Current Cruise Director (CD) List

15 hours ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

Will he be the CD for the Adventure Snowbird Migration Cruise?

I believe Drew Devine is the regular and Chris Brown is vacation relief.

That would put Drew back onboard about the 2nd week of September for 4 months.

That would included the Snowbird cruise. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slainte! said:

Clo O'Connor is due to join Explorer on Sunday 21st July - for a full contract to end of October.

Cheers!

Joan

I was wondering about that - heard she was due on then, then saw Mark Rous being named.  We are also joining Explorer next Sunday!

3 hours ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

I was wondering about that - heard she was due on then, then saw Mark Rous being named.  We are also joining Explorer next Sunday!

Have a great cruise!

Clo is brilliant fun, enjoy. 

Cheers!

Joan

1 hour ago, The Sunset Glow said:

There's been no mention of Mercedes Lafluentes on a ship since she left Mariner in February (for the CD convention I believe). Is she no longer a CD with Royal Caribbean?

On social media, she is still listed as a Royal CD, but she's not been in any regular rotation for years so I'm guessing she may be semi-retired. She's been popping up randomly doing short fill ins and then goes on vacation and we don't hear anything about her for several months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drock20J said:

Is there any way to find out who the CD will be on a particular cruise...

IE: I am cruising Harmony on Sept. 1st. Will is (hopefully) be Marc Walker?

A comprehensive list is posted once a week (Sunday) so go back through the posts and you can see what information is available 

ADVENTURE:   Chris Brown as of 7-5-19 #1267
ALLURE  Jimmy Rhodes, Mike Hunnerup returns in August # 1108

ANTHEM  Dan Whitney #1223.  Mitch Merucci  returns Augugst 29 #1051 to January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCE:  Rob McNally #1169
EMPRESS:    Cece Del Razo through 9/7 when Elvis Pinto returns from vacation #1273
ENCHANTMENT:  Bobby Broughton.  On vacation 8-28/1028.  Will join Liberty April 2020. #1277
EXPLORER: Mark Rous,  as of June 23 #1226m Clo O'Connor 7-21 for full contract #1280
FREEDOM:   Patricio Honores as of February 24 #848 UPDATE?
GRANDEUR:  Cory Rogers until  August 8 then John Blair until November 30 #1194
HARMONY:   Dennis Charles as of 7-7 #1248, for 2 months, Marc Walker (back on 9-29 #1097)
INDEPENDENCE:   Cuddy Cudsworth as of June 11 for 4 months #1151
JEWEL:  Andrea Oliviri returns March 13 #878
LIBERTY:  Brian Leavitt new CD through August 11 #893                 

MARINER:  Marcelo Alvarado #1192
MAJESTY:  Tornado Tanya Yates Tongue as of 6-24 #1234
NAVIGATOR:  Hugo Arenas #849  Cory Rogers coming aboard August 9 ish #1278
OASIS:   Mike Whitte as of May 12. #1201
OVATION:   Joff Eaton as of 6-21 #1217
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter
RADIANCE:   Susan Adams #1053, Cuddy to return approx 6-28 #1114
RHAPSODY:  Michele Scarpato #1109
SERENADE:  David Bradshawe #1086
SPECTRUM: Fang Lixin as of June 13 #1213 

SYMPHONY:  Mike Szwajkowski until August 17, then Ricky Matthews to cover vacation #1123

VISION:    Steve Davis as of May 6 #1147
VOYAGER:  Michelle Oliveria #1141 

Please clarify Cuddy Cudsworth…Indy or Radiance?

• Like 1

Just curious... Whatever happened to Bobby Brown. I was on what ended up being one of his last sailing on Symphony earlier this year. It was then said he was going to help on Spectrum but I have not seen his name pop back up. I have only been on 2 cruises but I am always curious as to where the Captain and Cruise Director from those 2 cruises are doing these days. Sorry If it was posted awhile back as I did not want to page through numerous replies.

18 minutes ago, md80fan said:

Just curious... Whatever happened to Bobby Brown. I was on what ended up being one of his last sailing on Symphony earlier this year. It was then said he was going to help on Spectrum but I have not seen his name pop back up. I have only been on 2 cruises but I am always curious as to where the Captain and Cruise Director from those 2 cruises are doing these days. Sorry If it was posted awhile back as I did not want to page through numerous replies.

He went to Spectrum and worked behind the scenes. Presumably went on a 2 month vacation around May so may be due back on another ship soon.

There were a lot of negative reviews about him so I'm thinking that they are moving him more behind the scenes like Ken Rush. I've had 4 CD's on Harmony - Bobby, Abe, Marc & Dennis, and Bobby was very lacklustre compared to the other 3.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

15 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

He went to Spectrum and worked behind the scenes. Presumably went on a 2 month vacation around May so may be due back on another ship soon.

There were a lot of negative reviews about him so I'm thinking that they are moving him more behind the scenes like Ken Rush. I've had 4 CD's on Harmony - Bobby, Abe, Marc & Dennis, and Bobby was very lacklustre compared to the other 3.

Very lacklustre indeed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, md80fan said:

Captain Rick Sullivan (great guy, very visible on Symphony - they celebrated 25/years with Royal for him in January) begins a vacation Saturday and returns to SY Sept. 28. We will sadly miss him when we are on Labor Day cruise.

13 hours ago, Drock20J said:

Is there any way to find out who the CD will be on a particular cruise...

IE: I am cruising Harmony on Sept. 1st. Will is (hopefully) be Marc Walker?

He is not back onboard until 29th September.  From his social media posts l think he's doing some TV shopping channel work during his land time.

10 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Abe has also been moved to a shore job. No great loss imo, l found him average at best.

1 hour ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

Abe has also been moved to a shore job. No great loss imo, l found him average at best.

I'm led to believe that it was Abe's decision to move to a shore side job as he and his wife were starting a family and they had a son last month.

15 hours ago, md80fan said:

10 hours ago, BEENSAILING said:

Captain Rick Sullivan (great guy, very visible on Symphony - they celebrated 25/years with Royal for him in January) begins a vacation Saturday and returns to SY Sept. 28. We will sadly miss him when we are on Labor Day cruise.

Eye of the beholder --- I have known Bobby and his wife Becky since the last millennium, and have always found them to be charming and engaging.  I was on the Symphony cruise with Bobby when Captain Sullivan was honored for his 25 years at the Top Tier event (actually, even Gold members were invited).  I hold both Bobby and Captain Rick in high esteem.

Edited by travelgoddess1
  • Like 1