Honores as of February 24 #848
GRANDEUR:  John Blair  until June 13, then Cory Rogers until  August 8 and John again until November 30 #1194
HARMONY:   Marc Walker until July14 and then back on 9-29 #1097, then Dennis Charles for 2 months to cover Marc's break.
INDEPENDENCE:   Mark Rous as of 5-18 due to Jamie taking ill #1126, Cuddy Cudsworth as of June 11 for 4 months #1151
JEWEL:  Andrea Oliviri returns March 13 #878
LIBERTY:  Brian Leavitt new CD through August 11 #893                 

MARINER:  Marcelo Alvarado #1192
MAJESTY:  Mickey Urrutia as of 4-27, #1115
NAVIGATOR:  Hugo Arenas #849 
OASIS:   Mike Hunnerup #973
OVATION:  Chris Brown covers vacation until Joeff returns for AK in June#917
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter (until when?)
RADIANCE:   Susan Adams #1053, Cuddy to return approx 6-28 #1114
RHAPSODY:  Michele Scarpato #1109
SERENADE:  David Bradshawe #1086
SPECTRUM: Gordon Whatman through June 13, then Fang #1126

SYMPHONY:  Mike Szwajkowski until August 17, then Ricky Matthews to cover vacation #1123

VISION:    Cecy Del Razo #925 Steve Davis as of May 6 #1147
VOYAGER:  Michelle #1141

1 minute ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

seems like there has been a lot of turnover of CDs in the past year or so.

I hardly recognize the majority of names on the list

There has been a lot of turnover recently. Quite a few have either resigned (Abe Hughes), seem to have been fired or taken on a reduced schedule. There has been at least 5 new hires recently alongside a few promotions from AM to CD.

16 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

There has been a lot of turnover recently. Quite a few have either resigned (Abe Hughes), seem to have been fired or taken on a reduced schedule. There has been at least 5 new hires recently alongside a few promotions from AM to CD.

WOW - noticed a lot of new names...but thank you for adding a bit more detail behind it.

We got to know a couple CD's pretty well that are no longer with the cruise line. In both cases, they candidly shared the reason for their departure was "burn out". We certainly can see that happening...as the energy levels required to be a CD, especially a good one...are tough to sustain year after year. With that many CD's on the various ships...new names & faces isn't necessarily a bad thing.

On 6/10/2019 at 5:05 PM, DELTABLUE said:

ADVENTURE:   Drew Devine #1027
ALLURE  Jimmy Rhodes, Mike Hunnerup returns in August # 1108

ANTHEM  Mitch Merucci until July 13.  Mitch returns Augugst 29 #1051  until January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCE:  Rob McNally #1169
EMPRESS:    Elvis Pinto #803 through early July #907
ENCHANTMENT:  Bobby Broughton until September #1158
EXPLORER:  Graham Seymour until mid July then Cleo takes over end of July. #1168
FREEDOM:   Patricio Honores as of February 24 #848
GRANDEUR:  John Blair  until June 13, then Cory Rogers until  August 8 and John again until November 30 #1194
HARMONY:   Marc Walker until July14 and then back on 9-29 #1097, then Dennis Charles for 2 months to cover Marc's break.
INDEPENDENCE:   Mark Rous as of 5-18 due to Jamie taking ill #1126, Cuddy Cudsworth as of June 11 for 4 months #1151
JEWEL:  Andrea Oliviri returns March 13 #878
LIBERTY:  Brian Leavitt new CD through August 11 #893                 

MARINER:  Marcelo Alvarado #1192
MAJESTY:  Mickey Urrutia as of 4-27, #1115
NAVIGATOR:  Hugo Arenas #849 
OASIS:   Mike Hunnerup #973
OVATION:  Chris Brown covers vacation until Joeff returns for AK in June#917
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter (until when?)
RADIANCE:   Susan Adams #1053, Cuddy to return approx 6-28 #1114
RHAPSODY:  Michele Scarpato #1109
SERENADE:  David Bradshawe #1086
SPECTRUM: Gordon Whatman through June 13, then Fang #1126

SYMPHONY:  Mike Szwajkowski until August 17, then Ricky Matthews to cover vacation #1123

VISION:    Cecy Del Razo #925 Steve Davis as of May 6 #1147
VOYAGER:  Michelle #1141

Hi All,

Been quite a while since I've checked this board.

Can you fill me in as to what the numbers are after the CD's Name? :classic_rolleyes: Looks like Cabin #s? 😲

1 hour ago, SailingShelley said:

Hi All,

Been quite a while since I've checked this board.

Can you fill me in as to what the numbers are after the CD's Name? :classic_rolleyes: Looks like Cabin #s? 😲

They are the post numbers where the update was reported.

Corinna 

Mike Hunnerup left OA on May 12th - next assignment is Allure.

He was replaced by another Mike - Mike Witte, who is a new CD on Royal. I think he was on Princess before. Seems a bit strange that they gave an Oasis Class to a newbie. Also bizarre that they've put an American CD on a ship in Europe - given the clientele that I've seen over multiple OA class sailings from Barcelona, thought they would have had a British CD or a Mediterranean CD that is local and speaks multiple languages (I think Michele on SY last year spoke 5 languages). Nonetheless, best of luck to Mike! A good thing is that I've seen that he has included Love and Marriage on the Compass, which has been missing on all OA class Med sailings I've been on.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

Gordon Whatman was due to leave Spectrum today.  He said last month that he was  retiring but could possibly fill in if needed, having celebrated 29 years with Royal in April whilst on Spectrum’s Inaugural voyage.  

We have been cruising for 10 years with Royal and unfortunately never had Gordon as a CD until the Spectrum.  We really enjoyed his coffee morning chats in the Schooner on sea days, especially when some of the senior crew dropped in.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, shorehaven said:

Gordon Whatman was due to leave Spectrum today.  He said last month that he was  retiring but could possibly fill in if needed, having celebrated 29 years with Royal in April whilst on Spectrum’s Inaugural voyage.  

We have been cruising for 10 years with Royal and unfortunately never had Gordon as a CD until the Spectrum.  We really enjoyed his coffee morning chats in the Schooner on sea days, especially when some of the senior crew dropped in.

I've always enjoyed sailing with Gordon, he does a great job! I think he semi-retired a few years ago, but came back to full time. Maybe this time he will fully retire.  I'll miss his quick wit.

2 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

I've always enjoyed sailing with Gordon, he does a great job! I think he semi-retired a few years ago, but came back to full time. Maybe this time he will fully retire.  I'll miss his quick wit.

And his devilish grin 🤗

• Like 1

Thanx for reporting back on Cory.  Happy to hear you are pleased with how he is working out.  I got good vibes when I met him.  I wonder who will be picking up from John come November 30, when I am due to board again.

16 hours ago, Dot60 said:

We just got off the Grandeur today. Cory does a great job!!

Who was the Activity Manager working with Cory?  John Blair and Katrina Blair always work as a team....so they both left the ship to go on vacation on 6/13 and will return on 8/13.

7 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Who was the Activity Manager working with Cory?  John Blair and Katrina Blair always work as a team....so they both left the ship to go on vacation on 6/13 and will return on 8/13.

His name is Mike.  He's from Jamaica.  He was part of the activities staff when we sailed another time.